Nascar Trivia

OK, here we go.....

He made his Cup debut at Charlotte and finished 22nd. This is not reflective of his talent. What's this man's name?

Dale Earnhardt Sr., 1975.
It was the #8 Dodge Charger. Earnhardt completed 355 laps of the 400 lap race, finishing 22nd. It was his only NASCAR start in 1975.

You guys forgot his sponsor, 10,000 RPM Speed Equipment. lol. and how much he earned that race, $1,925.

Jimmy Spencer, Kevin Harvick, Greg Biffle, and Carl Edwards

Smoke1TS20, you're right, but you're wrong.
Biffle, 8 Cup wins, 17 Busch, 16 Truck
Edwards, 2 Cup, 3 Busch, 6 Truck
Harvick, 5 Cup, 15 Busch, 2 Truck

Spencer has 2 Cup wins, 12 Busch, but only 1 Truck win.

I'll give it to you, anyway.
Your turn, Smoke1TS20.

Yep muggle not, you got it right.

Tony Stewart has lead 1,063 laps.
Greg Biffle is second with 1,012 laps lead.
No other driver has lead more than 500 laps.

Your turn muggle not.

There is only one track that has hosted both the season opener AND the season final in the same season. Name the track.

Riverside? lol just to take a wild guess

I know before Daytona went to the 1st race of the year it was Riverside.

Lap3Forever said:
Riverside? lol just to take a wild guess

I know before Daytona went to the 1st race of the year it was Riverside.
You are correct and it is your go.

In 1981 Riverside both opened and was the final race of the season.
An interesting side note. Bobby Allison won both races. :)

muggle not said:
You are correct and it is your go.

In 1981 Riverside both opened and was the final race of the season.
An interesting side note. Bobby Allison won both races. :)

DW had the poll in both also right?

This MANUFACTUER has went the longest in cup history since its last win. Name the Make, Track, and Driver.

I was talking about modern era (after '71), but I forgot to say that.
Modern era: Petty 13 wins, 1975 Gordon 13 wins, 1998.

You are correct, though. Your turn.

A Jaguar won a race at Linden, NJ (airport track) in 1954 and was driven by Al Keller.

What is the greatest number of races that were on the Nascar schedule and in what year were they held.

Sorry, haven't been around the computer much the last few days.
Let someone else go if they've got a good question.

This question may be tough and has some "story" to it:

When the 1960 season dawned, there was only one color on the Petty cars. The "electric" Petty Blue. It became their trademark and in fact was patented by a paint company as Petty Blue.

Question...how did this most famous car color in Nascar come to be.

They didn't have enough paint on hand of one color to paint an entire car, so they mixed blue and white together. It was in late 1959.

BobbyFord said:
They didn't have enough paint on hand of one color to paint an entire car, so they mixed blue and white together. It was in late 1959.
Correct and it is your go. as the story goes:

When asked directly about the "Petty Blue" color, Richard related, years later, that indeed, it had been a fluke. Late in the 1959 season, after having to rebuild one of the '59 Plymouth Fury's, Maurice told Richard that they didn't have enough white paint for the painting of the entire car. Being brought up to waste nothing, Richard found some dark blue paint, but not in a sufficient amount to paint the whole car. Richard said they he looked at Maurice, and Maurice looked at him, and they just dumped the two paints into one tub, then proceeded to paint the Plymouth in the color that came out. When they got done, they were impressed themselves with the hue. Lee came back from an out of town race, and marveled at how that color set the car off. Almost electric is what he said. Of course, Richard and Maurice had to scramble to remember the right mix. Once they did, the formula became their secret, even to the point of being patented by a paint company as Petty Blue.

Back
Top Bottom