Nascar Trivia

In his very first NASCAR race in October of 1955, DeWayne Lund was thrown from his car when the seat belts broke. Who was his sponsor?

Who was the first driver to drive the #8 car.

Any other info you provide earns a bonus.

Wasn't that Ralph Earnhardt's #? That is why Dale bought it from the Stavola Bros for Jr.

Yep, Ralphy drove the #8 car, but that was in the old era. I do remember when Jeff Burton drove the #8 car, but there's probably been others as well.

Y'all are correct but none of them were the first to drive a #8 car in Nascar.

Billy Carden drove the #8 July 10, 1949 at Beach & Road Course, Daytona Beach, FL.
He started 3rd and finished 15th

He also drove the #8 September 23, 1951 at Charlotte Speedway, Charlotte, NC
200 laps on a .750 mile dirt track (150.0 miles)

He started on the pole and finished 7th.

Billy Carden drove the #8 July 10, 1949 at Beach & Road Course, Daytona Beach, FL.
He started 3rd and finished 15th

He also drove the #8 September 23, 1951 at Charlotte Speedway, Charlotte, NC
200 laps on a .750 mile dirt track (150.0 miles)

He started on the pole and finished 7th.
Correct, your go tkj.

In the 2002 Nascar season, how many races were won by the pole-sitter? Track? Driver?

Come on tkj, these are supposed to be a single question. sometimes a two part is OK if they blend together.

There were 4 races where a driver won from the pole.
Elliott - Pocono
Gordon - Bristol
Newman - Loudon
Busch - Bristol

Come on tkj, these are supposed to be a single question. sometimes a two part is OK if they blend together.

There were 4 races where a driver won from the pole.
Elliott - Pocono
Gordon - Bristol
Newman - Loudon
Busch - Bristol

You are correct. Your turn.

my apology tkj, I should have sent a PM.

Which driver accomplished getting to the 50 win plateau the fastest.

I recently learned Country Singer Marty Robbins was also a NASCAR Driver. So my question is; how many races did he run and what was his best finish?

I recently learned Country Singer Marty Robbins was also a NASCAR Driver. So my question is; how many races did he run and what was his best finish?

13 years 35 races

Best finish 5th at June 16, 1974 at Michigan International Speedway, Brooklyn, MI

How about this one: Who built the chassis for the car that Harry Gant won four straight races in back in September of 1991?

How about this one: Who built the chassis for the car that Harry Gant won four straight races in back in September of 1991?
Welcome to the Trivia thread. The rules are that only the person that answers the previous question can ask the next question, and only after the person that listed the question confirms the answer. One more rule, all questions have to be related to Nascar Cup racing.

Again, welcome aboard. Look forward to having you play the Trivia.

Oh sorry, well then tkj24 disregard the question I asked...

In 1975, Dale Earnhardt made his debut in NASCAR. What number was he driving?

How many times in the modern era, has the race at Watkins Glen been won from the pole in the 20th century? Year? Drivers?

1957 - Buck baker
1964 - Billy Wade
1986 - Tim Richmond
1993 - mark martin
1994 - Mark martin
1995 - Mark martin
1998 - Jeff Gordon
2005 - Tony Stewart

Which track, currently on the schedule, has the steepest degree of banking.

Back
Top Bottom