Nascar Trivia

This current Cup driver was arrested in Canada and spent the night in jail untill he saw the judge and posted bail in the morning.

clue , This is not something from 10 or 20 years ago ,this is a fairly recent inccident and as I said a current Cup driver.

Derrick Cope????

No being slow is not illegal in Canada it was not DC . this driver is almost always competitive where ever he runs.

No it was not Schrader . final hint this driver will be in the Bud Shoot Out.

Now there aren't all that many to choose from. I googled all the Shoot Out guys and didn't find any of them, so I'd think that it was either something very hush up, or very unusual. Also, I'm thinking of two guys who live in the northern part of the country where Canada is close by, either Greg Biffle or Kasey Kahne. So, if Denny Hamlin isn't right, I'll make a 50\50 shot at it and say Greg Biffle.

The correct answer is - Boris Said .

Buckaroo your right about it being hushed up and it was a pretty funny story.

On May 18 2001 Boris went to Mosport Raceway in Ontario Canada to compete in the World Challange Cup . Qualfying was held early Saturday morning Boris was fast and qualified outside pole as he got out of the car on pit road two police officers from the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) asked him if he was Boris Said when he affirmed they said your under arrest come with us . They led Boris out of the paddock and to awaiting police car and took him off to jail.

It seems Boris had raced for John Powell of Powell Motorsports in the 1989 season and one or some of the purses had been sent to Boris rather then where they have should have Powell Motorsports . John Powell tried to collect it from Boris but it seems it was hard for Powell to get Boris on the phone in California where Boris was living at the time . Powell filed in Ontario Provincial Civil court and had Boris served with papers at a race towards the end of the 1990 season but after that race it seems Boris never came back to race in Ontario or did he come back to go to court. Ten Years go by and Boris comes back to race at Mosport and Powell sees him and calls the cops .

Boris ends up spending two days and nights in jail because he cant get before a judge untill monday . Sometime between qualifying and going before the judge on monday John Powell and Boris worked everything out John dropped his suit and Boris paid a small fine for the fail to appear citation and was released .

Just a month later at the Cup race in Sonoma a reporter asked him what it was like going to jail in Canada , Boris just grinned and said the food really sucked.

I did find this very small mention of it here .scroll down to the second pic from the bottom .
http://www.zoompics.com/2001k.htm

My first thought was that it was Boris, but I couldn't find anything on him...but I couldn't find anything on any of the other guys either.

Try this one ..

This driver only ran one Cup race but he did win the Oswego Classic.

His Son and name sake and former Cup driver had a good season in the CTS this year.

Multi, I don't know about the others, but I'm learning a lot from your questions and answers. Thanks for all that you do. :)

Well thank you Buckaroo I was hoping the questions were not to obscure .

How about this one ,

While most guys propose on bended knee this famous Cup driver asked his would be bride to marry him from a hospital bed while he laid there with a broken leg .

Heres a hint

This is the only driver I am aware of that ever got a Bull for a bonus from his owner for winning a race.

Multi, I'm really enjoying your questions, but please be a sport and give us a bit longer to respond. 2 or 3 days seems to be too short a time frame for you to post the answer. Remember that it is the off season and many members don't even log on every day. Thanks!:beerbang:

No problem Kat I thought I was leaving them too long and maybe boring people .
This is from the modern era so you dont have to rack your brain way back to the 50s or 60s.

This famous driver never attended church untill he met this hottie that he proposed marriage to. She told him that if he wanted to marry her he would have to be baptized so just two weeks before they wed he stood in line with several couples with their young children and took the plunge at his soon to be brides church.

Multimatic, you are a veritable warehouse of information.
You are one of the few people knowledgeable of the sport of NASCAR as I have ever come across.

For a long time, the NASCAR Trivia section was pretty much abandoned by myself as it became almost repititous and nearly died out until you came along and revitalized it.

It is refreshing and interesting to note questions backed up with posted articles.

Keep them coming, and "Welcome aboard" !!!!! :)

Heres one .

In 1967 Goodyear gave every Cup driver one of these for safety .

It was not a hard time nor was it a rubber/latex product . Every driver that showed up at Riverside for the real start of the 67 season was givin one (they ran a race at Augusta in Nov 66 that counted towards the 67 points)

Back
Top Bottom