Nascar Trivia

fun_in_my_z said:
who won the first race at Texas motor speedway in 1997? What make of car and what sponser?
Fun, to ask a question you have to earn the right by being the first person to correctly quess the previous question.

DEI seems to have deserted us and has not confirmed the answer to his question. So, lets go from here and someone ask a new question, anyone.

muggle not said:
Fun, to ask a question you have to earn the right by being the first person to correctly quess the previous question.

DEI seems to have deserted us and has not confirmed the answer to his question

So, lets go from here and someone ask a new question, anyone

That is exactly what fun in my z did after 11 days of no response from DEIfan as to the correct answer. Talk about childish, you jumping on fun in my z for asking a question and then turn around a ask ANYONE to ask a question. You have a BIG EGO problem Muggle not.

It's been awhile, so lets get this thread started again!!

Question.....

Who won the last Labor Day Southern 500 at Darlington?????

Fun seems to have abandoned the Trivia so I will take the liberty of asking a question to keep the Trivia going.

What was the fastest 500 mile race in NASCAR history? Who won, and what was their average speed?

Was that before or after he retired. After, doesn't count.

Mark Martin won the Winston 500 in 1997 at Talladega Super Speedway with an average speed of 188.354 mph, making it the fastest 500-mile race in NASCAR history. From Wikipedia

Mark Martin won the Winston 500 in 1997 at Talladega Super Speedway with an average speed of 188.354 mph, making it the fastest 500-mile race in NASCAR history. From Wikipedia
That is correct. It is your turn to ask a Nascar "Cup" question.

Someone else take it. I just happened to know the answer and I'm going to bed. I'm to tired to think of a good question.

Someone else take it. I just happened to know the answer and I'm going to bed. I'm to tired to think of a good question.[/QUO

I have waited over 72 hours to post a question here because no one likes a newbie to jump in but if someone does not ask a question in the next few hours ...I will .

Someone else take it. I just happened to know the answer and I'm going to bed. I'm to tired to think of a good question.[/QUO

I have waited over 72 hours to post a question here because no one likes a newbie to jump in but if someone does not ask a question in the next few hours ...I will .

Go ahead and ask a question. Just make sure that it is Nascar "Cup" related.

Thank you Muggle not

Name the first ARCA champion to win a Cup race .

The Driver would be Bobby Allison but the guy that came up with the idea and built what would be the prototype of the power steering system they use today was Gary Nelson . Most of the componets that he used came from a Ford half ton pick up .

Well it wouldnt be the first time ive been wrong so I went and checked a few places . Heres what Tom Higgins had to say .

On May 16, 1982, as Bobby Allison's crew chief, Nelson equipped his Chevrolet with power steering, a system not specified in the rulebook. Allison won by four laps, prompting a NASCAR official to call Nelson the next morning and tell him that power steering would not be allowed in the future.

''The rulebook said, 'production-like,' " Nelson recalled telling the official. ''I think more production cars come with power steering than cars that don't. I wish you would consider that."

The following week, Richard Petty and Cale Yarborough installed power steering in their cars. Today, the feature has become standard, a result of the cops-and-robbers interplay that shows no signs of conclusion.

Hmmm Yelk, looks like you're backed into a corner on this one. Maybe someone had it before and didn't tell anyone. :)

It is my understanding that Geoff Bodine introduced power steering to Cup. Bodine drove for Emanuel Zervakis in the Modidied Division and used power steering successfully. Bodine also ran 3 races for Zervakis in Cup in 81, introducing power steering to the Cup level.

WeLL Yelk give me a date before 82 in the Cup series and I will con seed .

My friend, I don't care if you CONCEDE or not, I'm just going on memory of having been around racing since 1950 and not what someone wrote. Of course, when one gets my age, living it and what is put out by the media might be different.

Back
Top Bottom