Nascar Trivia

This exclusive group go by such names as Big Easy ,Hi Banx, Detroit Eagle , Victory Lane but are known collectively as ..........

Other members past or present include Wheels , In The Red ,and Sunday Money

The Detroit Eagle is Roger Penske's yacht. Twin diesels putting out 7300 hp with an additional gas turbine capable of delivering another 5600 hp. Top speed 32 knots.

The Detroit Eagle is Roger Penske's yacht. Twin diesels putting out 7300 hp with an additional gas turbine capable of delivering another 5600 hp. Top speed 32 knots.

Yes it is Penskes yachts name as are all the names I posted the yachts of famous Nascar people but I was looking for who they are collectively ?

Sorry if I phrased the question poorly now armed with that bit of info do you want to take another shot at it BP your on the right track

Big Easy = Sabates
Hi Banx = France
Detroit Eagle = Penske
Victory Lane = Sabates, before he replaced it with the Big Easy

Big Easy = Sabates
Hi Banx = France
Detroit Eagle = Penske
Victory Lane = Sabates, before he replaced it with the Big Easy
'
Very Good I was looking for The NASCAR Yacht Club , but since you fiqured out who four of the Yachts belong to thats good enough for me the others are
24 Karat = Jeff Gordon (cheezy name)
In The Red = was Dale jrs but he sold that one dont know new ones name
Wheels = Rick Hendricks
Sunday Money = was Dale Earnhardts , dont know if Teressa kept it

Heres an interesting story about the rich and famous of NASCAR and what they do away from the track.

http://www.yachtingmagazine.com/yachting/destinations/article/0,24579,1112575,00.html

Heres a pic of Jeff Gordons yacht the 24 Karat If you click on the lower pic you can check out Jeffys bedroom lol.

http://www.robbreport.com/Articles/...2003-Production-Yachts-Lazzara-Yachts-106.asp

I'll pass. Thanks.
Let's see what you or someone else can come up with.
I don't normally play trivia games.

MultiMatic, probably your turn since barelypure turned down his turn. If you decide to let someone else go I have an easy question.:)

Ok, I said it was easy. Fireball Roberts has 33 wins I believe. How many years did he race the full, every race, Nascar schedule of the 15 seasons that he raced.

I wanted to give someone else a chance at this but since its been a couple days and no one has even posted a single guess I will chime in .

The answer is zero

You are correct. In only 2 seasons did Fireball race in over half the races for the year. His win ratio is amazing, 1 win for every 6.27 races.

Muggle not you know lots of good old time trivia , maybe stuff we wont be able to guess but funny inside things that we all can laugh about . I am not much on the who won this on that day stuff , I cant remember my girlfriends birthday some years .

How about you give us a good one that you dont post the answer untill after mid nite New Years Eve ?

It would seem that muggle not is not around to post a question right now so heres a New Years eve question .

This current Cup driver was discovered after filling in for this semi famous non Cup driver who was murdered in a lower series.

The question kind of violates the two part rule but I doubt anyone would know one name with out the other.

Chris Trickle....it think...I know he was dick trickle's nephew.

Very Good

Kurt was a competitor in the NASCAR Autozone Elite Division Southwest Tour and gained his first national exposure whilst competing against drivers like Ron Hornaday, Matt Crafton, Greg Biffle, Chris Trickle, and Kevin Harvick in the 1998 Winter Heat Series at Tucson Raceway Park.

Busch earned his big break with tragedy. Chris Trickle was shot in a mysterious shooting (Trickle would die of the injuries over a year later), and the Star Nursery team looked for a new driver to replace Trickle in the #70 team. Busch inherited the ride for the team and won the 1999 AutoZone Elite Division Southwest Series championship.

That led to a tryout in a Roush Racing "Gong Show", which he won and earned a Craftsman Truck Series ride.

Your turn

Very Good

Kurt was a competitor in the NASCAR Autozone Elite Division Southwest Tour and gained his first national exposure whilst competing against drivers like Ron Hornaday, Matt Crafton, Greg Biffle, Chris Trickle, and Kevin Harvick in the 1998 Winter Heat Series at Tucson Raceway Park.

Busch earned his big break with tragedy. Chris Trickle was shot in a mysterious shooting (Trickle would die of the injuries over a year later), and the Star Nursery team looked for a new driver to replace Trickle in the #70 team. Busch inherited the ride for the team and won the 1999 AutoZone Elite Division Southwest Series championship.

That led to a tryout in a Roush Racing "Gong Show", which he won and earned a Craftsman Truck Series ride.
Your turn
Gee whillikers Nascarwoman, you are pretty good.. :) I have been absent because I was in "Bird In Hand, PA" for a couple days to attend a wedding. long drive from North Carolina, about 430 miles each way.

Ok, what driver in 1989 did a Cannonball Run in morning rush hour traffic from Hendrick Pontiac on East Independence Boulevard in Charlotte to the WRFX studios uptown on East Fourth Street.

Ken Schrader
Sorry, not Schrader.

"It was tabbed the Crosstown Challenge and featured John Boy of WRFX`s John Boy and Billy morning radio show against XXXXXXX and they thought they might knock a couple of minutes off normal drive time. It turned out to be the best car chase you`ve ever seen on film multiplied by 10, but with more traffic."

I listened to the driver on radio after the Cannonball Run and could hardly believe his description of the run.

I remember hearing this story at the time but I was not living in one of the John boy and Billy markets back then . My final guess would be DW .

I remember hearing this story at the time but I was not living in one of the John boy and Billy markets back then . My final guess would be DW .
Sorry, not DW. Think now. Take a close look at my initial question, there is a clue there.

Another description of the run:
XXXXXXX zipped between cars in the heavy morning traffic when there was no apparent place to zip. He drove between lanes, looking for air. He cut through parking lots, passed in turn lanes, found holes where there weren`t any. Once, a truck started to pull out of a side street in front of us and even XXXXXXX admitted later he thought that might be the end of this cannonball run, but the truck stopped and let us slip by. And I`m sitting there going, ``Ooh, watch that truck . . . Oh, no . . . Look out for, oh, no . . . Ooh, wow, that was close . . . ``

We bounced into the WRFX lot 24 minutes after we started. That`s about 15 or 20 minutes faster than you can make it in the morning if you don`t have XXXXXXX at the wheel. And 18 minutes faster than John Boy and Billy made it.

Jeff Gordon?????????
You wish :). Sorry, no. (Hint, who drove a Pontiac)

Another quote:

I thought it was cute when XXXXXXX taped a piece of paper over the
speedometer of his Trans Am, a sleek, low-slung machine that looked like it
was straining to run before he even switched it on. The paper had ``35``
written on it. ``We`re gonna obey the speed limit, believe me,`` said XXXXXXX.

Oh Lord, it had to be Rusty then in that Pontiac. That was the year where old lead foot won his title.
You got it. None other than Rusty Wallace. His morning rush hour Cannonball Run was unbelievable. Listening to him on the radio that evening was hilarious. It is a wonder that they didn't throw the book at him. It could never happen today.

Thanks for that easy one. Now here's an even easier one...

Who retired in the middle of a race! On the 90th lap of the 1973 Talladega 500, this guy quit, reportedly telling car owner Bud Moore that a voice in the car warned him to get out of the race.

Back
Top Bottom