Nascar Trivia

What am I missing:

Grand National race number 7 of 19
June 25, 1950 at Dayton Speedway, Dayton, OH
200 laps on a .500 mile paved track (100.0 miles)

A reminder here. The "Nascar Trivia" is limited to questions related to Nascar "only".

muggle not said:
A reminder here. The "Nascar Trivia" is limited to questions related to Nascar "only".
Let me re-phrase....The "Nascar Trivia" is limited to questions related to Nascar "only". Nascar as defined what is generally known as "Cup" racing (first race 6-1949) although it has gone by other names at various times. Busch, Craftsman Truck, etc are not part of the Trivia.

actually, the question on the first Nascar race on a paved track would have been Dayton as the correct answer, not Thompson. The first Nascar race at Thompson was 10-12-51 where the first Nascar race at Dayton was 6-25-50.

Mopardh9 said:
Ok my bad thought it was general Nascar questions....deal me out
Mopardh9, please go ahead and post a question. I am sure you can come up with one related to Nascar Cup. I was only trying to keep the Trivia on track, OK.

Maybe this thread has run its course. NASCAR is so wide and varied that even the races I'm going to watch tonight are NASCAR and though they feature the Mods, and the fact that the winners at this track are a who's who in NASCAR, any question about Bowman Gray Stadium probably wouldn't qualify in this thread. But that track was on the schedule of the old original Grand National Series in NASCAR.

buckaroo said:
Maybe this thread has run its course. NASCAR is so wide and varied that even the races I'm going to watch tonight are NASCAR and though they feature the Mods, and the fact that the winners at this track are a who's who in NASCAR, any question about Bowman Gray Stadium probably wouldn't qualify in this thread. But that track was on the schedule of the old original Grand National Series in NASCAR.
IRL, CHAMP, F1, and ARCA do not qualify either. Back on topic, someone post a Nascar Cup question.

Ok, I will post a question.

Jimmie Johnson has won four consecutive points races at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Name the 2 drivers with the most consecutive wins at a race track.

muggle not said:
Let me re-phrase....The "Nascar Trivia" is limited to questions related to Nascar "only". Nascar as defined what is generally known as "Cup" racing (first race 6-1949) although it has gone by other names at various times. Busch, Craftsman Truck, etc are not part of the Trivia.

When bandwagon jumpers know nothing except Cup, it's a shame. The first top NASCAR series was Modifies in 1948. NASCAR is more than Cup. In case some don't know, lots of your local short tracks are NASCAR sanctioned.

Yelk said:
muggle not said:

When bandwagon jumpers know nothing except Cup, it's a shame. The first top NASCAR series was Modifies in 1948. NASCAR is more than Cup. In case some don't know, lots of your local short tracks are NASCAR sanctioned.
I started the Nascar Trivia and rules were established to keep it on track. From time to time there are a few that either forgot the rules or were not aware of them (no problem). Rules are necessary in my view to keep any Trivia functional and help its longevity.

However, "it is a shame" when a few people make childish attempts to sabotage a topic that has endured more than 1000 posts under the current guidelines. Especially when those people "no nothing" about keeping a Trivia functional.

If "any" of the Mods think that it is time to change the rules for Nascar Trivia please feel free as it is your perogative.

Maybe some just need to look again at the first and subsequent posts to remind them that there are rules.

I really enjoy this thread and hope it stays active.

The question was asked before the topic was hi-jacked. :) Please continue with the question I asked:
muggle not said:
Ok, I will post a question.

Jimmie Johnson has won four consecutive points races at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Name the 2 drivers with the most consecutive wins at a race track.

BobbyFord said:
Seven straight consecutive wins at one track...

Darrel Waltrip at Bristol 1981-1984

Richard Petty at Richmond 1970-1973
Right on the button. Your go BF.

I read this in the paper this morning so I hope the facts are true. :)

Louise Smith was "one" of the first females to race in Nascar. What name (nick name) did they call her?

She WAS known as the First Lady of Racing, though that must not be what you are looking for as you said. She also became the first woman inducted into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame in 1999.

How about Good ol' Gal?

She supposedly had a nick name....."The Agitator". That is what I read in the paper last week.

Go ahead DEI and ask a question.

ok
In the 70's K&K Insurance was a sponsor for a car. Who was the driver that drove that car?

There were several drivers of the K&K car in the 70's...Bobby Isaac, Buddy Baker, Dave Marcis and Ray Hendrick.

who won the first race at Texas motor speedway in 1997? What make of car and what sponser?

Back
Top Bottom