Nascar looks at collusion!!!!

collusion in the chase?
you tin hat lugnuts been watching too many jr. podcasts.

I just find it interesting what people are and are not willing to accept or tolerate. I'm sure most if not all of you will disagree with my opinion, , but on a 1-10 scale, the jackman non-penalty is a 1, the #9 no radio communications is about a 3 and the shenanigans with the 20 car are about a 9. The first two were totally unintentional, and provided no gain to the team, quite the opposite actually. On the third issue, I have no dog in the fight, so there is no bias here, but but I see no difference between what the 20 team did , and what MWR did so many years ago.

Well, honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with what MWR did. In fact, I was screaming for it to happen. In other forms of motorsport, it is an accepted part of the sport. Did anybody watch IMSA from Laguna? Penskes swapped the lead for the Championship points. Only in NASCAR is this really a big deal. Somehow, this form of motorsport has sacred unwritten principles that are only known to a select few with a higher moral compass.

Where does it end though? Do we send team cars out to wreck the other competitors out of the race?

Where does it end though? Do we send team cars out to wreck the other competitors out of the race?
Kenseth accomplished that with the 4 car. He slid up and cut Harvick's tire. Was it a crappy block or an accident. Got to give Kenseth the benefit of the doubt...but we do know Kenseth is damn sure capable of wrecking somebody out. I don't see much difference this final race. I wouldn't put it past "team orders" being given after what happened last week.

With no penalties handed out last weekend, I think we see a good deal of race manipulation this week with teammates doing all they can to help their teammate win the championship.

With no penalties handed out last weekend, I think we see a good deal of race manipulation this week with teammates doing all they can to help their teammate win the championship.
message sent by Nascar..anything goes. This will probably be Jerry Springer race 2

Well, that is a good question.....Somewhat similar to the question that can be asked about Harvick running into Kyle at the end of last week's race. I think it is like the height rule....can't police it, so why try? What they are doing to police it isn't working....

Can't wait.

Well, that is a good question.....Somewhat similar to the question that can be asked about Harvick running into Kyle at the end of last week's race. I think it is like the height rule....can't police it, so why try? What they are doing to police it isn't working....
Its not a good question. You cant maliciously change the outcome of a race

Sure looked like contact to me.

whoops wrong thread

Its not a good question. You cant maliciously change the outcome of a race

I am not sure what maliciously means in this context, but like I said, it is commonplace in other forms of motorsport. Maybe we should limit owners to one car? Why do we have teams anyway?

you need to be a big boy and figure out some of this out yourself. You actually get kind of Einstieny when it involves anybody but the rice burners.

Whatever. Tell me I'm wrong. Harvick 2 points behind Denny. 1 point behind Kez. Denny loses the spot, and then is tied with Kez. Harvick pulls off his move. Tied with Denny and Kez. Denny advances as does Harv on wins, Brad is out. Tell me I am wrong. I mean, hell, on the basis of the fact that the 4 was junk all day, the Jones deal had no impact. Again, tell me I am wrong. I am absolute **** with point scenarios, etc. I am good with being wrong here....

Whatever. Tell me I'm wrong. Harvick 2 points behind Denny. 1 point behind Kez. Denny loses the spot, and then is tied with Kez. Harvick pulls off his move. Tied with Denny and Kez. Denny advances as does Harv on wins, Brad is out. Tell me I am wrong. I mean, hell, on the basis of the fact that the 4 was junk all day, the Jones deal had no impact. Again, tell me I am wrong. I am absolute **** with point scenarios, etc. I am good with being wrong here....
That isn't the point. They manipulated the race. Move on dude, the cheatin yota is in the race.

That isn't the point. They manipulated the race. Move on dude, the cheatin yota is in the race.

No, the point is that your rant is pointless. The Jones story is a non-issue because Rodney and Company dropped a big turd in the punchbowl. It didn't matter....but I wonder what side of the fence you would have been on had Harv had enough skill to actually take Kyle out and get his point. I am guessing--no I know--that that would have all been fine and dandy for you. Tell you what.....You go after the 20, you gotta go after the 4, and you know it. Be careful what you ask for. FWIW didn't have a problem with what the 4 did either.

No, the point is that your rant is pointless. The Jones story is a non-issue because Rodney and Company dropped a big turd in the punchbowl. It didn't matter....but I wonder what side of the fence you would have been on had Harv had enough skill to actually take Kyle out and get his point. I am guessing--no I know--that that would have all been fine and dandy for you. Tell you what.....You go after the 20, you gotta go after the 4, and you know it. Be careful what you ask for. FWIW didn't have a problem with what the 4 did either.
Don't pass him Jones

Don't pass him Jones

Pointless. You have no point. You are dancing around the subject. It didn't matter, and you know it....ALOU allows you to ramble without accountability. Pathetic.

I am not sure what maliciously means in this context, but like I said, it is commonplace in other forms of motorsport. Maybe we should limit owners to one car? Why do we have teams anyway?
Wreck another car = Malicious. What the 11 and 20 did was not

Because it makes MUCH more sense financially to field multiple cars. So many of the costs of racing are fixed costs that you will have whether you field one car or ten. The more cars you can spread those costs over, the better off you will be. It also helps prevent the loss of one major sponsor or one key driver from completely sinking your team. In my heart of hearts, I wish teams could be limited to two, but I know that's never going to happen.

Because it makes MUCH more sense financially to field multiple cars. So many of the costs of racing are fixed costs that you will have whether you field one car or ten. The more cars you can spread those costs over, the better off you will be. It also helps prevent the loss of one major sponsor or one key driver from completely sinking your team. In my heart of hearts, I wish teams could be limited to two, but I know that's never going to happen.

Fair enough....but the word here is "team." We understand that at Daytona and Dega....but somehow struggle at other places.

The only thing I don't understand about the situation is what motivated Jones to play the loyal teammate. He must have felt that somewhere down the road it would pay dividends for him. Maybe HE becomes the second driver for Denny's new team, I don't know. I fully understand the value of not burning bridges, but I were jones i would have had a hard time not wanting to stick it to JGR not only letting him go, but not finding a soft landing spot for him.

The only thing I don't understand about the situation is what motivated Jones to play the loyal teammate. He must have felt that somewhere down the road it would pay dividends for him. Maybe HE becomes the second driver for Denny's new team, I don't know. I fully understand the value of not burning bridges, but I were jones i would have had a hard time not wanting to stick it to JGR not only letting him go, but not finding a soft landing spot for him.

You know, that is a great point, and I wouldn't have blamed him. I do think that he had that feeling based on the radio chatter, and who could blame him? I am not happy that Erik is gone....but I do think that there is a possibility that he will be back IF he will have Toyota again....I believe that that relationship is somewhat like the one Toyota has with MTJ....Just my two cents. Bottom line is that Erik did what was expected because that is the kind of kid he is.

You should know better then most since you've been in this business you dont EVER burn a bridge in racing. People move around all the time and many times they end up back together down the line. It would have served no purpose for him to pass Denny other then boost his ego. If a Toyota ride comes open or is created dont think they wont look at past history.

Back
Top Bottom