Nascar looks at collusion!!!!

Any other race a crew member behind the wall loses his balance and momentary touches the track with his pinky and it is called as to many men over or over the wall to soon.
Takes big balls for to be so obvious in their favoritism.

It's hard to blame teams for taking the maximum advantage of the fact that NASCAR loves to write vague ambiguous rules. The jackman knew the rule well enough to understand what the minimum he needed to do to comply with the rule. If I had written he rule, the crew member would have had to go back to the top of the wall and pause momentarily, but I didn't write it. I don't have an answer for the guys that get penalized for leaning over the wall and touching the ground. Once the pit stop actually starts, and IF the person actually touches a tire or pit equipment on the hot side of the wall, I don't know how you can do any kind of reset. The thing to remember in the 9 pit incident is that it was basically self penalizing, because it screwed up the stop and they lost positions. That's why I have never been a fan of the loose wheel penalties. To me, a loose wheel is it's own form of penalty.

Once the pit stop actually starts, and IF the person actually touches a tire or pit equipment on the hot side of the wall,
HUH? This goes on in every pit when the tire carrier rolls the tire to a guy on the other side of the wall. He leans over and catches the tire so He is IMO part of the pitting crew.

HUH? This goes on in every pit when the tire carrier rolls the tire to a guy on the other side of the wall. He leans over and catches the tire so He is IMO part of the pitting crew.

What I am saying is, if a person reaches for a tire, puts his hand on pit road (penalty) and THEN participates in the pit stop in any way, there is no practical way to have that person re-set himself and and avoid the penalty. If the jackman had started actually jacking the car, he wouldn't have been able to re-set himself either. I suppose if that person put his hand on the ground, pulled his body back over the wall and THEN participated in the stop, that would be considered legal, but by then, the tire has rolled away, creating a NEW penalty. Personally, I think that part of the rule is stupid and pointless anyway. As long as your feet are on the ground behind the pit wall, why does it matter what the top of your body is doing?

Until it injures or kills somebody then it is another much more serious form of penalty

Who was the last driver to be able to hang onto a car long enough that the wheel has a chance to come off? Generally, the car is completely undrivable WAY before that. In forty years of watching races, the ONLY wheels I have ever seen fall off (not a broken wheel) were coming out of the pits with ZERO lug nuts on, or malfunctioning single lock wheels in Indy car and sports car racing.

Who was the last driver to be able to hang onto a car long enough that the wheel has a chance to come off? Generally, the car is completely undrivable WAY before that. In forty years of watching races, the ONLY wheels I have ever seen fall off (not a broken wheel) were coming out of the pits with ZERO lug nuts on, or malfunctioning single lock wheels in Indy car and sports car racing.
I don't care what you have seen. The rule is in place because teams were dangerously only using a couple of lug nuts in order to get out of the pits quicker creating an unsafe situation. But of course you are the expert that knows all.

I don't care what you have seen. The rule is in place because teams were dangerously only using a couple of lug nuts in order to get out of the pits quicker creating an unsafe situation. But of course you are the expert that knows all.
The rule is in place because Stewart ran his mouth about killing people in the stands ( because they were getting whipped in the pits weekly) so NASCAR had to react. I've Havent seen one come off since Kurt Busch at Homestead but that was a center section failure

I wonder who can be blamed for suspending the crew chief, the tire changer and the tire carrier for four races if a tire came loose from improper installation the year before the lug nut rule came out.

The rule is in place because Stewart ran his mouth about killing people in the stands ( because they were getting whipped in the pits weekly) so NASCAR had to react. I've Havent seen one come off since Kurt Busch at Homestead but that was a center section failure
It cost Stewart 35 thousand dollars for his rant and 4 days after the fine is when Nascar made the rule.

They needed to end the practice of teams doing it routinely and purposely, because unfortunately the incentive to do so was too strong. It's a responsible rule that will be unnecessary when they move to a single lug nut anyway.

I wonder who can be blamed for suspending the crew chief, the tire changer and the tire carrier for four races if a tire came loose from improper installation the year before the lug nut rule came out.
I do recall now that Kyle Buschs left rear fell of exiting the pits during a truck race but he never got up to speed

didn't that happen to Dave Blaney once when he was leading a race? With DW singing you picked fine time to leave me

Has there been any announcements regarding penalties for the 11/20 team orders??

They needed to end the practice of teams doing it routinely and purposely, because unfortunately the incentive to do so was too strong. It's a responsible rule that will be unnecessary when they move to a single lug nut anyway.

With the single nut, that is when you WILL see wheels come off, it's not if but when.

Unless somebody can offer something to the contrary, I'm going to say Dale Jr's wreck was NOT caused by loose lug nuts.
Probabaly not, but wheels are important. Hardware around them shouldn’t be ****** with.

I’m not a Harvick fan at all but he’s Driver Of The Year no matter who wins the Cup championship.

Then why isn't he racing for the championship--he's the closer?

Don't pass him Jones?

Jones passes Hamlin....Hamlin ties Kez with Closer 1 pt. behind. Closer nails Kyle and gets spot, he pushes Kez out on points. Am I right? It plays out the way it did, Closer still needs to pull off his cheap shot.....I could be missing something.

Jones passes Hamlin....Hamlin ties Kez with Closer 1 pt. behind. Closer nails Kyle and gets spot, he pushes Kez out on points. Am I right? It plays out the way it did, Closer still needs to pull off his cheap shot.....I could be missing something.
ah, no

Then why isn't he racing for the championship--he's the closer?
thumb_horse-blinders-for-humans-52530330.png

I just find it interesting what people are and are not willing to accept or tolerate. I'm sure most if not all of you will disagree with my opinion, , but on a 1-10 scale, the jackman non-penalty is a 1, the #9 no radio communications is about a 3 and the shenanigans with the 20 car are about a 9. The first two were totally unintentional, and provided no gain to the team, quite the opposite actually. On the third issue, I have no dog in the fight, so there is no bias here, but but I see no difference between what the 20 team did , and what MWR did so many years ago.

With all the trying to get a technical edge in the shop

there had to be some team talk before the race on scenarios to help a chase driver
even if it was just drivers

Harvick had 2 teammates right in front of Kyle, not sure of the time separation
but there was 2 points before he tried to spin Kyle

after 50 to go
Clint says I need tires got a bad vibration
last pit stop let a tire get away, pit guy fall off wall and not reset himself
Aric starts dropping a 10th a lap or get caught on outside loose a few spots
or probably 50 other non obvious scenarios

shame on SHR for not preparing

JGR should have had a penalty, the spotter said “don’t pass him”

With proper preparation
Jones knew where Hamlin was and would have slowed before he ever got that close

Harvick had 2 teammates right in front of Kyle, not sure of the time separation
but there was 2 points before he tried to spin Kyle
after 50 to go
Clint says I need tires got a bad vibration
last pit stop let a tire get away, pit guy fall off wall and not reset himself
Aric starts dropping a 10th a lap or get caught on outside loose a few spots
or probably 50 other non obvious scenarios

shame on SHR for not preparing
So shame on SHR for not cheating like JGR did.

Back
Top Bottom