Nascar Trivia

Hmmm, maybe you are talking about Slugger Labbe? Now his first name is Richard, but his middle name is Robert. ????

No one even going to guess???

Okay, here is a hint.

It was a race driver more famous for his "other" profession.

Ok, I'm breaking all the rules and asking a question that doesn't have anything to do with racing. If it's not ok, let me know Muggle Not and I'll delete it and someone else can ask a question.

What was the President's (the President of the USofA)name in 1978?

Okay. You old timers will get this one for sure, but it's still a good question.

In Richard Petty's very first Grand National/Winston Cup start July 18, 1958, he was knocked out of the race by the eventual winner. Who did it?

I know the answer to this one, but since I posted the last question, I'll pass on it. BTW, George III used to race his modified car down this way and I believe now he is racing in the Hooter's Pro Cup.

buckaroo said:
I know the answer to this one, but since I posted the last question, I'll pass on it. BTW, George III used to race his modified car down this way and I believe now he is racing in the Hooter's Pro Cup.

Come on buckaroo, answer the question, it seems like no one else can.

Okay, but I will pass the next question to someone else. George Brunnhoelzel Jr. built the famed Brunnhoelzl jack used by many NASCAR Winston Cup/NEXTEL Cup teams today.

I know...I know! LOL Sorry NW, but it seems that we're in on the same page here. But, I'll again let someone else answer. I hope this thread isn't getting too old as I enjoy it very much. Also, I learn a lot. :)

Yelk said:
Wind tunnel testing.

They may have tested in the wind tunnel but the answer I'm looking for is they took cars to the airport and backed them up to jet engines which put out enough air to simulate a car going backwards at very high speeds.
:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
Some one else go.

New Hampshire in 2000, Daytona and Dega. Also, from 1971 thru 74, restrictor plates were used on all 7.0L engines when NASCAR was downsizing to 5.9L engines.

Yelk said:
New Hampshire in 2000, Daytona and Dega. Also, from 1971 thru 74, restrictor plates were used on all 7.0L engines when NASCAR was downsizing to 5.9L engines.

I would say that more than covers it.
Your turn
:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Their first race car was No. 50, because they paid $50.00 for it.
Who were they?

Back
Top Bottom