Nascar Trivia

I might have asked this before and if so, my apology. But, here goes anyway.

Who took the checkered flag for the first official Strictly Stock (now Cup) race at Charlotte NC on June 19th, 1949?

You are correct Muggle...WTG. Dunnaway did take the checkered flag, but was dq'ed, giving the win to Roper.

This driver only ran 6 Cup races but Gary Nelson says he taught him more about racing and building cars then anyone else .

This driver was known for getting around the pit/garage/infield area using roller skates.

How about a hint before I have to start goofing on people that are posting about a race that has nothing to do with NASCAR 5000 miles away in the desert .

This drivers wife was arrested for making terroistic threats and extadited.

No I dont believe Brooke was ever arrested as being a gold digger is not an indictable offence.

hehe, i remember that. apparently diane bodine thought the hooters lady was paying too much attention to her husband <g>

Yeah, I remember that episode also.

Here is a question that no doubt has been asked before but is appropriate at this time.

Who was the first driver to "qualify" for a race at a speed of over 200 mph.

Sorry, nope. Remember, the question is who was the first driver to hit 200 mph in qualifying.

Okay, then it was Benny Parsons.
Correct. None other than Benny who qualified at 200.176 mph in 1982 at Talladega and became the first Cup driver to reach 200 mph in qualifying

(I read this in today's Greensboro paper, Benny was on the front page and deservedly so)

THIS IS PROBALLY KIND OF EASY BUT I CANT THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE AT THE MOMENT

OF ALL THE DRIVERS IN THE CHASE FOR 06 NAME THE STATES THEY ARE FROM.

Back
Top Bottom