NASCAR Paint Scheme Discussion

IMG_39009dew.jpg

What's up with the blue wheels? And why do most of his cars have some stupid vinyl shape on the A pillar? Drives me nuts
Yeah. Check out what I added to that post. Even more reason to believe it's a NAPA car re-wrapped. They'll probably throw some green wheels on it this weekend. I hope.

Yeah. Check out what I added to that post. Even more reason to believe it's a NAPA car re-wrapped. They'll probably throw some green wheels on it this weekend. I hope.

I'm just glad this year's NAPA car doesn't have the goofy pillars. Last year's car was fugly compared to 2016....

maxresdefault.jpg

Reminds me of this.....

2tapedoffwindowdecal.jpg

I would say that is either a backup car or it was done for promotional work. HMS doesn't do much car wrap, and Daytona would certainly not be the place for it.

http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/...l-with-elliotts-mountain-dew-chevy-camaro#/10

If you look close enough, it almost looks like this is a wrap placed over top of his NAPA scheme. There are lines running away from the fender that look to be the same placement. Interesting. It's visible in some of the other photos too.

IMG_38959dew.jpg
You can clearly see the Napa paint lines, but I dont think the wheels are a clue, those are just moving the car around wheels, I could be wrong, but there were no blue wheels for the unvail, or on any of the renderings, of course that doesnt mean anything.

What's up with the blue wheels? And why do most of his cars have some stupid vinyl shape on the A pillar? Drives me nuts
Moving the car around the shop/transit wheels to get the car to the track, that is all.

A new paint scheme for 2018, submitted without further comment...

000-nascar-cup-air-titans-presentation-2018-air-titans.jpg

When one of your major sponsors makes automotive paint, and they have a facility on your campus, you can't get too carried away with it. I'm sure with the revolving door of sponsors, there has had to be concessions made, but traditionally their cars have had more paint and fewer decals than about anything out there. Even I was amazed at the video for Dale Jr's last race car at some of the things I would have assumed would be decals were actually paint.

Back
Top Bottom