nascar ended up with a corrupt race

Nascar needs proof, A crew chief tellin a driver to "itch it" ain't proof. The radio stuff from Ty Norris to Vickers sure is.

Karma baby. Last year Gordon wrecked a chase driver over slight contact, and he took out Logano too.

Now Logano is in at Jeffs expense. I can't shed a tear on this one.

This is horse **** and you know it.

Gordon took offense to Clint's dirty racing all year long and finally had enough by year's end.

Logano was not in the chase last year so he's irrelevant so why you brought him up for last year's debacle is beyond comprehension.

Slight contact my balls.

This thread has made it for about 5 pages without many personal insults until now.

And? This got your panties in such a bunch you quoted that twice in hopes that an admin sees it and bans me? Good luck with that like I said.

Go use that ignore button for once guy.

This is horse **** and you know it.

Gordon took offense to Clint's dirty racing all year long and finally had enough by year's end.

Logano was not in the chase last year so he's irrelevant so why you brought him up for last year's debacle is beyond comprehension.

Slight contact my balls.

You sure are cranky tonight. Let me explain for the clueless...

Gordon whined about Martinsville, then admitted he was on old tires and wouldn't have won anyway. Then he started complaining again.

Yes, slight contact, no matter what you holding right now. Gordon wrecked himself trying to wreck Bowyer the first time, then waited on the track like a little beeotch and wrecked a championship contender.

Meanwhile, Logano is fighting to get a new ride, and dumbass Gordon wrecks him too. This time, Logano benefited from another driver doing the wrong thing, and Gordon lost his chance to make the chase.

Karma, baby. Karma. What goes around, comes around.

You sure are cranky tonight. Let me explain for the clueless...

Gordon whined about Martinsville, then admitted he was on old tires and wouldn't have won anyway. Then he started complaining again.

Yes, slight contact, no matter what you holding right now. Gordon wrecked himself trying to wreck Bowyer the first time, then waited on the track like a little beeotch and wrecked a championship contender.

Meanwhile, Logano is fighting to get a new ride, and dumbass Gordon wrecks him too. This time, Logano benefited from another driver doing the wrong thing, and Gordon lost his chance to make the chase.

Karma, baby. Karma. What goes around, comes around.

Funny you say clueless when you dont even know what you're talking about.

Clint had been a thorn in Gordon side since the first Martinsville race that went on to carry on for the rest of the year.

How many times do you need to get wrecked before doing something?

Who cares if he was on old tires or not? Clint dive bombed the corner. Period.

Clint also started it at Phoenix.

And dude, Logano was fired long before Phoniex. Somehow Gordon could have hindered his job hunting? lol

The question is though, what will they do? I also believe something will be done, but I doubt they'll even go as far as to leave Bowyer out of the first chase race. They'll give him a suspension, a small fine and 20 points taken away.

This is exactly what I see happening, except it will be probation, not a suspension.

Bowyer then gets hit with a 20, maybe 25 point penalty and gets fined X amount of dollars.

Mikey gets hit the same way with owners points and is fined also.

To the best of my knowledge (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), NASCAR has never changed the outcome of a race following the discovery, after the race, that someone had cheated.

The Richmond race winner has been decided and so has the Chase line-up.

IMO, NASCAR will do nothing to change that.

This is exactly what I see happening, except it will be probation, not a suspension.

Bowyer then gets hit with a 20, maybe 25 point penalty and gets fined X amount of dollars.

Mikey gets hit the same way with owners points and is fined also.

To the best of my knowledge (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), NASCAR has never changed the outcome of a race following the discovery, after the race, that someone had cheated.

The Richmond race winner has been decided and so has the Chase line-up.

IMO, NASCAR will do nothing to change that.

Technically correct but in 1991 or 92 Nascar immediately took a win from Ricky Rudd.
He spun Davey Allison out on one of the last corners at Sonoma to gain the lead.
Allison recovered and crossed the line in the 2nd track position or spot.
It has been years and the spin may have happened on the lap prior.
Nascar had enough time to display the black flag to Rudd even though he crossed the line on the last lap in the first postion for what would been the checkered flag.
The decision was a five second penalty for spinning out Allison, giving him the win in spite of crossing the line second.

Note: I think your point is valid, and I have never seen anything before or after like the case I am referring to; I am just being a nerd or playing Cliff from Cheers.

NASCAR is hosting the 2nd Annual "Chase Contenders Live" event this coming Thursday in Chicago.

http://contenderslive.nascar.com/event_info.aspx

Considering that I work about a 15 minute walk from where it's being held, I just might take the afternoon off and check it out.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of reception Bowyer gets from the crowd.

I think your point is valid, and I have never seen anything before or after like the case I am referring to; I am just being a nerd or playing Cliff from Cheers.

I'll drink to that . . .:cheers:

Looks like Blake Shelton tweeted that Bowyer is "The definition of a team player." Well, looks like their friendship is over. You know you screwed up when even your best friends are admitting that you spun to help out the team. A true man would make a public apology to those impacted. They already know that EVERYONE knows that they were helping Truex make it in. Think we'll see an apology from Bowyer? What about Vickers? Waltrip? Truex? Will ANYONE apologize?

Also, this quote was on the USA Todays article..."NASCAR.com reporter Alan Cavanna tweeted that Waltrip walked up to Truex on pit road and told the driver, "You've got awesome teammates."

Anyone here anymore about this, especially since the same article says that Waltrip was interviewed and said he knows nothing about any "funny business."

You guys keep talking about what the sanctioning body should do, who should get penalized, how severe, and so on. The Chase outcome after MWR's actions might be BS, but the bottom line is that NASCAR can't and won't do anything about it. But I don't think they have to.

I really hope the drivers will police this themselves. If either Bowyer or Truex is a threat during the Chase, I have a feeling they will be roughed up by the competition if the right opportunities arise. They have bulls eyes on their backs now, and deservedly so. I think the Chevy and Ford teams will have no problem racing the MWR cars a little harder, especially if you're a non-Chase driver, or a Chase driver too far back in the points to have a legitimate shot at the title.

I think this just goes to show that Michael Waltrip is still a chicken sh*t phony, just like his driver in the 15.

Looks like Blake Shelton tweeted that Bowyer is "The definition of a team player." Well, looks like their friendship is over. You know you screwed up when even your best friends are admitting that you spun to help out the team. A true man would make a public apology to those impacted. They already know that EVERYONE knows that they were helping Truex make it in. Think we'll see an apology from Bowyer? What about Vickers? Waltrip? Truex? Will ANYONE apologize?

Apologies will only make things worst because you are acknowledging the problem and since NASCAR wont do anything about it it will just become an even more of a stain in the sport.

Might as well put an asterisk besides the 2013 chase. Its marred.

lol...Next race or so driver a will crash driver b and the sport will march on. In a week or so, this will be forgotten--as it should be.

If only it was that easy. This wont be forgotten until next year when Gordon and Newman have another chance to make the chase.

As questions swirled around Clint Bowyer's late-race spin at Richmond International Raceway on Saturday night – an incident that altered the Chase for the Sprint Cup field with a caution – NASCAR said it did not believe Bowyer did anything intentional.

"Not at all," Sprint Cup Series director John Darby told USA TODAY Sports. "Although we watch it – we make a point of mentioning it in the drivers' meeting and everything – I don't think anybody realistically believes that was the case with the 15 car."

Seems like NASCAR is gonna try to bury this one as quickly as possible.

As questions swirled around Clint Bowyer's late-race spin at Richmond International Raceway on Saturday night – an incident that altered the Chase for the Sprint Cup field with a caution – NASCAR said it did not believe Bowyer did anything intentional.

"Not at all," Sprint Cup Series director John Darby told USA TODAY Sports. "Although we watch it – we make a point of mentioning it in the drivers' meeting and everything – I don't think anybody realistically believes that was the case with the 15 car."

Seems like NASCAR is gonna try to bury this one as quickly as possible.

They have changed their tune since then mate.......investigating it now.

25 points? In the new points system, that's like getting penalized 75 points in the old system. You'd (in effect) disqualify him from the championship over this?

I'd give him a 3 point penalty and tell him to be a good boy. This whole thing is overblown, in my humble opinion. Maybe it's because I'm used to watching F1 and the team orders there.

25 points? In the new points system, that's like getting penalized 75 points in the old system. You'd (in effect) disqualify him from the championship over this?

I'd give him a 3 point penalty and tell him to be a good boy. This whole thing is overblown, in my humble opinion. Maybe it's because I'm used to watching F1 and the team orders there.

That's funny you feel that way coz from now on I think of Bowyer as a piece of ****e and a great representative of MWR racing.

I dont want Nascar to have team orders.. in F1 their is only so many good teams, it doesnt really matter but in Nascar helping teammate used to just mean let the guy lead a lap early in the race. Things like what Bowyer and Vickers were told to do go way beyond that. Not only that but this same thing could happen in the chase.. imagine Clint is going into homestea as the points leader or close to it. Vickers and Truex are out but they crash the points leader (Johnson) on purpose, letting Bowyer take the title.

That would make me sick

I dont want Nascar to have team orders.. in F1 their is only so many good teams, it doesnt really matter but in Nascar helping teammate used to just mean let the guy lead a lap early in the race. Things like what Bowyer and Vickers were told to do go way beyond that. Not only that but this same thing could happen in the chase.. imagine Clint is going into homestea as the points leader or close to it. Vickers and Truex are out but they crash the points leader (Johnson) on purpose, letting Bowyer take the title.

That would make me sick

Guys like Gordon and Newmna would never let that happen.

I think they will make it their mission to make their chase a living nightmare. I know I would.

I think they will make it their mission to make their chase a living nightmare. I know I would.

thats really why Nascar needs to step in. by doing nothing, its on their hands if Gordon or Newman take out bowyer

and so they should......every race....do unto them as they did to you

I say it again in case anyone missed it the first time. Gordon/Martin staying on track at Talladega to keep Edwards from leading a lap under caution when he was battling Stewart (in an HMS Chev) for the Cup in 2011. It's ironic how that took place when HMS was crying a river over Roush's alleged team orders that Fords were to only draft with other Fords.

Although the circumstances are different, those actions took place because of Stewart's affiliation of with HMS and possibly cost Edwards the championship. So, yeah, actions like Bowyers do effect teams, drivers, sponsors and people's lives but MWR isn't the only organization guilty of it.

I say it again in case anyone missed it the first time. Gordon/Martin staying on track at Talladega to keep Edwards from leading a lap under caution when he was battling Stewart (in an HMS Chev) for the Cup in 2011. It's ironic how that took place when HMS was crying a river over Roush's alleged team orders that Fords were to only draft with other Fords.

Although the circumstances are different, those actions took place because of Stewart's affiliation of with HMS and possibly cost Edwards the championship. So, yeah, actions like Bowyers do effect teams, drivers, sponsors and people's lives but MWR isn't the only organization guilty of it.
Agreed, but they have taken it to a new level that makes the past look like they were just playing games.

Agreed, but they have taken it to a new level that makes the past look like they were just playing games.

Yes, they have.

I think we'll see some type of repercussions for MWR but it's unlikely that Nascar will somehow put #24 & #39 into the Chase.

You're one of the clueless dude here.

No one would assume a driver would spin out on purpose, its very unsportments like. They get teh benefit of the doubt but when you get as much evidence as what has come out then things change.

You're one dumb sob.

Heh kid . If you need to resort to name calling to make your silly point . Fill your boots big fella.

You are prolly right but I'd love to see the 39 and 24 in.....at the expense of the 15 and 56

I've long wondered why it's widely accepted that Nascar is perhaps the only professional competition where cheating is not only overlooked but actually encouraged and bragged about.

Maybe Nascar will draw a line and say that cheating in stock car racing is no more acceptable than it is in any "sport."

I've long wondered why it's widely accepted that Nascar is perhaps the only professional competition where cheating is not only overlooked but actually encouraged and bragged about.

Maybe Nascar will draw a line and say that cheating in stock car racing is no more acceptable than it is in any "sport."
I wish for that day.....

If I remember correctly, that was due in part because Roush had team orders not to draft with chevys so the obvious thing to do is to keep them from leading and in the end it ended up causing them dearly.

This was several races before the championship became a focus point on just the two guys.

But hey, even if they did try to keep him from leading a lap at least they did it legit and the right way.

An upside to having teammates is that they can play defense for you and that is fair game but when you go the route of actually spinning and barking out orders to pit and park yourself? Well that's a whole different matter.

Childress and now Waltrip resort to this sad tactic and believe you me, if Nascar doesn't stop this now more and more teams will be doing this, its just a hard cold fact.

Back
Top Bottom