Nascar Trivia

My buddy knew the answer, he's a Mopar nut. He's got a Daytona Charger and a Plymouth Superbird.
Go ahead and go again, muggle not.

Ok, another Richard Petty question. In 1967 Richard won the race at Nashville by 5 laps over the 2nd place car. Name the other accomplishment in the race that is almost unbelievable.

Neither guess are what I had in mind....continue with the guesses. :)

He crashed, limped to the pits and while waiting for repairs to the car, dropped 10 laps down, after the crew fixed the car, he went on to eventually win by 5 laps.

muggle not said:
Ok, another Richard Petty question. In 1967 Richard won the race at Nashville by 5 laps over the 2nd place car. Name the other accomplishment in the race that is almost unbelievable.
The answer is that the "King" was 7 laps down at one point and came back and won the race by 5 laps.

Someone, anyone, ....post the next question.:)

Well, being as how no one seems to have a question, how's this one?

What was the largest number of cars to start a NASCAR sanctioned event? The event, year and winner?

boB said:
Well, being as how no one seems to have a question, how's this one?

What was the largest number of cars to start a NASCAR sanctioned event? The event, year and winner?
Lets get the Trivia rolling again. We can't let it die.
bob, how about a little hint on your question.

Daytona Beach Road Course, 1953 featuring 136 cars - Bill Blair won...is that it?

Yep! The modified race on the beach in 1953 started 136 cars. My info shows Cotton Owens as the winner though.

I figured that this would have been a fairly easy question to look up, but....

Guess you're up next, esorlxaw.

How many members of the Flock family raced in NASCAR sanctioned events...how many races did they combine to win?

Four, 3 brothers and one sister. I believe they won a combined 61 races.

muggle not said:
he doesn't count. :)
is it my go?

Whadda ya mean, "He doesn't count."?

Hope the ghost of Jocko haunts ya for the rest of your days. Bites your toes in your sleep an everything.

"He doesn't count."

Geez, the nerve of some folks!

Moving on :)

Name the race and the lap number that Dale Sr. "last" led during his career.

boB said:
Whadda ya mean, "He doesn't count."?

Hope the ghost of Jocko haunts ya for the rest of your days. Bites your toes in your sleep an everything.

"He doesn't count."

Geez, the nerve of some folks!

:D He didn't drive :D

:beerbang: :D :beerbang:

Attachments

• gorillababe.jpg
    gorillababe.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 222
muggle not said:
Moving on :)

Name the race and the lap number that Dale Sr. "last" led during his career.
someone got the Trivia off track. :) Now, back to the question.

muggle not said:
well then..guess I got to say 55 or 57...oh wait...I only get 1 guess.... um, er,
57..no 55...yes 55 it is..yes that's my final answer

dsdjtlts said:
well then..guess I got to say 55 or 57...oh wait...I only get 1 guess.... um, er,
57..no 55...yes 55 it is..yes that's my final answer
close , but not that close. :)

When the 2001 Daytona 500 race restarted on lap 180, Dale Earnhardt Jr. was leading. Sterling Marlin took the lead on lap 182 and then Earnhardt Sr. jumped into the lead and led lap 183 -- the last lap he would lead in his storied career.

Ok, how about someone posting a question and we will keep the Trivia going.

OK - Here's one

Only 1 driver has ever won a race on his birthday. This guy did it twice...once at North Wilksborough and once at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Who is he????

nascarwoman said:
OK - Here's one

Only 1 driver has ever won a race on his birthday. This guy did it twice...once at North Wilksborough and once at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Who is he????
My B-Day is on July 2nd, the same as Richard petty. So I will take a guess and say it was the King. :)

I'm gonna go with Dale Earnhardt Sr. since his birthday and my daughter's are the same, and though I didn't check it, that date sound like it could fit in the answer.

Back
Top Bottom