NASCAR Sponsorship News Thread

You mean the guy that has gone deep in playoffs twice in two attempts, had four second place finishes last year, has only five DNFs in 72 races and has actually WON a race? I can't imagine why you'd want to keep a guy like that around............

Call it a hunch but I just think this batch of rookies has more talent and could force him out of that ride at some point.

They might indeed have more talent, but what difference does it make if they are working for somebody else?

Byron will still be there in '27. Bowman... I don't think so.
I think Bowman will be there for many years. He will be a top contender when the new car arrives based on his ability to adjust to anything CC's wanted to try in testing. If they let him go, I hope WB goes to 2 cars.

I think Bowman will be there for many years. He will be a top contender when the new car arrives based on his ability to adjust to anything CC's wanted to try in testing. If they let him go, I hope WB goes to 2 cars.

The guy can adjust to any situation, I'll give him that.

Which means you probably won't get cell service at all at the track if you aren't on Verizon.

From my experience, that wouldn't be anything new. When I was at tracks weekly in the early 2000's, Verizon was usually the ONLY one that worked worth a damn.

Kinda pleasant but less entertaining without the circling the drain deathbedders shtick whenever a sponsor decides to move on for whatever reason.

Tonite I saw an edition of Race Hub. It showcased woman in the racing business whether
they are part of a race team or a marketing exec with a sponsor. The later is what rubbed me raw a bit.
I don't know why , but it made me realize how little I care about an execs comings and goings with their duties
of the sponsor. As a hardcore race fan for over 5 decades, put the sponsor on the car , hats , patches ,
and semi's, but I need as little of sponsor exec interaction and interviews as possible.

Tonite I saw an edition of Race Hub. It showcased woman in the racing business whether
they are part of a race team or a marketing exec with a sponsor. The later is what rubbed me raw a bit.
I don't know why , but it made me realize how little I care about an execs comings and goings with their duties
of the sponsor. As a hardcore race fan for over 5 decades, put the sponsor on the car , hats , patches ,
and semi's, but I need as little of sponsor exec interaction and interviews as possible.
Interesting. I saw the same piece. When she talked about Austin Dillon embodying Dow's respect for the environment, I had to acknowledge that female execs can indeed lie every bit as well as their male counterparts. But when you're signing the checks, you can say what you want.

Interesting. I saw the same piece. When she talked about Austin Dillon embodying Dow's respect for the environment, I had to acknowledge that female execs can indeed lie every bit as well as their male counterparts. But when you're signing the checks, you can say what you want.
I understand that, its just from most fans point of view, they don't care . No disrespect to sponsors and what
they mean to the sport, its just I don't need to know the behind the scenes of their concerns.

I understand that, its just from most fans point of view, they don't care . No disrespect to sponsors and what
they mean to the sport, its just I don't need to know the behind the scenes of their concerns.
That one five-minute segment seems to have really affected you. It's not as if sponsor exec segments are a common part of weekly NASCAR coverage.

You'll want to avoid IMSA broadcasts; they usually give time to two or more manufacturers' marketing directors during each race.

ya could have switched channels. Couple of good segments I thought were that Nascar has 50% women fans, the highest, and that Nascar fans are the most sponsor brand loyal. Something that is vitally important for a sport that doesn't get much government welfare.

My gramma had a TV.

Use of the channel changer required a trip over to the big mahogany box.

How do you know most fans don't care?
In my small minute corner of the universe that consists of 55 years of going to around 400 races
I have never once had a in depth discussion of a sponsor with a fan other than ,ie" he is in the skittles car
and not the snickers car this week". Ok , well I admit, we drank a lot of Coors beer at the race during the
Bill Elliott days.

Again , let me re-emphasize, I am not blasting the sponsors business at all. Just the reporting
of the marketing arm of a sponsor on a race show is uninteresting imho.

In my small minute corner of the universe that consists of 55 years of going to around 400 races
I have never once had a in depth discussion of a sponsor with a fan other than ,ie" he is in the skittles car
and not the snickers car this week". Ok , well I admit, we drank a lot of Coors beer at the race during the
Bill Elliott days.

Again , let me re-emphasize, I am not blasting the sponsors business at all. Just the reporting
of the marketing arm of a sponsor on a race show is uninteresting imho.

I for one am VERY interested in this stuff. The business of racing has always been a big part of my fandom.

That one five-minute segment seems to have really affected you. It's not as if sponsor exec segments are a common part of weekly NASCAR coverage.

You'll want to avoid IMSA broadcasts; they usually give time to two or more manufacturers' marketing directors during each race.

True, and it's because the manufacturers keep that whole boat afloat and pay quite substantial sums to be involved. You have to be one of IMSA's partners to get your car on the track.

True, and it's because the manufacturers keep that whole boat afloat and pay quite substantial sums to be involved. You have to be one of IMSA's partners to get your car on the track.
I don't have a problem with the 'VPs of Racing Development' segments myself. Almost all of them talk about engineering and development, and it's obvious their interest in racing goes beyond their job assignment. At least, that's true for what I've seen of them in IMSA and IndyCar broadcasts.

I'm not saying I have a problem with it, just stating why you see that so much over there.

I'm not saying I have a problem with it, just stating why you see that so much over there.
You and I don't, but @Hotrod might. I brought it up as a possible 'trauma trigger' :p

As far as race interruptions go, they beat Hell out of anything Rutledge is forced to cover, or the Nationwide Dale Jr updates.

You and I don't, but @Hotrod might. I brought it up as a possible 'trauma trigger' :p

As far as race interruptions go, they beat Hell out of anything Rutledge is forced to cover, or the Nationwide Dale Jr updates.

The Nationwide Jr. updates were totally cringe worthy. As a fan of the 88 team, I felt embarrassed by them. For some reason, they bothered me so much more than the Coke Family of Drivers updates or Ford or Toyota updates. I can't exactly tell you why, but I always wanted to leave the room (or fast forward the DVR) when the Nationwide updates came on.

The Nationwide Jr. updates were totally cringe worthy. As a fan of the 88 team, I felt embarrassed by them. For some reason, they bothered me so much more than the Coke Family of Drivers updates or Ford or Toyota updates. I can't exactly tell you why, but I always wanted to leave the room (or fast forward the DVR) when the Nationwide updates came on.
They were nothing but in-car shots of Jr. bouncing around. Except for sunny or cloudy, they could have been the same shots every week.

Will sponsors still dole out $ for the teams, given the economic climate? Smithfield is in a tough way, with some plants closed down and not generating any revenue...
Time will tell I guess...

I think some sponsors will have to cut their $$ simply because there is no sense
advertising a product that is not in supply. If teams fight these contracts to hard they will deter others from sponsoring in Nascar. House of cards.

Back
Top Bottom