NASCAR Sponsorship News Thread

You know, I really haven't.....seen more adults. I think that the idea that kids are attracted to the brand runs contrary to the idea that car culture is dead. So, kids don't like cars, but they will wear NASCAR gear. Just not buying it. No question M&Ms appeals to kids, but are they making the connection with NASCAR? Not so sure.
It's things like the old Melling Cartoon Network cars. A lot of people, my age included remembers because it helped grow my attachment to NASCAR.

I think they need more of that, those things that people of different ages can get behind. Fans don't have to be into car culture to get behind racing either, it helps, but its not everything. I'm into cars because my Dad's side of the family is. I just enjoy watching race cars go fast and I enjoy learning the dynamics of it all.

So many directions they could go in, I enjoy business side of this as well. I'm genuinely curious to see whats next.

There is no way to spin the news of Mars' departure as anything but bad. Here's a sponsor that's been around since 1990 that's the primary sponsor of one of NASCAR's superstars, and they're bailing. Right when NASCAR is supposedly going to become more affordable for sponsors too.

Obviously, they see the writing on the wall and see that there's no financial benefit to them being in NASCAR. That's not good for the sport.

There is no way to spin the news of Mars' departure as anything but bad. Here's a sponsor that's been around since 1990 that's the primary sponsor of one of NASCAR's superstars, and they're bailing. Right when NASCAR is supposedly going to become more affordable for sponsors too.

Obviously, they see the writing on the wall and see that there's no financial benefit to them being in NASCAR. That's not good for the sport.
I just don't over react to this.

It's business.

Complete nonsense.

You have no acccess to Mars' financials or board meeting minutes. Blowing smoke. Again.

I don't think so at all. You may not like him, but I betcha he is more recognizable than our current champion. I think whatever pay cut he was going to suffer has already occurred with his last contract. Look up at that sky....it isn't falling.
I'm sorry I've something you don't like about one of your holy Toyota guys. But the reality is I don't see any sponsors willing to spend the money Mars has over the years. His performance was off last season and unless it significantly picks up I think another cut in pay is coming

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sponsors come and go. Always have, always will.

JGR will have no problem finding sponsorship for the 18.
Pretty much. Like many sponsors that leave it's because they change the CEO's and go a different direction. Lowes and Home Depot for example. Simpletons seem to see the series being shook to the core and look for anything to fit their narrative. I'm interested in how they fill the gap myself. It's going to be a challenge looking at the surface, but M&M's could have been backing off for awhile for all I know.

Some of the cool paint schemes we got because of Mars

Hillin-Darlington.jpg

2004_MMHalloween_38_ES.jpg

elliott-sadler-38-nascar-2005-ryr-ford-m-ms-4th-of-july-1-24-en.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fbeyondtheflag.com%2Ffiles%2Fimage-exchange%2F2016%2F04%2Fie_48159.jpeg

609c6deaea77f251076c054b91e79d08_XL.jpg

Mars made a business decision which was that money was better spent elsewhere, had nothing to do with Busch. If they simply didn't want to be with Busch they would have went to a different team. Not good for NASCAR, but not the end of the world.

It's business seeing that there isn't an upside to being a part of NASCAR racing. All I'm saying is, there's no positive spin to add to this.
Racing is harder to sell in general.

NASCAR is pretty big in this aspect, may not have the most viewers, however when it comes to actual use of affordable and obtainable products. This sport is probably one of the best with it. Why ROI is usually so solid in NASCAR? If fans can afford it, they will go out and get it.

The numbers were good for Mars, you know what that means? More companies will see this, NASCAR still have significant and long standing deals. However, times change and people within the corps change. It happens dude, racing is a hard sell and always had been. Especially after the tobacco ban. This is something JGR and NASCAR can use in heir advantage in searching for new sponsors.

They trust in a lot of us being interested in the items they market. Viewership is important, but we buy things that racing companies market because we want to see them thrive. The numbers may not be there in viewership, but ROI or the percentage of returns they are receiving in on social media and people buying said product.

We see sponsors come and go all the time. There is a lot of work we don't see that goes on behind the scenes. Wish I had a deeper understanding of marketing, but all relationships come to an end.

You know Phillp Morris is leaving Ferrari and Repsol is leaving Honda in Moto GP? Don't hear a peep about those two staples leaving. Stuff changes.

Raise your hand if you had this on your Bingo card?

I think it will be interesting to see what sponsorship they can put together for him. I have to imagine it will be multiple sponsors pieced together

I honestly hated every M&M's paint scheme. Good advertising, yeah, but they looked childish. A race car shouldn't look like a clown designed it.
I honestly agree. Never been a huge fan of it--except....except for the throwback 75th Anniversary....not the Darlington thing, but the season long celebration. Simple.

I'm sorry I've something you don't like about one of your holy Toyota guys. But the reality is I don't see any sponsors willing to spend the money Mars has over the years. His performance was off last season and unless it significantly picks up I think another cut in pay is coming

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
How much has Mars spent, and does Kyle have a performance clause? You probably don't know, right? Soooooo......where is this coming from?

Takes attention away from those Peanut Blossom cookies, the ones with the Hershey Kisses in the middle.
I understand now. Thank you. LOL

The first Toyota win! Damn. Best scheme ever!

1640036398958.png

Oh yeah, he is screwed. He has never been able to attract and keep sponsors. You know, he just saps money from people, probably launders it, and then stuffs if back into his own pockets. KFB will be released by Memorial Day, and never find another ride because he is the biggest prick in the history of the sport. All sponsors will recognize JGR for the fraud that it is, pull their dollars, and JGR will cease operations by the end of the season. Then, Coach will burn in the flames of hell after his eventual passing. You got anything else, or have we already covered your bull****?
Not really called for IMO

It's business seeing that there isn't an upside to being a part of NASCAR racing. All I'm saying is, there's no positive spin to add to this.
Yes there is. Driver money has been going down recently and Kyle's is the largest. This move is just a party of regular business and the cost of Kyle is being adjusted. We don't know but they could appear in the near future somewhere in Nascar.
Next adjustment will be Denny as he is the second highest paid in Nascar.

Lots of NBA/NHL arena sponsors are changing the past year or two. Crypto.com Arena in LA, FTX Arena in Miami, Footprint Center in Phoenix, Ball Arena in Denver

It sucks but it is what it is.

Looks like there are more brands leaving tied into M&M less KDB. Maybe they will have more of a problem finding KDB sponsorship in the lower series.

1640191435190.png
1640191464512.png

Want to bet Mars will spend it on some douchebag influencer on social media instead?
You mean as opposed to some douchebag in a race car? If they do, it's because they perceive that as the best way to reach their target market. If motorsports is no longer a good way to do that, that's NASCAR's fault, not M&Ms.

I'm always surprised at the criticism of a long-time sponsor for leaving. Why not bitch about those companies that have never spent a dime on motorsports? Nobody criticizes those companies that fund a single race. Would people prefer M&Ms had never been involved at all?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom