Nascar Trivia

Looking on the maps I have & without actually having been there, Jr Motorsports is at 349 Cayuga Dr in Mooresville. The closest shops to that location that I can see are the new Petty Enterprises shop at 112 Byers Creek Rd & (I know this isn't a Cup Team) but Red Horse Racing's #11 NCT Team driven by David Starr.

Looking on the maps I have & without actually having been there, Jr Motorsports is at 349 Cayuga Dr in Mooresville. The closest shops to that location that I can see are the new Petty Enterprises shop at 112 Byers Creek Rd & (I know this isn't a Cup Team) but Red Horse Racing's #11 NCT Team driven by David Starr.

Jr is at 349 Cayuga, Red horse is at 125 Byers Creek across the street from Pettys shop but there is a race shop closer then both of those. The shop is not a Nascar shop but is owned by a Cup driver.

If you go to google map you can see the lot where Jr's shop is now located and you can see the actual building this other shop is located in. ;)

Jr is at 349 Cayuga, Red horse is at 125 Byers Creek across the street from Pettys shop but there is a race shop closer then both of those. The shop is not a Nascar shop but is owned by a Cup driver.

If you go to google map you can see the lot where Jr's shop is now located and you can see the actual building this other shop is located in. ;)

Aiight then, Kasey Kahne Inc at 296 Cayuga Dr...

If there is no interest in playing Nascar Trivia we will let the thread die but lets give it a try. Rules: Questions can only be on Nascar Cup racing. The person that lists the question must confirm the answer of the person quessing correctly before that person lists his question.

As acting commissioner of this thread in the absence of muggle, I must remind you all that the thread is restricted to Cup questions, Sprint Cup only. Please try to stay within the rules and though I know this seems like a picky point, especially in the last question, it's just one of those fine lines that NASCAR loves to stick with. :) Okay, carry on...

K so I think this all means that tkj24 got the question correct...

Easy One: OK, the candy car winning today reminds me of the early 90's when Snickers was on the hood of the #8 Buick owned by The Stavola Brothers Racing Team. What is a major NASCAR item that a Stavola Brothers owned car brought about over 20 years ago that is still in use to this day!

Easy One: OK, the candy car winning today reminds me of the early 90's when Snickers was on the hood of the #8 Buick owned by The Stavola Brothers Racing Team. What is a major NASCAR item that a Stavola Brothers owned car brought about over 20 years ago that is still in use to this day!

MILLER

Raybestos brakes and Snickers were also sponsors for the Stavola Bros.

True enough but not what i'm thinking about, man I thought this would be easy. I can't drop anymore hints without giving it away so i'll let you guys take a couple more guesses...

a time clock......lol..... was thinking about the lawsuit they got hit with a few years for overtime.......lol
but actually, i think your name gives part of the answer away..... wasn't Bobby Allison driving for the Stavola's when he turned his racecar into an airplane without a safe place to land in Alabama? I'm gonna say restrictor plate. and i'm gonna lock in my answer......lol

a time clock......lol..... was thinking about the lawsuit they got hit with a few years for overtime.......lol
but actually, i think your name gives part of the answer away..... wasn't Bobby Allison driving for the Stavola's when he turned his racecar into an airplane without a safe place to land in Alabama? I'm gonna say restrictor plate. and i'm gonna lock in my answer......lol

We have a winner. Yes 21 years ago around this time at the 1987 Winston 500(Davey Allison's First Career Victory), Bobby Allison flipped on the frontstretch at Talladega and ripped out part of the catch fence. Even though actions had been taken to try to reduce speeds, that incident in particular was what directly led to the carbuerator restrictor plate being placed on the engines. Bill Elliott's 212mph pole speed at the DieHard 500 later that year further solidified the need for it. Restrictor Plates were officially introduced at the 1988 Daytona 500 which coincidentaly was won by Bobby Allison in another Stavola Brothers Miller High Life Buick Regal with Davey a close second...

In May of 1972, this driver raced 14 mph faster than he qualified due to the fact he purposely made his car illegal....... After the race, he went to tell an official ,"there is something wrong with my car, it ran too good.." he then directed them to the carb..... and was thrown out. Name the driver......

well that didnt take long....lol..... first time playin, guess I gotta dig deeper in the box....lol
But yeah, Marty Robbins took off the plate on his carb at Talladega...... said he just wanted to be able to pass Petty....lol.too cool

There was one year in Nascar that no driver won consecutive races. What year was it?

Who was the first driver to top 10 million dollars in career earnings

What year was the "infamous" (where Tim Richmond exposed himself) Winston picture taken?

[thread hijack]Did they ever figure out how many women Tim gave Aids to that died? His fiancee, Lagena said she'd received calls from over 30 women who had been infected by him. She died of Aids herself.[/thread hijack]

It was taken for The Winston poster. At Charlotte Motor Speedway. The date is (ironically) the same date as this year May 17th. The year was 1987 and it is hanging on my wall in my computer room. I used to have all the posters on my wall but I put them up so they wouldn't get torn or anything seemed to have missed this one. LOL

OK guys it's all-star time so here's a easy one.

The All-Star race has been held at Lowe's Motor Speedway (Charlotte Motor Speedway) every year but 1. When and where was that?

OK guys it's all-star time so here's a easy one.

The All-Star race has been held at Lowe's Motor Speedway (Charlotte Motor Speedway) every year but 1. When and where was that?

1986 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. It was the second year of the race & it was won by Bill Elliott in front of his hometown fans...

OK in keeping with our easy format and the AllStar race:

Two drivers have won The Winston after transferring in from the preceding qualifying races, who were they?

OK no one else is going to take a stab at your question so I will.

I know Mikey is one of them and I will guess the other maybe Ryan Newman.

OK no one else is going to take a stab at your question so I will.

I know Mikey is one of them and I will guess the other maybe Ryan Newman.

your correct, man i didn't think that one would've been that hard. Mikey won in 96 drivin for the Woods and Newman became the second rookie to win the event when he won in 02...

Who holds the record for the Most Consecutive Races Started and how many starts is that?

Back
Top Bottom