Nascar Trivia

Kyle Petty
If I'm right someone else can go ahead with a new question. I can't think of one

You are correct. June 13, 1993 at Pocono. Anyone go ahead and ask a question.

"That race has become almost legendary", Petty said years later. "It's amazing to me how many people will bring up that race, and they don't remember I won it. All they remember is that guy climbing the fence in the infield, running across the race track, climbing the wall and then disappearing.

Muggle, I remember that race, but I'm staying out of this. tkj just might find Jayski and castrate that boy. :) Or, did you, muggle, chat with the old jayski and have him change the story line on his web site?

tkj, that's okay girl, you can't win 'em all. Yer still tops even though you do hit a wall now and then. Remember, even Jeffy can't win every time.

Who was the driver who was vocally adamant against the HANS device after it was introduced in NASCAR in 2001?

May 6, 1991 at Talladega Kyle Petty was involved in an accident and broke his leg. A driver tried to squeeze between Mark Martin and Kyle causing a 20 car pileup.

Who was the driver that caused the wreck.

What owner told his driver that he would buy him a Rolls Royce if he won the Daytona 500.

Car owner Felix Sabates tells Petty that if he wins the Daytona 500, he'll give his driver a Rolls-Royce.

What are the names of Dale Jarrett's and Terry Labonte's sons who are now following in the footsteps of their fathers?

Jason Jarrett and Justin Labonte.

If this is the correct answer, I'll pass asking a question to anyone who wants to.

How many top five finishes did Bobby Labonte have during the 2000 Championship season?

Name the driver.

He ran out of gas while driving home from a race at Charlotte and did not have any money to buy any gas. The wife had given all her money at the track church service and the driver had loaned all his money to someone. They sat along the road until someone came along that recognized them.

What happened to everyone. Seems like only tkj and I are playing the Trivia game. Is it time to put Trivia to bed. :(

What happened to everyone. Seems like only tkj and I are playing the Trivia game. Is it time to put Trivia to bed. :(

There's not much fun at this when tkj is always on the spot with her vast resources. Few people can compete with her in trivia and aren't able to be on the computer as much. I'd love to see the trivia continue, but we need to put a limit on how often you pros can keep control.

Just my opinion, and not in any way a reflection on my thoughts about either of you. It's just that we just can't compete.

There's not much fun at this when tkj is always on the spot with her vast resources. Few people can compete with her in trivia and aren't able to be on the computer as much. I'd love to see the trivia continue, but we need to put a limit on how often you pros can keep control.

Just my opinion, and not in any way a reflection on my thoughts about either of you. It's just that we just can't compete.

Fine with me. I will sit out answering or asking questions. The reason I had to ask so many lately is because people jumped in and answered and didn't want to ask a question. Sorry to monopolize the trivia thread.

Fine with me. I will sit out answering

Now see I'd hate for you to sit out. I'm not so much into trivia games but I do enjoy messing with people (I know that may come as a surprise for some) so sometimes I just play around the question, tossing out crumbs that may help someone else provide the answer. That's almost as fun...

Would it help if we implemented a new rule that.........."The same person cannot answer 2 consecutive questions".

tkj, we sure do not want you to stop answering or asking questions. Your presence in the Trivia thread is appreciated.

I knew my reply would generate some controversy but I didn't want it to. I don't want tkj to stop as she obviously enjoys doing this and is as I've said in the past, the best. It doesn't matter to me what you do, but don't stop. I enjoy reading all those little known facts and now and then, when I get a chance, I enjoy trying to stump y'all.

Isn't the premise of a "trivia" game to provide an answer from memory ??
When people play the parlor game of "trivia", they are not permitted any reference resources to look up answers.

I think this thread got a bit confused when questions and answers began coming from reference materials. It became more a situation of who could research the fastest rather than who actually recalled an incident or an answer from memory.:)

Isn't the premise of a "trivia" game to provide an answer from memory ??
When people play the parlor game of "trivia", they are not permitted any reference resources to look up answers.

I think this thread got a bit confused when questions and answers began coming from reference materials. It became more a situation of who could research the fastest rather than who actually recalled an incident or an answer from memory.:)

OK bright guy pull Muggle's last question out of your hat.:D

Back
Top Bottom