NASCAR Sponsorship News Thread

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Here I was thinking it was just trying to be humorous but completely failing.
So your reply is everyone who buys in are idiots instead of them actually doing a comparison price check. Gotcha

So your reply is everyone who buys in are idiots instead of them actually doing a comparison price check. Gotcha
No, my reply is what I said earlier, that the ads make it appear their customers are idiots, and why would I do business with a company that caters to them? I'm not passing judgment on their real customers, just the portrayals and the notion I should listen to them.

I get that the ads are supposed to be humorous. I think they fail. Tell me, do YOU think they're funny? Do they make you want to ask them for a quote? Do they cause you to at least have a favorable opinion of Progressive?

Last edited:
No, my reply is what I said earlier, that the ads make it appear their customers are idiots, and why would I do business with a company that caters to them? I'm not passing judgment on their real customers, just the portrayals and the notion I should listen to them.

I get that the ads are supposed to be humorous. I think they fail. Tell me, do YOU think they're funny? Do they make you want to ask them for a quote? Do they cause you to at least have a favorable opinion of Progressive?
What difference does it make if I think its funny, many people do. I dont think the ads make it appear their customers are idiots, I think they have a sense of humor and it might draw them into checking out prices which it clearly does. Successful multi billion dollar company. It really doesnt matter what you or I "think". Your mileage may vary. Just sayin

And Twitter and Facebook are hellscapes with certain people crying censorship

To all the adult toddlers throwing a temper tantrum, this isn't censorship as censorship means government silencing you.

Last time I checked NASCAR is NOT the government and can allow whatever sponsors on the cars they want or veto them for any reason they see fit. The First Amendment literally doesn't apply here

This makes it look even worse on Brown, NASCAR TOLD them that anything relating to the issue will not be approved onto the car:

They knew it was going to be denied and the team still went through with the deal.
Serious question was it actually approved by the person who wasn't authorized to approve it? Then that person is just as much to blame as the race team.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Serious question was it actually approved by the person who wasn't authorized to approve it? Then that person is just as much to blame as the race team.

NASCAR told them back in November about it. There was a tweet from someone affiliated with the crypto that had the e-mails that still had the darn NASCAR representatives e-mail as well.

The top rung of executives at the end of the day have the final say. The team was warned last year to not take on a deal and they were informed back in November not to do something like this.

...and in other sponsorship news....

If my math is correct, MY Toyota invests more in this sport than Ford and Chevy combined. Should we start a manufacturer based "Does....even care anymore?"

NASCAR told them back in November about it. There was a tweet from someone affiliated with the crypto that had the e-mails that still had the darn NASCAR representatives e-mail as well.

The top rung of executives at the end of the day have the final say. The team was warned last year to not take on a deal and they were informed back in November not to do something like this.

Brown has been playing games with all of this from the beginning. Back to where he started. Go back to work.

...and in other sponsorship news....

If my math is correct, MY Toyota invests more in this sport than Ford and Chevy combined. Should we start a manufacturer based "Does....even care anymore?"
Coming from the same person that claims Toyota doesn't out dollar everyone else lol

What difference does it make if I think its funny, many people do. I dont think the ads make it appear their customers are idiots, I think they have a sense of humor and it might draw them into checking out prices which it clearly does. Successful multi billion dollar company. It really doesnt matter what you or I "think". Your mileage may vary. Just sayin

Agreed, not funny at all. The progressive ones are though, haha turning into your parents gets me every time “Paper tickets. We’re off to a terrible start”

Having the email definitely makes this one kind of spicy. I 100% understand NASCAR's position, but sounds like Brown's team may have them over a barrel. Sponsorship is one of my biggest beefs against NASCAR. They hoard sponsors and lock them into "the official X of NASCAR!" deals and that keeps a potential sponsorship from a team. I was so frustrated back in the early 2000s when Jeff Burton was at Roush and couldn't get a sponsor (supposedly had Diageo sponsorship which was Guiness and other liquors but NASCAR nixed it, only to allow liquor sponsors a year or two later), but NASCAR was scooping up the "Official X of" deals left and right.

Well, NASCAR obviously has the right to not approve certain sponsorships and considering some past statements by executives this doesn't come as a surprise.
However I'm not quite sure what NASCAR is trying to accomplish here. There have been several political sponsors in the past, including in 2020 and 2021 and it wasn't considered much of a problem.

Having the email definitely makes this one kind of spicy. I 100% understand NASCAR's position, but sounds like Brown's team may have them over a barrel. Sponsorship is one of my biggest beefs against NASCAR. They hoard sponsors and lock them into "the official X of NASCAR!" deals and that keeps a potential sponsorship from a team. I was so frustrated back in the early 2000s when Jeff Burton was at Roush and couldn't get a sponsor (supposedly had Diageo sponsorship which was Guiness and other liquors but NASCAR nixed it, only to allow liquor sponsors a year or two later), but NASCAR was scooping up the "Official X of" deals left and right.
BMS sent the e-mail to the wrong person, he approves paint schemes.

Also, why leave the rep's information in the pictures? It's almost like this dude wants him to get doxxed. I would have definitely told them no by then.

Also, leadership has changed a bit. I don't think the current sponsorship model is intrusive considering now they want brands to compete against one another. You might have an "official brand", however you can still have similar brands that sell something along the lines.

It all depends on the company and how far they want to press with sponsorship. Sticking with a car or just an official brand, plenty of options to choose.

Coming from the same person that claims Toyota doesn't out dollar everyone else lol

A little different....That BS is about Toyota outspending everybody on the track. This is about the company's investment in the sport, and the value it sees in being a participant. Sorry to disrupt the narrative....carry on.

A little different....That BS is about Toyota outspending everybody on the track. This is about the company's investment in the sport, and the value it sees in being a participant. Sorry to disrupt the narrative....carry on.
It's your story tell it however you want

It's your story tell it however you want

Chevy's commitment is interesting. Apparently, they don't see value in the promoting their products in the sport. Pretty entitled if you ask me....the sport has given them much....including that shiny new Camaro when everybody else had to run their old stuff. Should be grateful IMO.

Chevy's commitment is interesting. Apparently, they don't see value in the promoting their products in the sport. Pretty entitled if you ask me....the sport has given them much....including that shiny new Camaro when everybody else had to run their old stuff. Should be grateful IMO.

So NASCAR told Chevy they could change their car, but also told Ford and Toyota they weren't allowed, huh? Got a link to your source?

Next time you get a chance, look at any entry list and count the Chevy's and the rice burners. What was the Champ driving? Toyota is still trying to break it's tie with Hudson, they need to spend money hyping their commuter boxes.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
There have been several political sponsors in the past, including in 2020 and 2021 and it wasn't considered much of a problem.
I still doubt politics is at the heart of NASCAR's disapproval. I suspect the name being widely understood to be a substitute for a vulgarity has more to do with it.

I don't think the questionable business model is part of it, or not much. I recall that rip-off after-market auto warranty outfit Rusty Wallace was affiliated with. NASCAR didn't blink at that.

Next time you get a chance, look at any entry list and count the Chevy's and the rice burners. What was the Champ driving? Toyota is still trying to break it's tie with Hudson, they need to spend money hyping their commuter boxes.

Chevrolet invests in many forms of racing. NASCAR, Indycar, IMSA, NHRA, etc. Chevrolet builds actual performance cars that are truly affordable. Look at the Corvette's long list of accomplishments and the 1LE Camaro for example. Cars built for enthusiasts.

Toyota has....a BMW. But but but they spend a lot of money on advertising with their commercials of a girl driving to a job interview with her buddies cheering from the parking garage! Clearly their commitment to racing is unmatched! :wacko:

And Twitter and Facebook are hellscapes with certain people crying censorship
When the Internet Fairy comes to my house, I'm going to wish each time someone uses the word 'censorship' incorrectly, they lose a finger. Or they have to attend a Civics And Government class. Or both.

Whassa 'HODLer'?

Chevrolet invests in many forms of racing. NASCAR, Indycar, IMSA, NHRA, etc. Chevrolet builds actual performance cars that are truly affordable. Look at the Corvette's long list of accomplishments and the 1LE Camaro for example. Cars built for enthusiasts.

Toyota has....a BMW. But but but they spend a lot of money on advertising with their commercials of a girl driving to a job interview with her buddies cheering from the parking garage! Clearly their commitment to racing is unmatched! :wacko:
?

The Supra is an enthusiast car, the only downside of it is honestly the automatic being the only option currently. Stiff competition with the likes of a Cayman, Mustang, and Camaro. However, its an introduction to Toyota getting back into that league.

The GR86 for its price, next to the ND Miata, for the price are some of the most affordable, entry-level RWD cars on the market..

God forbid if they drop this GR Carolla with the same drivetrain as the GR Yaris... That would sell like crazy over here in the US.

?

The Supra is an enthusiast car, the only downside of it is honestly the automatic being the only option currently. Stiff competition with the likes of a Cayman, Mustang, and Camaro. However, its an introduction to Toyota getting back into that league.

The GR86 for its price, next to the ND Miata, for the price are some of the most affordable, entry-level RWD cars on the market..

God forbid if they drop this GR Carolla with the same drivetrain as the GR Yaris... That would sell like crazy over here in the US.

The Supra is a BMW. Toyota's flagship enthusiast car isn't even a real Toyota.

Does Toyota produce a couple of fun cars? Maybe. But comparing Toyota's performance lineup to Chevrolet's performance lineup is laughable, and suggesting Toyota is more committed to racing because they spend more on advertising is asinine.

@Revman talks about "disrupting the narrative" a lot. How ironic.

Max Marcucci ...

1641405522664.jpeg

A crisis management firm that boasts it can 'fix the impossible' has been hired by the board of a collapsed Miami condo building as questions mount over the disaster and its death toll hit 16.

Levick, which is based in Washington DC, has been appointed to handle the flurry of media requests sent to the Champlain Towers South Condo Association over last Thursday's collapse. The firm's vice president Maxwell Marucci has been assigned to deal with the disaster.

I still doubt politics is at the heart of NASCAR's disapproval. I suspect the name being widely understood to be a substitute for a vulgarity has more to do with it.

I don't think the questionable business model is part of it, or not much. I recall that rip-off after-market auto warranty outfit Rusty Wallace was affiliated with. NASCAR didn't blink at that.
That could be a possibility as well. I never really thought of that tbh. Over here, swear words are usually not bleeped on TV and interviewers don't apologize when someone uses one.
I guess our discourse isn't so civilized.

Back
Top Bottom