Nascar Trivia

How many times in the history of NASCAR has the winner of the All-Star race went on to win the 600? Name the drivers and the years. :idunno:

How many times in the history of NASCAR has the winner of the All-Star race went on to win the 600? Name the drivers and the years. :idunno:
The Trivia requires that the person that asks the question must confirm the answer, otherwise the Trivia will get out of control.......ok, continue now.

The Trivia requires that the person that asks the question must confirm the answer, otherwise the Trivia will get out of control.......ok, continue now.

I'm not quite sure what your issues are but I answered a question. The answer was confirmed on post #2840. I moved on with another question. If you bother to go back and read the previous posts, you'd already know this.

I'll withdraw my question for you, muggle not. You're up.

I'm not quite sure what your issues are but I answered a question. The answer was confirmed on post #2840. I moved on with another question. If you bother to go back and read the previous posts, you'd already know this.

I'll withdraw my question for you, muggle not. You're up.
I asked a question. Andy and you gave an answer. I didn't confirm the answer yet Andy continued with another question.

Your current question will stand. I am just pointing out the rules of the Trivia. No big deal!!

I am leaving on vacation and will not be able to respond to anyone's answer so the answer is.....

6 times someone has won both races in the same year.

Nobody has done it twice.

2008 Kasey Kahne
2003 Jimmie Johnson
1997 Jeff Gordon
1993 Dale Earnhardt
1991 Davey Allison
1985 Darrell Waltrip - inaugural event

This question is related to the 2010 NASCAR season. Can anyone name the driver that scored the most points, had the best average finish, and the most top 10's?

This question is related to the 2010 NASCAR season. Can anyone name the driver that scored the most points, had the best average finish, and the most top 10's?

Well, under the current rules, Jimmie Johnson scored the most points.

1. Jimmie Johnson 6622
2. Denny Hamlin 6583
3. Kevin Harvick 6581

Numbers don't lie.

As for who had the best average finish, and most top tens, Kevin Harvick.

Kevin Harvick?

Ding, Ding, Ding! You are correct.....

When adding the actual points over the 36 points paying races Kevin Harvick accumulated 5274 points for the season while his closest competitor accumulated 4989 points.

Kevin Harvick finished the season with an average finish of 8.667 which eclipsed by far his closest competitor by more than 3 positions.

Kevin Harvick finished the season with 26 top 10 finishes for the season which was three more than his closest competitor.

Congrats, you're up. :beerbang:

Ding, Ding, Ding! You are correct.....

When adding the actual points over the 36 points paying races Kevin Harvick accumulated 5274 points for the season while his closest competitor accumulated 4989 points.

Kevin Harvick finished the season with an average finish of 8.667 which eclipsed by far his closest competitor by more than 3 positions.

Kevin Harvick finished the season with 26 top 10 finishes for the season which was three more than his closest competitor.

Congrats, you're up. :beerbang:

Jeff Gordon would have 6 if they hadn't changed the rules in the middle on him. LOL

Ok hmmmmm

What was the original name of NASCAR?
It has always been National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing. The name was coined by Red Vogt at the very first meeting in 1948. The first year Bill Sr. had NASCAR broken down into three divisions. "Strictly Stock" was the main division and Modifieds and Roadsters were the support divisions.

If you want the other racing series that Bill Sr. ran, prior to his forming NASCAR, there were two as I recall. One was SCARS (Stock Car Auto Racing Society). I forget the other one but if given enough time I could dig it out of my records. But those two were NOT NASCAR, but rather separate racing series.

RE: National Championship Stock Car Series

Correct, your turn.
Could I get a source, please?

According to Forty years of Stock Car Racing - The Beginning 1949-1958 (page 5) - GREG FIELDEN, Galfield Press 1988, Bill France, in 1947 directed a racing series called National Championship Stock Car Circuit (NCSCC). He also staged events under the Stock Car Auto Racing Society (SCARS). Neither one was connected to NASCAR.

The name France originally wanted was National Stock Car Racing Association (NSCRA) but a small racing series in Georgia already had that name, making incorporation impossible. As I stated, Red Vogt came up with NASCAR at the very first meeting in December, 1947. NASCAR's letter of incorporation is dated 21 February, 1948 and its first race was run June, 1949, so NASCAR has never run under any other name than National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing Ref: The Stock Car Racing Encyclopedia (Introduction, pages xi &xii) -Golenbopck and Fielden, McMillan Publishers, 1997

Could I get a source, please?

According to Forty years of Stock Car Racing - The Beginning 1949-1958 (page 5) - GREG FIELDEN, Galfield Press 1988, Bill France, in 1947 directed a racing series called National Championship Stock Car Circuit (NCSCC). He also staged events under the Stock Car Auto Racing Society (SCARS). Neither one was connected to NASCAR.

The name France originally wanted was National Stock Car Racing Association (NSCRA) but a small racing series in Georgia already had that name, making incorporation impossible. As I stated, Red Vogt came up with NASCAR at the very first meeting in December, 1947. NASCAR's letter of incorporation is dated 21 February, 1948 and its first race was run June, 1949, so NASCAR has never run under any other name than National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing Ref: The Stock Car Racing Encyclopedia (Introduction, pages xi &xii) -Golenbopck and Fielden, McMillan Publishers, 1997

Wikipedia.

Here's the source information: Fielden, Greg (2005). "The National Championship Stock Car Circuit". In Editors of Consumer Guide. NASCAR: A Fast History. Lincolnwood, Illinois: Publications International Ltd.. p. 15. ISBN 1-4127-1155-X.

Wikipedia.

Here's the source information: Fielden, Greg (2005). "The National Championship Stock Car Circuit". In Editors of Consumer Guide. NASCAR: A Fast History. Lincolnwood, Illinois: Publications International Ltd.. p. 15. ISBN 1-4127-1155-X.
Thanks Andy. I'll look it up.

I'll take it up but this one is easy and everyone probably who has followed NASCAR for twenty years or so and has a knowledge of NASCAR history probably knows it off the tops of their heads ...

When was the first night race NASCAR held on a superspeedway?
Track?
Date?
Winner?

Hint: This track was also the site of one of NASCAR's more humorous reasons for a car to leave the racing surface, in its inaugural race.

May 16, 1992 at the Charlotte All Star race. Davey Allison was the winner and went to the hospital rather than victory lane. Bruton Smith brought in portable lighting for the event.

May 16, 1992 at the Charlotte All Star race. Davey Allison was the winner and went to the hospital rather than victory lane. Bruton Smith brought in portable lighting for the event.
Nope. That is what I expected a lot of folks to say but that date isn't really close.

I'll take it up but this one is easy and everyone probably who has followed NASCAR for twenty years or so and has a knowledge of NASCAR history probably knows it off the tops of their heads ...

When was the first night race NASCAR held on a superspeedway?
Track?
Date?
Winner?

Hint: This track was also the site of one of NASCAR's more humorous reasons for a car to leave the racing surface, in its inaugural race.

Daytona
October 17th 1998
Jeff Gordon

unless of course you mean Superspeedway in the meaning of the term not used now

Daytona
October 17th 1998
Jeff Gordon

unless of course you mean Superspeedway in the meaning of the term not used now

The race was moved to October because of the massive fires in the Daytona/Jacksonville area that summer. DIS was used as a massive staging area for firefighters.

The other one that was moved months past it's run date was the 2001 New England 300... who can forget that? The race being run on Black Friday -- Robby Gordon knocking Jeffy out of the way to take the lead. Gordon retaliated under caution and was black flagged while Robby took the win.

The race was moved to October because of the massive fires in the Daytona/Jacksonville area that summer. DIS was used as a massive staging area for firefighters.

The other one that was moved months past it's run date was the 2001 New England 300... who can forget that? The race being run on Black Friday -- Robby Gordon knocking Jeffy out of the way to take the lead. Gordon retaliated under caution and was black flagged while Robby took the win.
Froze my arse off at that one.Not a fan of November racing in New Hampshire.

September19,1953
220 mile Modified Sportsman Race.
Raleigh Speedway
Buddy Shuman
I'm going to give it to you because you have the correct track but I think you've got the race and date wrong.

According to my records, the first night NASCAR race held under the lights on a superspeedway was 8/201955 at the 1 mile paved Raleigh Speedway. Race was won by Herb Thomas in a '55 Buick Special.

If they ran modified sportsman race in 1953 (I don't have any record of that) then I think they ran it with temporary lighting because, according to Raleigh Speedwat records the lighting wasn't erected until around June, 1955. -Stock Car Racing Encyclopedia-GOLENBOCK and FIELDEN.

Up until Daytona was built in 1959, any non-road track a mile or longer in length was termed by NASCAR as a "Superspeedway" and were promoted as such. If you ever see any old posters for Darlington's NASCAR races you'll se that it is billed as a "Superspeedway."

The humorous incident I cited was that Raleigh was the track where Tim Flock, while running second t to his brother, Fonty, had to pull off the track to eject a monkey, Flocko Jocko, which he was carrying around in the car as a promotional gimmick (God, I hope Brian France never thinks about something like this!) after the monkey broke its tether and almost caused Flock to wreck.

I'll now past the baton to you and will wait to see what type of good trivia question you come up with...

Back
Top Bottom