nascar ended up with a corrupt race

Looks like MWR is in a Twitter lockdown since Saturday night. Mikey & Clint are unusually silent on social media these days.

Darrell on the other hand.....

Darrell Waltrip@AllWaltrip
it takes a genius to figure out if Bowyer spins, 55 pits, the 99 jumps the restart and the 39 doesn't win, 56 makes chase on a tie breaker!

what Darrell is omitting, probably not by accident, is that Truex doesnt win tie breaker unless Logano gets that 10th spot.

I would predict probably a 25 pt. penalty for the 15 team and fines for the 15 and 55. I don't think Truex will be dinged nor should he be, even though he was a beneficiary he wasn't an active participant.
I don't blame the drivers so much as I do the owners and general manager. Waltrip and Norris are scumbags, plain and simple. What were Vickers and Bowyer going to do, not obey the people who write their checks?

I don't blame the drivers so much as I do the owners and general manager. Waltrip and Norris are scumbags, plain and simple. What were Vickers and Bowyer going to do, not obey the people who write their checks?

Seeing what they had Vickers do (pit for no apparent reason), would Mark Martin have gone along if he had been in the 55 ?

you guys need to get a grip..not saying all this is right or wrong..But it doesn't even come close to the graft and corruption that take place on a high school level, much less the college or pro's in the stick n ball arena.

you guys need to get a grip..not saying all this is right or wrong..But it doesn't even come close to the graft and corruption that take place on a high school level, much less the college or pro's in the stick n ball arena.
So becuase it's less than this others, it should just be ignored?

Seeing what they had Vickers do (pit for no apparent reason), would Mark Martin have gone along if he had been in the 55 ?
That's a good question. Mark was on his way out of MWR this year anyways, so I don't think he would have. Vickers probably felt obligated to once he figured it out, with them giving him a second chance in Cup.

It's not far off from point-shaving, which no sport takes lightly.

Mr. Pemberton does a lot of harm to the credibility of NASCAR when in discussing rules such as the RE-START LINE, and such, he adds Ambiguity, we need clarity, a rule is a rule, THE RACE LEADERS VEHICLE MUST BE THE FIRST VEHICLE TO REACH THE START FINISH LINE ON THE START OR THE RESTART. OF A RACE, ANY VIOLATION OF THIS SHALL RESULT IN A PENALTY OF THE OFFENDER, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT HE WAS PUSHED. HOWEVER, IF HE WAS PUSHED THE VEHICLE THAT WAS DOING THE PUSHING MUST BE PENALIZED AS WELL.

WE MUST TRY THIS, AND DISALLOW THE CORRUPTION, OR WHAT APPEARS TO BE CORRUPTION, WHEN SOME ARE PENALIZED AND SOME ARE NOT, SUCH AS CARL EDWARDS IN RICHMOND SATURDAY NIGHT.

Hard to explain to people who only have stick n ball to compare it too. No "league", no organized syndicate betting, very little to gain, This ain't the world series or the super bowl, all the teams can win a race and get paid. the chase is nothing but a bad attempt to emulate stick n ball playoffs. Get a grip.

tell ya what, a driver that is out of a chase wins two in a row, and all the cameras will be on him. I am waiting for a driver out of the "chase" to out point all of them..listen to the wanking then.

Hard to explain to people who only have stick n ball to compare it too. No "league", no organized syndicate betting, very little to gain, This ain't the world series or the super bowl, all the teams can win a race and get paid. the chase is nothing but a bad attempt to emulate stick n ball playoffs. Get a grip.

Exactly.

what Darrell is omitting, probably not by accident, is that Truex doesnt win tie breaker unless Logano gets that 10th spot.

Seems like the motive is (if this really happened that way) was to keep Gordon out of the Chase.

fall 2011...richmond.....menard spins race end.....harvick overtakes gordon.....wins race.

I wonder what would have happened if Martin was still in the 55. Can you imagine what is being said in today's meeting at MWR?

Seems like the motive is (if this really happened that way) was to keep Gordon out of the Chase.

I dont think it was personal with Gordon. MWR needed Logano in 10th. If it was Logano and Truex up against the wildcard then Logano would have been the wildcard driver.

I sure would like to be a fly on the wall in Heltons office right now.

I sure would like to be a fly on the wall in Heltons office right now.
I heard that in the driver's meeting he said "you guys play fair". What exactly does that mean? Of course nobody said "you guys created this mess, not us". we got all kinds of gray area that nobody is going to fix ever as long as there is the chase.

I heard that in the driver's meeting he said "you guys play fair". What exactly does that mean? Of course nobody said "you guys created this mess, not us". we got all kinds of gray area that nobody is going to fix ever as long as there is the chase.

that may be the point and how this may not come down to a penalty. However, nascar should make it known that moving forward they wont stand for this kind of crap.

One other scenario can playout also....Years ago Toyota warned MWR about cheating and preserving the automakers image. Toyota can fix this hole mess with one corporate 2 sentence statement...Toyota should just say your all done Mikey, and the burden placed on NASCRAP is fixed....The Japanese are big on sportsmanship...I hope they intervene and at least make a statement....

One other scenario can playout also....Years ago Toyota warned MWR about cheating and preserving the automakers image. Toyota can fix this hole mess with one corporate 2 sentence statement...Toyota should just say your all done Mikey, and the burden placed on NASCRAP is fixed....The Japanese are big on sportsmanship...I hope they intervene and at least make a statement....

give me a break, if anything Toyota is probably paying out bonuses as we speak. They chopped their Jap workforce years ago and moved to Taiwan and other third word economies to make their recycled toasters. Teamwork..loyalty..pfhhhit

Funny you say clueless when you dont even know what you're talking about.

Clint had been a thorn in Gordon side since the first Martinsville race that went on to carry on for the rest of the year.

How many times do you need to get wrecked before doing something?

Who cares if he was on old tires or not? Clint dive bombed the corner. Period.

Clint also started it at Phoenix.

And dude, Logano was fired long before Phoniex. Somehow Gordon could have hindered his job hunting? lol

Err, again for the clueless. WHEN did Bowyer WRECK Gordon? Gordon puts the bumper to more drivers than anyone in the field, and that's a fact. He lined up 3rd after Bowyer spun him at Martinsville, and in fact Jeff put Bowyer in the wall for what he did and was proud he did. "I made sure he didn't win". That should have been the end of it, especially because Jeff fell all the way back to 14th on those old tires of his.

During the rest of the season, there was SLIGHT contact with Boyer just twice. All of Jeff's whinings about being wrecked by Bowyer all year are total BS, and I think you know it.

All this whining by Gordon fans is getting old. I guess his fans are much like him, getting old and cranky and losing their eyesight.

Err, again for the clueless. WHEN did Bowyer WRECK Gordon? Gordon puts the bumper to more drivers than anyone in the field, and that's a fact. He lined up 3rd after Bowyer spun him at Martinsville, and in fact Jeff put Bowyer in the wall for what he did and was proud he did. "I made sure he didn't win". That should have been the end of it, especially because Jeff fell all the way back to 14th on those old tires of his.

During the rest of the season, there was SLIGHT contact with Boyer just twice. All of Jeff's whinings about being wrecked by Bowyer all year are total BS, and I think you know it.

All this whining by Gordon fans is getting old. I guess his fans are much like him, getting old and cranky and losing their eyesight.

look man..it is a grieving process, and they have a long way to go before it is over..get used to it. I wrote in the middle of the season about how Gordon is doing a whole lot of wheel holding and less racing and that he wasn't going to make the chase because of it..nothing but excuses..the car this and the car that..stay tuned for more of it. If they change crew chiefs it won't make any difference. The ship is sinking..rearranging the deck chairs will give them something to do while it is happening. Nothing personal against Jeff, it is father time. Most drivers with rare exceptions have peaked out at 40.

Headline for Jeff Gordon Chicago preview press release: GORDON ITCHING TO WIN AT CHICAGO AGAIN.

LOL!

BTvt-5KIUAAIBtQ.jpg:large

Just part of what Ryan Newman had to say on this subject today.

What Ryan Newman had to say today about the Clint Bowyer spin at Richmond

Q. Obviously this is the first time we've seen you since Saturday night. Have you seen any of the replays and heard any of the NWR audios? Just curious if you have any sort of opinion on the Bowyer spinout now that we're a couple days later?

RYAN NEWMAN: Yeah, right now it's tough to comment on it because I know it's being reviewed. My ultimate answer is it's pretty obvious to me the decisions that were made and the communication that's led up to that. I don't know how anybody is going to react or put their foot down or penalize or do anything in respect to all of this. So I guess I'm kind of waiting to see what comes of it.

But I do know that based on my opinion inside a race car and watching and listening and understanding the communication that there was then, that it was not entirely an accident; and the second part of that is maybe somebody could look up for me how many times this year Clint Bowyer spun out all by himself and get me an answer on that, if you don't mind.

Q. Ryan, it was pretty obvious from things you said at Richmond and maybe even back to Atlanta about you could say but it was inappropriate to say it was pretty clear you had a good idea that today, Monday, the 9th was coming and this announcement would happen. Even so, with making this official, does that help take any of the sting out of what happened to you Saturday night or is that going to sting for a while, regardless?

RYAN NEWMAN: To me, what happened to me Saturday night is the toughest thing that I've ever gone through in any kind of racing in my 30 years of driving because of the way everything went down and, in hindsight, how it hurt that much more.

This, for a week, yeah, I knew this announcement was coming, but in the end, I don't think it's anything to compare or contrast or say that the positive outweighs the negative or even compensates for it. They're two different things. This announcement is to show and tell everybody how much we look forward to it and what we have coming down the pipeline as far as racing and our relationship with RCR and myself and Chevrolet and everybody else and Caterpillar included.

So it's really tough to comment on anything about Saturday night right now until an announcement is made.

I say it again in case anyone missed it the first time. Gordon/Martin staying on track at Talladega to keep Edwards from leading a lap under caution when he was battling Stewart (in an HMS Chev) for the Cup in 2011. It's ironic how that took place when HMS was crying a river over Roush's alleged team orders that Fords were to only draft with other Fords.

Although the circumstances are different, those actions took place because of Stewart's affiliation of with HMS and possibly cost Edwards the championship. So, yeah, actions like Bowyers do effect teams, drivers, sponsors and people's lives but MWR isn't the only organization guilty of it.
They didn't change the outcome of the race. That is how it is different.

Back
Top Bottom