NASCAR Sponsorship News Thread

The illiterate people running Nascar have no idea that CBD oil is made from Hemp unless of course you want a little high to go with it. If that is the case just have some of that Miller pissssss to go with it.

The problem has to do with government regulations. It’s weird but apparently the FDA hasn’t approved any of these products so advertising them is highly risky. Because an FDA ban could mean immediate sponsorship loss

The problem has to do with government regulations. It’s weird but apparently the FDA hasn’t approved any of these products so advertising them is highly risky. Because an FDA ban could mean immediate sponsorship loss
Hemp oil is not illegal anywhere that I know of and why would the FDA even bother?

Hemp oil is not illegal anywhere that I know of and why would the FDA even bother?

CBD has only been legal in Indiana for a very short time. I can't speak for any other states. I will also second the fact that it is not really regulated, and it wouldn't shock me if at some point the feds tighten things up a little. Look at the walls that have come tumbling down on the vaping industry.

The metal logo looks good:

I notice it's rectangular, not oval like it's been since Nextel came on board. I wonder if the Truck and X logos will change shape too.

Yeah, I know, that's anal. Sorry, it's just the way my mind works.

I notice it's rectangular, not oval like it's been since Nextel came on board. I wonder if the Truck and X logos will change shape too.

Yeah, I know, that's anal. Sorry, it's just the way my mind works.

The logos have been square for a while now.

CBD has only been legal in Indiana for a very short time. I can't speak for any other states. I will also second the fact that it is not really regulated, and it wouldn't shock me if at some point the feds tighten things up a little. Look at the walls that have come tumbling down on the vaping industry.

It's legal here in North Carolina, but the Republican supermajority in Raleigh wants to ban CBD and smokable hemp, and the police unions want CBD banned.

Keep in mind, this is where NASCAR is located too.

North Carolina is so backwards that it makes Alabama and Mississippi look good.

Marijuana will be legal on the federal level and in 49 states by 2025.

Vaping is the consumption through breathing garbage into your lungs and like cigarettes they contain drugs to make you dependent.
CBD from hemp has no THC, it is useless to anyone wanting a high and yet it CAN BE a help for those with arthritis as well as some who are stressed out.
Think of a martini with no alcohol or a screw driver where the orange juice is beneficial.

Vaping is the consumption through breathing garbage into your lungs and like cigarettes they contain drugs to make you dependent.
CBD from hemp has no THC, it is useless to anyone wanting a high and yet it CAN BE a help for those with arthritis as well as some who are stressed out.
Think of a martini with no alcohol or a screw driver where the orange juice is beneficial.

To be fair, it does have a minuscule 0.2% THC in some of the HempWorx stuff, but your post is on the money.

I think less than 0.3% THC is allowed. You could be right there in the fact that some CBD might not have any at all.
I was under the impression that marijuana (cannabis) was the only plant that contained THC.

I'm not talking about THC or the lack thereof, I'm talking about the fact that six months ago everybody thought vaping was fine and dandy, and now a whole bunch of unforeseen problems have cropped up. The CBD oil "industry" is kind flying by the seat of its pants right now. I don't think ANYBODY knows what potential pitfalls may lurk out there.

I'm not talking about THC or the lack thereof, I'm talking about the fact that six months ago everybody thought vaping was fine and dandy, and now a whole bunch of unforeseen problems have cropped up. The CBD oil "industry" is kind flying by the seat of its pants right now. I don't think ANYBODY knows what potential pitfalls may lurk out there.
I can't deny that . I have no real proof and yet it has been in use for over 25 yrs and many people are getting some form of relief. Only the drug companies are against it and that is changing in countries where some drugs are now legal.

I can't deny that . I have no real proof and yet it has been in use for over 25 yrs and many people are getting some form of relief. Only the drug companies are against it and that is changing in countries where some drugs are now legal.

It's mostly a which hunt, the vast majority of deaths are caused by vaping THC, probably marijuana and not E liquid. I'm sure in the U.S. they had to condem it first so they can tax the fool out of it.

It's mostly a which hunt, the vast majority of deaths are caused by vaping THC, probably marijuana and not E liquid. I'm sure in the U.S. they had to condem it first so they can tax the fool out of it.

Which in turn raises questions about marijuana. I'm sure that legal pot use will end up being one more national health crisis that as a non-using taxpayer I will probably end up paying for.

Which in turn raises questions about marijuana. I'm sure that legal pot use will end up being one more national health crisis that as a non-using taxpayer I will probably end up paying for.
You and I are already paying for marijuana use. If the health care costs are less than what we're paying to enforce the current anti-pot laws and process the convicted, I see legalization as a win. At least legal pot can be taxed to offset the health care costs.

You and I are already paying for marijuana use. If the health care costs are less than what we're paying to enforce the current anti-pot laws and process the convicted, I see legalization as a win. At least legal pot can be taxed to offset the health care costs.

I'm just not a subscriber to the "we can't control it, so lets legalize it line of thinking." The road to hell (metaphorically) is built on the path of least resistance.

I'm just not a subscriber to the "we can't control it, so lets legalize it line of thinking." The road to hell (metaphorically) is built on the path of least resistance.
Why do we need to control it? More specifically, why treat it different legally from alcohol or tobacco? I don't use any of them but don't understand the double standards.

Well, tobacco and alcohol have taken a terrible toll on our society. We probably can't turn back time on those two, (although they are trying pretty hard with tobacco), but why do we want to sanction yet another vice that has the potential to do so much damage in our society? When you make something legal, as a society you are not just saying that it is no longer illegal, you are giving it a degree of legitimacy and basically saying it is alright. I'm not willing to concede those points. Quite honestly, I'm just sick and tired of people that can't seem to make it through life without being in some kind of "altered" state. That's why I haven't gotten drunk in 20 years. The reality finally set in that is was stupid, pointless, expensive, a waste of time, and potentially dangerous to myself and others. When you have a mother of five children under twelve tell you that the only way she can deal with her children is burn a few joints when she gets home from work every day, you really start to question where all of this is heading. We have created a whole society that cannot deal with everyday life, so they take the edge off with some intoxicating substance. I don't want to give the indication that legally or otherwise that that is something we want to promote or facilitate.

Well, tobacco and alcohol have taken a terrible toll on our society. We probably can't turn back time on those two, (although they are trying pretty hard with tobacco), but why do we want to sanction yet another vice that has the potential to do so much damage in our society? When you make something legal, as a society you are not just saying that it is no longer illegal, you are giving it a degree of legitimacy and basically saying it is alright. I'm not willing to concede those points. Quite honestly, I'm just sick and tired of people that can't seem to make it through life without being in some kind of "altered" state. That's why I haven't gotten drunk in 20 years. The reality finally set in that is was stupid, pointless, expensive, a waste of time, and potentially dangerous to myself and others. When you have a mother of five children under twelve tell you that the only way she can deal with her children is burn a few joints when she gets home from work every day, you really start to question where all of this is heading. We have created a whole society that cannot deal with everyday life, so they take the edge off with some intoxicating substance. I don't want to give the indication that legally or otherwise that that is something we want to promote or facilitate.
Here is one for you to dwell on. Two brothers, one was an alcoholic, drank everyday and drunk every weekend died at the age of 72. His brother 1 year younger never smoked or drank died 3 months later.
People over eat and die because of it all the time. What's the answer, rations?

Here is one for you to dwell on. Two brothers, one was an alcoholic, drank everyday and drunk every weekend died at the age of 72. His brother 1 year younger never smoked or drank died 3 months later.
People over eat and die because of it all the time. What's the answer, rations?

There are no absolutes in this world. I know of people that ate red meat cooked in lard every day of their life and lived to be 95. I knew a guy that ran marathons, yet dropped over dead at 45 when his heart blew up. I know wanting to keep pot illegal is a VERY unpopular position to take, because it seems to be so damn important to so many people, but I think legalization sends exactly the wrong message. Also remember that almost nothing that ever happens is the end of the story, just the beginning. It won't be long before advocates of the next drug of choice will be pushing for legalization. I'm surprised there isn't already a pro-meth lobby.

Your earlier post objected to legalization due to taxpayers funding the potential medical costs of abuse treatment. That's what I was responding to. I agree with most of your position here but it has little to do with the relative costs to taxpayers of treatment vs. enforcement.

Disclaimer: I have no personal use for mind-altering substances. For the most part I'm playing Devil's Advocate here.

There are no absolutes in this world. I know of people that ate red meat cooked in lard every day of their life and lived to be 95. I knew a guy that ran marathons, yet dropped over dead at 45 when his heart blew up. I know wanting to keep pot illegal is a VERY unpopular position to take, because it seems to be so damn important to so many people, but I think legalization sends exactly the wrong message. Also remember that almost nothing that ever happens is the end of the story, just the beginning. It won't be long before advocates of the next drug of choice will be pushing for legalization. I'm surprised there isn't already a pro-meth lobby.
People will use what ever they want legal or not. I can't see filling up prisons,
hiring more dug chasers, clogging up the courts and many other draw backs for society to support is going to help things. 14,000 people died in Canada
from drugs. You can't cure stupid. Quit taking the high road and just build more crematoriums.

People will use what ever they want legal or not. I can't see filling up prisons,
hiring more dug chasers, clogging up the courts and many other draw backs for society to support is going to help things. 14,000 people died in Canada
from drugs. You can't cure stupid. Quit taking the high road and just build more crematoriums.

If they only wrecked their own lives I would agree 100%. Unfortunately it doesn't usually work out that way. My concern is that legalizing it will expand its use exponentially, and whatever issues we have now will only be multiplied. I think you will also find that the legalization of pot hasn't done much to put a dent in the trade of illegal drugs, or even unregulated pot for that matter.

If they only wrecked their own lives I would agree 100%. Unfortunately it doesn't usually work out that way. My concern is that legalizing it will expand its use exponentially, and whatever issues we have now will only be multiplied. I think you will also find that the legalization of pot hasn't done much to put a dent in the trade of illegal drugs, or even unregulated pot for that matter.

That is because governments are running the show and busy filling their own coffers.
Once the business is in the hands of the general public things will definitely change. Competition will drive down the inflated prices and the illegals will move on to more lucrative methods .
BTW losing someone to an overdose is a lot easier than watching them destroy themselves and others over many years.

... I think you will also find that the legalization of pot hasn't done much to put a dent in the trade of illegal drugs, or even unregulated pot for that matter.
The legalization of alcohol certainly brought an eventual halt to bootleg booze and the accompanying criminal activities.

The legalization of alcohol certainly brought an eventual halt to bootleg booze and the accompanying criminal activities.

Not totally. And besides, it's easier to sell black market weed on the street corner than it is to operate a still.

Back
Top Bottom