Nascar Trivia

I am trying to think of a hint that wont give it right away as the father is a hall of famer that everyone knows and could possibly go in with the inaugural inductees .
Lets try this..... The sons Cup career was less then outstanding and he is better known for what he accomplished in Busch.

I've got it now... From a web site that took me a gazillion years to find...

Bowsher’s Ford won the stock car class at the 24 Hours of Daytona in 1976 with his sons Gary and Jim sharing the driving duties with NASCAR legend David Pearson and son Larry Pearson.

The answer, since Bob Bowsher didn't drive in Cup is...David and Larry Pearson.

:beerbang:

Very good Buck

One of the amazing things about it was they drove an old USAC dirt car of Bowshers and it had drum brakes all around on it .

Your trun Buck

I'm pretty exhausted now with all that searching. I was just about ready to give up, but I'll give one. This one, like most of mine is relatively easy...

Who was the first woman to lead a lap in a Winston Cup/Grand National race?

Just a little clarification about Janet Guthrie leading 5 laps in her NASCAR career.

In 1977 on lap 20 Indy great Roger McClusky blew an engine at Ontario Motor Speedway . All the cars except Guthrie pitted putting her in the lead , it took 5 laps to clean up the oil and when they went green cars were passing her left and right and stacking up behind her . On lap 26 Chuck Bown swerved to miss a very slow Guthrie coming in contact with Norm Palmer causing another caution .

Guthrie now gives seminars about her great racing career and how she once led 5 laps she fails to mention they were caution laps or how she wrecked two other drivers when they dropped the green .

Guthrie finshed 25 laps down in 24th place

I've actually met Janet!

Somebody else (other than multimatic) please ask the next question. Buckster, I think you should do it!

Just a little clarification about Janet Guthrie leading 5 laps in her NASCAR career.

In 1977 on lap 20 Indy great Roger McClusky blew an engine at Ontario Motor Speedway . All the cars except Guthrie pitted putting her in the lead , it took 5 laps to clean up the oil and when they went green cars were passing her left and right and stacking up behind her . On lap 26 Chuck Bown swerved to miss a very slow Guthrie coming in contact with Norm Palmer causing another caution .

Guthrie now gives seminars about her great racing career and how she once led 5 laps she fails to mention they were caution laps or how she wrecked two other drivers when they dropped the green .

Guthrie finshed 25 laps down in 24th place
Gee, that must be the first time that a car stayed out to lead a lap while all others pitted. :)

Whoa, let's get back to having fun. Here's another question, but this one might not be so easy, and I'm not even sure you can find the answer with Google. But here it is...

What driver, during the race at Watkins Glen on Auguest 12, 1990, wore a size 11 shoe on his right foot and a size 8 1/2 on his left? His right foot was swollen after a wreck.

Ok, I agree. Lets stick to having fun with the questions.

How about maybe Mark martin with the size 11.

I would have to say trickle as well, not that i knew but the "hint" gave it away.

mshay, you are of course correct in your thinking, but unfortunately for you, Muggle beat you to it.

Dick Trickle is the correct answer. Muggle, yer tern.

i know i was just saying that after reading the"hint" that i knew it and i did know how to read between the lines due to the fact that im inteligent or something like that even.
i know i was late on the correct answer.

:beerbang:

Name the driver that only has 2 wins in his career of 478 races, both coming in the same year.

1 win at Daytona and 1 win at Talladega

nope, Cope has 2 wins but one is at Dover.....and he only has 408 races in his Nascar career.

This famous driver has been shot , struck by lightning , bit by a rattlesnake , and nearly had a wild bear get loose in the ****pit of his plane.

Back
Top Bottom