Nascar Trivia

There has been a LOT of stock car racing movies, most of them pretty bad. What word has shown up most in the titles?

That would be it.......Thunder in Carolina..Thunder in Dixie...Thunder Alley... Days of Thunder.... Your turn.

How many times in Nascar History has a driver won the last race of the season and the Championship? Who was the last one?

How many times in Nascar History has a driver won the last race of the season and the Championship? Who was the last one?

The first part I don't know.

The second part -- Jeff Gordon won the 1998 Winston Cup Championship in convincing fashion, taking the championship points lead at Sonoma in June and he never looked back. Gordon collected a remarkable 13 wins (and that is a modern-era record) beginning in February at Rockingham in the second race of the year. He won three of the last four Winston Cup races, including the last two races of the season, and carried the momentium through the offseason to pick up his 3rd straight Winston Cup win in the 41st Daytona 500.

6 times.

Last time 98' Jeff Gordon @ Atlanta
71' - Richard Petty @ College Station
65' - Ned Jarret @ Moyock
57' - Buck Baker @ Greensboro
56' - Buck Baker @ Wilson
55' - Tim Flock @ Hillsboro

6 times.

Last time 98' Jeff Gordon @ Atlanta
71' - Richard Petty @ College Station
65' - Ned Jarret @ Moyock
57' - Buck Baker @ Greensboro
56' - Buck Baker @ Wilson
55' - Tim Flock @ Hillsboro

You are correct. Your time to ask a question.

Jeremy Mayfield has won five Cup races in his racing career. He had one season where he won more than one race. What year was it and what were the tracks that he won at that year?

One of the prominent current Cup teams has never had a driver win the All-Star race. Which team is that?

There was only one points paying Cup race in which Dale Earnhardt, Dale Earnhardt Jr., & Kerry Earnhardt competed together. What year & what track?

Which of these 3 drivers had the most wins after the first 119 races of their career.

Kyle Busch
Kurt Busch
Dale, Jr

Which of these 3 drivers had the most wins after the first 119 races of their career.

Kyle Busch
Kurt Busch
Dale, Jr

In their first 119 starts.....

Kurt Busch had 8 wins. He did win again though on start 120 @ Bristol in 2004.

Kyle Busch had 5 wins.

Dale Earnhardt Jr had 8 wins.

Just curios, why 119?

What was the first year that the All-Star Race was run under the lights @ Charlotte?
My memory isn't so good in my old age but i will say 1993.

I seen the very first practice under the lights. Some of the drivers were a little leery of driving Lowes under the lights, but can't remember if it was 1991 or 1992.

My memory isn't so good in my old age but i will say 1993.

I seen the very first practice under the lights. Some of the drivers were a little leery of driving Lowes under the lights, but can't remember if it was 1991 or 1992.

1993, not correct. More info that will clinch it for you.....

Davey Allison and Kyle Petty battled on the last lap, and crashing crossing the finish line. Allison won the race, but spent the evening in the hospital rather than victory lane.

Yeah, it was 1992.

I went to the 1991 race when Davey Allison lead the whole race thanks to an advantage the Fords had over the other makes, I was living in Charlotte those years.

Who was the last foreign born driver to win a Sprint Cup race, excluding JPM's win? Also name the track and country the driver was from.

Rules are rules???????? This is a Na$car thread, rules are written in pencil. Don'tcha know?:D:D:D:D:D:D

New Jersey Motorsports Park hosts ARCA and NASCAR's Grand-Am Series and is up for consideration for a Nationwide or Truck date in 2010. If they recieve a race, it would be NASCAR's first visit to New Jersey since August 8, 1998 when Terry Cook won at Flemington.

When is the last time the NASCAR Winston Cup Series visited New Jersey, and who won the final race at New Jersey?

This isn't part of the question, just want to test some knowledge here. What safety innovation, adopted by NASCAR, was Flemington Speedway famous for?

When is the last time the NASCAR Winston Cup Series visited New Jersey, and who won the final race at New Jersey?

Was it in 1972 @ Trenton Speedway with winning driver, Bobby Allison?

This isn't part of the question, just want to test some knowledge here. What safety innovation, adopted by NASCAR, was Flemington Speedway famous for?

Initiated the use of foam blocks to soften the impact of crashes.

Back
Top Bottom