nascar ended up with a corrupt race

Why, we're already here? :confused:

Plus, it's already been discussed. Probation, slap on the wrist, minimal fine and 15-20 point penalty. We're all dreaming if we think they'll make a penalty that actually effects the chase.

It did affect the championship in a huge way, but one is just team racing rather than 2 guys battling it out themselves. What we saw Saturday, especially the Logano 'passes', goes too far, IMO. I knew for sure Menard spun intentionally, and I'm still suspicious as to why JJ was out there affecting the chase lineup and how he hit the wall on the front stretch when he wasn't even braking, so I kind of see Bowyers spin as business as usual.
what did jj do to change the chase?
JJ's spin? :p
jj didn't spin

Read my previous posts on this subject, idiot.
Call me all the names you want. I've been called worse by better.

And you want Bowyer penalized to the moon. So, your position on this subject is exactly where I thought it was.

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 1m
BREAKING: Newman in, Truex out among MWR penalties. 300k MWR fine. All 3 drivers docked 50 points. Ty Norris suspended indefinitely.
Seriously? Wow didnt think nascar would take action. I like the penalty besides one thing -- Clint Bowyer certain deserves the point deduction, but Vickers and Truex dont.

BREAKING: Newman in, Truex out among MWR penalties. 300k MWR fine. All 3 drivers docked 50 points. Ty Norris suspended indefinitely.

Well, if this is true, nascar just created a bigger mess than before. Newman in without the win? He lost it on pit road. Gordon is the guy pushed out by slow cars and bogus pit stops.

Good enough for me...Thanks Nascrap...I hope the fan upheaval helped in your decision...Still hoping for a statement from TOYOTA....Im not sure this is completely over yet....The sponsors need to make a statement/example....

Call me all the names you want. I've been called worse by better.

And you want Bowyer penalized to the moon. So, your position on this subject is exactly where I thought it was.

Again, read my previous posts or have someone more literate than you read them to you.;)

On restart, Gordon fails to get going on those old tires, and Bowyer is fully under his car when Gordon turns down.
At 1 minute mark, Jeff turns left and intentionally puts Bowyer in the wall.

Even the video betrays you. :D

Gordon, even on old tires got going pretty decently. Notice, how they didn't bog down the field. It was Bowyer who dive bomb the hell out of that cornver and not only took Jeff and Jimmie out but himself too.

Seriously? Wow didnt think nascar would take action. I like the penalty besides one thing -- Clint Bowyer certain deserves the point deduction, but Vickers and Truex dont.

Vickers was in on it, Truex was the beneficiary. Looks like they'll leave Logano alone - though I don't think they should.

Even the video betrays you. :D

Gordon, even on old tires got going pretty decently. Notice, how they didn't bog down the field. It was Bowyer who dive bomb the hell out of that cornver and not only took Jeff and Jimmie out but himself too.

LOL!

ESPN just reported it on the ticker. It really sucks for Truex, but he wasn't going to make it anyway had Bowyer not spun.

I hope they don't consider the asinine idea of taking Bowyer and Truex out of the Chase and inserting Gordon and Newman. If you think NASCAR looks bad now, can you imagine what it would look like if the sanctioning body started hand picking who should and shouldn't be in the Chase?

As I stated in a previous post, I think a 25pt. penalty and a six-figure fine would probably be suitable.

Its tough for sure but what is it that NASCAR is always saying? Dont put us in a position to make a judgement call because you ain't gonna like it.

Honestly, Putting Gordon in teh chase seems pretty inconsequential right now. I'm more concern with MWR getting away with all this. They need to be put down like dogs for this. Let them finsh the chase out and void their entrance in next year's chase.

That would teach 'em.

By the way, will this news consference be televised? I would like to see this.

Vickers was in on it, Truex was the beneficiary. Looks like they'll leave Logano alone - though I don't think they should.
Pretty sure he wasnt, sounded like the Cc ordered him to pit and he was very confused, but he came in anyways.

Also I think Truex should be booted out of the chase, but not point penalized.

Is the 50 point penalty for Truex and Bowyer before or after the Chase modifier is applied? I assumed that Bowyer had 50 points removed from him after the Chase starts (which would rule him out for the championship) but I think this needs to be confirmed.

My faith in NASCAR has been restored. I am very pleased with what NASCAR has done in response.

Daytona 500 2014, here I come!

The Associated Press
CONCORD, N.C. —
Ryan Newman is replacing Martin Truex Jr. in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship as part of NASCAR'S penalties against Michael Waltrip Racing for manipulating the outcome of last weekend's race at Richmond.
Two independent people familiar with the situation described the penalties to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because NASCAR had yet to announce its decision. The governing body had scheduled a news conference for Monday night.
Michael Waltrip Racing has been fined $300,000, and general manager Ty Norris is suspended indefinitely. Truex, Clint Bowyer and Brian Vickers have been docked 50 points apiece.
The action by NASCAR is a result of Bowyer intentionally spinning with seven laps remaining to bring out a caution with Newman leading Saturday night. Newman was racing Truex for the final spot in the 12-driver Chase field.
Copyright The Associated Press

Back
Top Bottom