Nascar Trivia

Since Nascar implemented the green, white, checkered. How many GWC finishes have there been and how many times has the leader lost on those last 2 laps?

Since Nascar implemented the green, white, checkered. How many GWC finishes have there been and how many times has the leader lost on those last 2 laps?

22 GWC finishes & the leader has lost 5 times in the last two laps. Most recently Mark Martin at this years Daytona 500. Most recent GWC finish was Talladega when Jeff Gordon tied Sr for restrictor plate victories. Jeff Gordon won one of the last contraversal finishing races that was run before NASCAR implemented the GWC when he beat Dale Jr at the Spring Talladega event. I thought Jr was leading for sure & apparently so did the rest of the fans in attendence cause they rained 24oz bud cans galore on Jeffy's pepsi car when they announced that he was the winner. For Jeff though it was all good cause he came back the next year in 05 in that same race driving "The Force" paint job with Yoda on the hood N smoked the field.

OK, what size was the holes in the restrictor plate when the current plate qualifying record of 199mph+ was set?

May-90
Talladega
15/16 inches
Bill Elliott

You're awesome. That is correct. NASCAR got scared when Elliott toured the 2.66 mile tri-oval in the Spring of 1990 at nearly 200+ avg. The holes were reduced after Elliotts run in the Coors T-Bird. That paintjob he had that season is my alltime favorite Elliott scheme. It was the only Pole in a Plate race for Ford that year. Schrader took the Daytona 500 with Greg Sacks at the Pepsi & Dale Earnhardt at the DieHard...

1990wcdaytonaracingsa4yp7.jpg

By romero2k at 2007-07-19

Who was NASCAR's first Big Time car owner? (This owner invented the team concept thats used by most teams today.)

The 2003 Darlington race had the closest finish with Craven beating Kurt Busch by .002 seconds.

Where did the second closest finish occur and who were the drivers.

At daytona this year with Jamie McMurry and Kyle Busch. .0005 July 7th 2007
Also ties Dale Earnhardt and Earnie Irvan at Talledega on July 25th 1993 at .005

At daytona this year with Jamie McMurry and Kyle Busch. .0005 July 7th 2007
Also ties Dale Earnhardt and Earnie Irvan at Talledega on July 25th 1993 at .005
You are correct. I thought that I might fool you and you would only list the McMurray/Busch race. :)

You are correct. I thought that I might fool you and you would only list the McMurray/Busch race. :)

Muggle, you know better than to question tkj24. Want to talk about a walkin' talkn' encyclopedia of NASCAR. I've thrown everything I can at her and she's never failed to come back with the right answer, thosgh a few times, it took her a couple of tries. I've given up trying to stump her. :)

tkj24...yer the tops!:beerbang:

Muggle, you know better than to question tkj24. Want to talk about a walkin' talkn' encyclopedia of NASCAR. I've thrown everything I can at her and she's never failed to come back with the right answer, thosgh a few times, it took her a couple of tries. I've given up trying to stump her. :)

tkj24...yer the tops!:beerbang:

Thank you Buckaroo.

How many laps did they run at the February Daytona race in 1974? Why? Who won?

1974 Daytona 500 was shortened to 180 laps because of the energy crisis. Richard Petty won the race.

What did Dale Earnhardt say about Ricky Rudd after they crashed out of the 1989 Holly Farms 400 while leading on the final lap?

he knocked the **** outta me"

Earnhardt was furious at Rudd and said he should be suspended for the rest of the season
The way I saw it DE came down into Rudd.

OK, RPK,. Did tkj get the answer correct.

The way I saw it DE came down into Rudd.

OK, RPK,. Did tkj get the answer correct.

Video dont lie. This was the race that ultimately cost Dale Sr the title. If he had backed off & finished 2nd he'd have 8 Winston Cups instead of 7 but of course that was not his way. I'm not really sure who was more at fault in this incident. Yes tkj24, you were correct...

Linden Airport and won by Al Keller.

I didn't understand the question though. :)

One of the strangest moments in racing happened at Pocono when a fan ran across the track in front of the cars and then climbed the wall and dissapeared. Who won that race.

hehe............Nope

hey Buckaroo, she got a question wrong. :D

Ok here is where I got my info. Jayski

IDIOT ALERT UPDATE 2: some nimrod ran out of the infield, across the track and into the woods [maybe the line to the restrooms were too long?] supposedly the police are in pursuit of the fool.(TNT/MRN Race Coverage)(7-27-2003)UPDATE - the streak: In the midst of the running of the Pennsylvania 500, one of the more than 100,000 fans on hand bolted from the speedway infield, raced across the track in the face of an oncoming field of stock cars, vaulted another barrier and ran into a nearby wooded area. According to an eyewitness, what looked like a man, shirtless with his pants below his knees exposing part of his derriere, "streaked" across the lower end of the Pocono frontstretch as the field was circling the track at 65 mph behind the pace car. One source said Sunday's "streak" was caught by one of the many television cameras on hand for the TNT production. The TV source said the feed was seen by people in production, but did not go over the air for public consumption. Regarding the Pocono incident on Sunday, track spokesman Bob Pleban said someone was apprehended in the woods outside the track's first turn shortly after the incident by Pocono Raceway security. He was turned over to Pocono Regional Police. A woman who identified herself as Barb, but would give no last name, answered the phone at Pocono Regional headquarters. She said she knew nothing of the incident, but that regional police handle cases on the track grounds. "I have no idea," she said. "We do have detectives at the track. You will have to wait until they issue a press release." Pleban said there is a facility and a magistrate on the speedway grounds to handle cases of lawbreaking.(see full story at the Express Times)(7-28-2003)
UPDATE 2: Pocono Regional Police say [a man, see story for name], 25, from Long Pond, Pa., was arrested on four misdemeanor counts when he sprinted across the racetrack course near Turn 1. #19-Jeremy Mayfield had to swerve to avoid [the man] during a caution period. "Somebody went across down by Turn 1, hopped over the wall and was quickly apprehended," Pocono Raceway spokesman Bob Pleban said. "He's in lockup right now." After reviewing a videotape provided by TNT, which telecast the race nationally, Det. Jeff Bowman said [the man] jogged across the track, then exposed his buttocks before hopping over the outside retaining wall. NASCAR, which sanctioned Sunday's race at Pocono, would not offer comment about the incident. [The man] was charged with disorderly conduct, open lewdness, public drunkenness and simple trespassing. But Bowman said the list of charges could grow and become more serious depending on Mayfield's account of the incident. Pocono Raceway officials plan to review its security operations before hosting its next Winston Cup race during the 2004 season.(Daytona Beach News Journal)(7-29-2003)

As for the winner:Newman wins at Pocono: #12-Ryan Newman won the Pennsylvania 500 at Pocono Raceway in the Mobil One Dodge, his first ever win at Pocono, 4th win of the year [he leads the series in wins now] and 5th of his career. #97-Busch ended up 2nd, almost catching Newman. The Points leader, #17Kenseth finished 13th and keeps his big leads in the points standings. The unofficial top 10, lap leaders, out of the race, caution summaries and notes can be seen on my Pennsylvania 500 Race Info page.
RACE RE-AIR: The race will be re-aired on Speed Channel, Wed, July 30th, 8:00pm/et and Thurs, July 31st, 1:00am/et and at 3:00pm/et.
RACE RESULTS at Jayski's Pocono July Race Results or
ThatsRacin.com
MotorsportsOne
NASCAR.com.
Points at Jayski's Drivers/ Owners Points (after Pocono) page.(7-27-2003)

Back
Top Bottom