NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

HoopsMcCann

Jackman
New Member!
Add me to the list of "I wouldn't either." It isn't a slam on Nascar but more an indictment of the carriers of the programming. I don't watch any network entertainment programming but I do watch college and pro sports especially NCAAF and NFL depending on the matchups available. I stream most of the stuff I watch.

Charlie Spencer

Short tracks and road courses.
You wouldn’t believe what I pay for cable.
Probably not. We don't have any use for 'premium' channels - movie channels, sports packages, PPV, etc. We're have basic with a second tier. That gets us all we're interested in. And we're willing to pay to get a system my Darling Bride and visiting parents find easy to use.

Ernie_Irvan#4

Tire changer

Ernie_Irvan#4

Tire changer
I like seeing us beating the NBA in the same time slot. Looks like we're #2 on the weekend, I think it was PGA first major on CBS. So, I'm not surprise that it is lower than last year with more sports on.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Out of home viewership will be fully integrated into national TV ratings beginning with 8/31 programming:

Ernie_Irvan#4

Tire changer
Guess they don’t want to compare it to the 2018 race that didn’t get delayed? That race had 4.4M viewers.

Also, where did Stern get 3.9M? Showbuzz reports 3.6M.

The NBC broadcast started at 7:00. Showbuzz on their post is showing numbers that started at 8:00. Still, NASCAR is going to be #1 over the weekend in sports against tough competition ( NBA & NHL playoffs ). 2018 summer race didn't have other sports to compete with. 2020 is a different beast, we've never seen this many sports on at the same time during the Summer.

Charlie Spencer

Short tracks and road courses.
The NBC broadcast started at 7:00. Showbuzz on their post is showing numbers that started at 8:00. Still, NASCAR is going to be #1 over the weekend in sports against tough competition ( NBA & NHL playoffs ). 2018 summer race didn't have other sports to compete with. 2020 is a different beast, we've never seen this many sports on at the same time during the Summer.
One advantage motor racing has this summer is races are pretty much going on according to their revised schedules. When you turn the tube on, you're going to get a race broadcast at the scheduled time. Yeah, it maybe weather delayed but they're trying to run it. Baseball keeps cancelling games due to player infection, and the NBA players are demonstrating with minimal to no notice. (That's not a comment on the validity of their actions, only on the effects on TV viewing.)

Top Bottom