Nascar Trivia

K back in the 80's, Dale Sr's RCR pit crew was considered the best in the series as they won four consecutive pit crew competition titles. What was the nickname that they were known by?

I know that one for sure. One of those boys lives right close by and his wife is a reporter for the local Fox channel. Give 'em hell Chocolate! :) Oh, and no, that wasn't an answer, just a comment. I only read these questions, not give any answers. :cool:

When was the inaugural Motor State 500 at Michigan International Speedway and who won it?

Are you talking Grand National as the Nationwide Series or the old time cup series?
Questions can only be about the Cup series per the thread author Mugglenot. Since the early days of the premier series was known as the Grand National Series, I'm presumming that da Whiz is talking about that and not the old Sportsman Series, which became the Bush Grand National Series, which in turn became the Nationwide Series. Whew, did I get that out right? :eek:

Do you want a hint ??????? Will wait for a reply.

So there is no mistaking the time period or correct series, Grand National which was a/k/a Winston Cup Series and now named Sprint Cup.
Why do I think of the WoO whenever I see the name Sprint Cup ??

Joe Weatherly is correct. Weatherly died in a crash at Riverside and his tombstone carries a diagram of Riverside road course with an "x" marking the turn where he crashed. Weatherly is buried in Norfolk, VA.

OK this should be a easy one. With Infineon coming up next who has the most Nascar Cup victories there? How many? What years?

Sticking with the Infineon theme, who has the fastest qualifying lap at the track, and what was the time/speed?

No don't change your question you might cause them guys to have a heart attack.

I was trying to wait and let someone else guess but I will say Jamie McMurry 77.521 time 92.414 speed

Sticking with the Infineon theme, who has the fastest qualifying lap at the track, and what was the time/speed?

Rusty.............99.743 qualifying time for the pole in 1990.

Rusty also won the race.

heh, I am a fan of Rusty's no matter what buckaroo says.

K i'll restart with an easy one: only driver to win at Sears Point without actually crossing the finish line first?

seems to me like I remember Rudd tanglin with the Texaco car of Davey Allison..... (funny to think a few years later he would be in that car.....) and then gettin the checkered and black flag. THink NASCAR assessed like a 15 sec penalty or somethin on Rudd...... just the amount Davey was behind...... giving Allison the win. I still can remember the crewman they showed on camera right after the spin..... he looked all p'o'ed, and was banging his fist against his palm.......lol.
never did agree with that call though, but the cool thing was it won me $100 bucks in a race pool I was in......lol..... we had to wait till Tuesday to decide if I had the money or another guy.......lol.

Back
Top Bottom