Nascar Trivia

I'm guessing Matt Yocum because Tony and Matt are good friends and Matt knows the history/stats of NASCAR forwards and backwards.

Ok if is not Dr Dick Bergren then we should just give up lol

Did a little checking and I'm going to say Atlanta. It was built ten years later, but all the other superspeedways I've found were built after that.

Sorry, none of the above.
This track was also the first track (superspeedway) to run a race under the lights.

Ken you made me work for this one

Raleigh Speedway

Raleigh Speedway (originally Southland Speedway) was a one-mile (1.6 km) oval race track which opened in 1952 one mile north of Raleigh, North Carolina in Wake County. It was the second superspeedway ever built (the first being the 1.366 mile Darlington Raceway at Darlington, South Carolina). It was also the first lighted superspeedway and the first track on which NASCAR sanctioned night-time races. The track had a long and narrow shape, like a paper clip, with the front and back straights about 500 feet apart and the straightaways about 1,850 feet long. The turns were banked at 16° and the straightaways were flat.

Ken you made me work for this one

Raleigh Speedway

Raleigh Speedway (originally Southland Speedway) was a one-mile (1.6 km) oval race track which opened in 1952 one mile north of Raleigh, North Carolina in Wake County. It was the second superspeedway ever built (the first being the 1.366 mile Darlington Raceway at Darlington, South Carolina). It was also the first lighted superspeedway and the first track on which NASCAR sanctioned night-time races. The track had a long and narrow shape, like a paper clip, with the front and back straights about 500 feet apart and the straightaways about 1,850 feet long. The turns were banked at 16° and the straightaways were flat.

We have a winner. WTG No3fan, good job.

On a side note: I attended races there when I was a youngster, but mostly Sportsman and Modified that usually ran on the quater mile track. Did attend one GN/Cup but vaguely remember it.

Your tury No3fan.

Thanks Ken,

I'm sure you know the answer to this but some of the newer fans to the sport may not.

What is Richard Petty's last win at Charlotte Motor Speedway most noted for?

Thanks
Tim

Back
Top Bottom