Nascar Trivia

your right speedwayphoto it was Davey Allison. Rudd spun him out in the hairpin turn at the end of the dragstrip on the final lap & NASCAR penalized him when he crossed the stripe giving the win to Davey Allison, his only road course win of his career.

Guess that means my turn to ask a question........
Ok, this driver got his start by running fixed ( called booger races) in Chicago area, where he was dubbed with his famous nickname due to a zebra shirt he wore..................

Guess that means my turn to ask a question........
Ok, this driver got his start by running fixed ( called booger races) in Chicago area, where he was dubbed with his famous nickname due to a zebra shirt he wore..................

Please confirm, is this a Sprint Cup related question?

I would say that a question about a guy that ran as many Nascar Grand National races as Tiger Tom Pistone ran would definately be about...I just can't bring myself to call Nascar's top level series "Sprint" ....so just let me say that, YES it is a valid question.

Up a little early on your birthday ain't you son?

well pop...... looks like you answered the question right.....lol. The answer was "Tiger" Tom Pistone.............. long time veteran of NASCAR, both as a driver and parts supplier. Wanted to do the question as a nod to him as he lost his brother last week.........

So Mitchum, I guess the question is to you now...... go easy on us...lol...

and for the record, early on my birthday??? that question was from last week, I did sleep between then and my birthday.....lol

Sorry, but I just noticed it. Did you sleep from then until now? Haven't heard from you so I didn't know:sarcasm::D

Gimme a call, I misplaced your new number.

OK here goes the question- Everybody knows that Tom Cruise, and some of us older fans know that James Garner, Steve McQueen, James Conn and Rory Calhoun were actors who played race car drivers in the movies. But what I'd like to know is what race car driver had a career in the movies that spanned several decades. He performed both on camera and behind the scenes as a stuntman and even invented a camera mount that was used for many years in both TV and movies.

I would think Stantons dad Stan would be closer,he did a lot of stunt work for a good while........ but I think pops is lookin for someone else......... Maybe someone with a "cleaner" nickname?......lol..... I'll leave it at that for a lil bit before I take my guess..........

You're gonna have to reach a lot further back than the Barretts although the name Barrett is linked to this guy in a single instance for some movie stunt work that didn't come out quite as planned.

You're gonna have to reach a lot further back than the Barretts although the name Barrett is linked to this guy in a single instance for some movie stunt work that didn't come out quite as planned.

Time for a hint.

The driver we are looking for raced modifieds, sportsman, convertibles, GN hardtops and in his earlier years raced in a series that caused many to not know his real first name.

since no one has ventured a guess....... I think I know the answer, so I'm gonna give a clue........ If you "dial" up the thouights, it should be clear as clear as "ivory" on a the back of a "dove" at "dawn".............. that make any sense???

since no one has ventured a guess....... I think I know the answer, so I'm gonna give a clue........ If you "dial" up the thoughts, it should be clear as clear as "ivory" on a the back of a "dove" at "dawn".............. that make any sense???

And if you put all that to music, the stories would make a fine "opera".

since no one has ventured a guess....... I think I know the answer, so I'm gonna give a clue........ If you "dial" up the thouights, it should be clear as clear as "ivory" on a the back of a "dove" at "dawn".............. that make any sense???
If you know the answer, give it. Let Mitchum confirm, and then lets get on to another question.

I figured the "soap" references would do it but I guess not. The answer is Neil "Soapy" Castles, the king of the Saturday qualifying races and movie stuntman extraordinare. He got his nicname from an incident with a soap box derby car all "cheated up" with concrete blocks that took out a motorcycle cop when he ventured into Castles' racing lane and he couldn't get it stopped or turned in time.

Had to look this guy up. Just wondering why so many of us have never heard of him.

Neil "Soapy" Castles - Born October 1, 1934 in Charlotte, NC, Neil Castles competed in the Grand National and Winston Cup ranks for 19 years before retiring from the sport in l976. He was nicknamed "Soapy" from his boyhood competition in soap-box derbies. Throughout the Sixties "Soapy" was highly competitive, spending four seasons in Buck Baker's cars and finishing eighth in the point standings in l965 and ninth in the final standings in 1966. Other than those years, Castles fielded his own cars and was considered one of the leading "independents" -

Sorry guys, I figured I would let somebody else get it, rather than jump back on it........
Soap is a character, and for sure one of the pioneers of the sport. Mostly known for his red and white 06 ( some of you may have seen a young kid from Kannoplis posing by his car in the mid 70s at Charlotte motor speedway before he ran the car..... guys name was Dale Earnhardt.
At any rate........ if ya'll want, i can post another question, or we can wait until dad logs back in and he can have another go at it.

btw, if ya ever get the chance, surf around for info on him....... like I said he is quite the character.
I met once years ago..... when I was a kid. He and Buddy Baker were doin an appearance at our local track's open house. I wanted to get their autographs. Buddy infomed me he was "a professional racecar driver" and didn't have time to sign a bunch of autographs....... So as you can imagine, I never cared much for him. But Soap on the other hand, said, aw heck, Im just Neil Castles...... what ya want me to sign. He spent most of the day with us, and became a hero of mine from then on.............
in fact, funny story to do with that..... he set up at dad's table (Luke57) where dad had his models displayed..... he needed to go to the bathroom, so he left a stack of postcards.... Dad asked what if someone wants an autograph while you are gone..... Soap just grinned and said, well, you can spell Soap can't ya.........lol.

Sorry if my questions have gone a lil too far back..... This question will be more current.

This driver was the 5th overall Lucky Dog recipient, but he went on to win the race.......... The first to do so.

Kyle Busch Phoenix November 2005

I am going out of town for a couple of days and if this answer is right I am appointing Kelloggs5 to ask a question for me since I won't have Internet in a cabin in Pigeon Forge. (she's going to kill me. LOL)

I want to say it was Benny Parsons. I know he won a few races there.
MRM, Andy either doesn't know how to play the Nascar Trivia game or is trying to sabotage it.

So I will confirm that you are correct with your answer of Benny Parsons. Your go.

Who won the first restrictor plate race after Bobby Allison almost went into the stands at Talladega?

T. Woods must not be interested in playing Nascar Trivia. It has been 10 days and he hasn't asked a question.

Anyone can ask the next Trivia question.

OK, i will ask the next question.

Which driver has the most wins at Martinsville?

Depending on which story you believe, either drove or worked on the family's cabs.

Back
Top Bottom