Nascar Trivia

Correct. Ernie started at the back of the field and came on to win the race in 1992.

Your go T. Woods.

Am I allowed to answer this? Tommy Ellis in a Busch race back in 1990. He was driving a Buick Regal #99 sponsored by Goo Goo Clusters

The Busch series is not part of the Nascar Trivia. Only questions and answers pertaining to the Nascar Cup series are permitted under the rules.

Am I allowed to answer this? Tommy Ellis in a Busch race back in 1990. He was driving a Buick Regal #99 sponsored by Goo Goo Clusters

. Rules: Questions can only be on Nascar Cup racing. The person that lists the question must confirm the answer of the person quessing correctly before that person lists his question. I will list the first question and make it an easy one.

RPK, this might help. I had to go back to the first page and read the rules when I started playing. We should of been better at explaining it to you. Sorry.

Being the nice lady I am I will make it easy on you guys.

Who won the initial race at Phoenix and how did the driver celebrate?

You are welcome to answer the question but I think you might need to read it again.
The question "When was the first time Richmond was run under the lights."

OK I checked with some other historians so this isn't my answer but they said sometime in 1964 or 1965 there was a race run on a Tuesday night because the regular raceday was rained out. Dunno who won or anything or if it was even a Cup event.

OK I checked with some other historians so this isn't my answer but they said sometime in 1964 or 1965 there was a race run on a Tuesday night because the regular raceday was rained out. Dunno who won or anything or if it was even a Cup event.

That is close enough.
March 10, 1964 race run under temporary lights.
Now it is your turn to ask a question.

OK how about this:

When was the last time a driver lapped the field on the way to victory. Who was it, where & what year?

September 15, 1991 at Dover Downs International Speedway, Dover, DE
Winner Harry Gant

RPK, you gotta watch that tkj24 as she has an awesome reference collection that she culls when a question comes out. I've tried to slip some really difficult ones by her, but she finds a way to get the answer. She's very good at getting the answers. :cool:

Whizzer's a little late on the draw so we'll have to go for him. OK in the 1980's, 5 different drivers won Winston Cup titles but only one of them has never won a points race at a restrictor plate track. Who was it?

Rusty Wallace

Your on it Buckaroo, Rusty doe's have a Bud Shootout victory as well as a couple IROC wins at the two plate tracks but his second place finish to Michael Waltrip at the 02 Pepsi 400 is his best run in a Winston Cup points race.

Hardtops and convertibles ran together in the "Mixed 400" at Martinsville Speedway October 28, 1956. It was the first such race. Later, mixed events were called what?

:) Of course you are right. When have you ever been wrong?

lol.gif

That's funny buckaroo

When did driver Bobby Isaacs retire? What was unique about his retirement? Why did he say he ritired?

lol.gif

That's funny buckaroo

When did driver Bobby Isaacs retire? What was unique about his retirement? Why did he say he ritired?

Saw this dude's bio on TNN when they used to show NASCAR races back in the 90's. Bobby Isaac, driver #71 K&K insurance Dodge Charger. Last race was 1976 at either Talladega or Charlotte. Isaac said he heard voices in the car that told him to retire or he would be killed. I think hr had a heart attack & died the next year after a sportman race or something.

Saw this dude's bio on TNN when they used to show NASCAR races back in the 90's. Bobby Isaac, driver #71 K&K insurance Dodge Charger. Last race was 1976 at either Talladega or Charlotte. Isaac said he heard voices in the car that told him to retire or he would be killed. I think hr had a heart attack & died the next year after a sportman race or something.

Bobby Isaac retired in the middle of a race! On the 90th lap of the 1973 Talladega 500, he quit, reportedly telling car owner Bud Moore that a voice in the car warned him to get out of the race

Bobby Isaac retired in the middle of a race! On the 90th lap of the 1973 Talladega 500, he quit, reportedly telling car owner Bud Moore that a voice in the car warned him to get out of the race

Oh, guess I was kinda right. Hey tkj24, ask another question...

Back
Top Bottom