Nascar Trivia

Actually, I knew that one too! SPEED just aired a segment on that race so it was pretty fresh in my mind.

Great Question, none the less!

Aiight it's been 11 days or so I guess Bobby Ford's is busy so i'll ask the next question & make it easy:

This driver drove at Indianapolis prior to NASCAR, he failed to finish in his rookie start & got a ride back to the pitlane on a "Yellow Submarine". Who is he?

To embelish a bit,

Tim Richmond hitched a ride back to the pits on race Winner Johnny Rutherfords Yellow Chaparral first of the Ground Effects Indy cars and known as the Yellow Submarine. That car was the fastest thing at Indy all month long.

To embelish a bit,

Tim Richmond hitched a ride back to the pits on race Winner Johnny Rutherfords Yellow Chaparral first of the Ground Effects Indy cars and known as the Yellow Submarine. That car was the fastest thing at Indy all month long.

Great Question and interesting answer. I knew that TR ran at INDY but I didn't know that JR's car was called Yellow Submarine. Thanks for the edumication!

Not a bad looking car either, yeah Richmond was a popular guy at the speedway after that 1980 race...

Time for another question:

Alan Kulwicki won the Championship in 1992.

Who was Alan's Crew Chief?

Paul Andrews..... Although I don't think that Kulwicki even needed a crew chief. He seemed like he could have handled those duties as well. ;)

Paul Andrews actually worked for Rusty Wallace back in Rustys ASA days. When Rusty went to NASCAR Paul got out of racing for a couple years then Rusty recomended him to Alan Kulwicki when Alan first went Cup racing.

Guess robbybee doesn't want to sign off on my answer? I'm going to ask the next one anyhow.....

Out of all of the drivers that have competed to date in the Chase races as part of the Chase lineup of drivers, this driver has the best average finish. Name the driver.

Sorry, DP! You were, of course, correct! And you are also correct in saying that Alan really didn't need a crew chief!

As to your question, I know that Jimmie-Chad is the only driver to have been in all 8 Chases but I would think that the answer is probably a driver who has NOT appeared in all 8. Fewer races, thus the probability of a higher average finish.

I'll say...

Greg Biffle

I'm currently stumped but still calculating......I thought it was Biff also :confused:

nope..... sorry. Jr. is ranked #12. Man, I didn't think that this would be that hard. You all may be thinking too hard about this. I have to go on my afternoon commute, I'll check back later. Good luck.

Again, this is the driver with the best average finish in the Chase, competing in the Chase as a Chase participant.

Nope..... T. Woods guessed that yesterday.

Hint..... This driver had a very close business connection with your guess though.

I'm going to guess Mark Martin. You said they had a close business relationship, well Truex Jr has only made one Chase & finished 11th & this year is the Kes 1st Chase. If it ain't Martin then I guess i'll have to spend the time calculating all the finishes to find out...

heheheheeeheeheeeheeehhehehehe this one has ruined my calculator and fried my brain cells......sombody answer it soon so we can move on.

Hell of a question dpk!

Apparently this is turning out to be an unintentional trick question or you all are trying to make this much harder than it needs to be. After this upcoming race @ NH the answer is bound to change anyhow so I'll give you the answer.

The original question..... Out of all of the drivers that have competed to date in the Chase races as part of the Chase lineup of drivers, this driver has the best average finish. Name the driver.

To date, 23 different drivers have competed in the Chase. All but one driver has competed in 10 or more Chase races. One and only one driver has competed in a single race as a Chase driver and he has an average finish of 5th. That driver is Brad Keselowski. So..... Put your calculator away Restrictor Plate King!. Since you're the only one that even mentioned his name, you're up next.

Here's the list of drivers that have participated in the Chase and their average finish to date.

6171923554_9ef78be059_b.jpg

ALL Bow to DP the Master of the Game :booya:

and a big duuuuuuuuh for me for failing to check the obvious :eek:

That was a great question! I knew it had to be somebody who had only competed in a small number of races - but I never considered the obvious.
Well Done!! :beerbang:

There was an article on NASCAR.com about RCR moving crew members from Bowyers team over to Harvick, with that my question is this: In a particular season finale within the last 30 years, the 2nd place man in points heading into that final race borrowed a car from another team just for that race. What year was it, who was that driver & what team did they borrow a car from?

Just as a WAG I'll say Darrell Waltrip borrowed one of Neil Bonnet's cars while they both where on Jr Johnson's team????????????????????

Neil had a real issue with old DW if I remember right ;)

Not DW, i'll only say that this drivers sponsor was something you could buy from your local grocer supermarket & consume without dying. Now here's what you have to think about, heading into the final race of the year, this driver still had a shot at the title & he was sponsored by something humanly consumable. Last 30 years is from 1981 to now & no, not Darrell Waltrip. That I think should narrow it down...

K another clue & this one along with the others should be a dead giveaway, he's never won a championship in the Craftsman Trucks, Busch Series, or Winston Cup Series...

We have a winner & since no one will probably know about the car Roush borrowed, i'll educate you all. Dale Earnhardt grabbed the points lead from Martin at the race prior, the Checker 500k at Phoenix. He won that race by leading from lap 50 to 312 after early leader Rusty Wallace had some issue's. With that he headed into the season ending Atlanta Journal 500 with a slim points lead & as the defending champion of that race so Martin & Roush figured they were done & rightfully so. In an effort to try to get the best finish possible, Jack Roush borrowed a car from Robert Yates & re-skinned it in Folgers colors. Of course as you all know it didn't work out & Mark lost by 26 points. Those 46 points at Richmond proved to be costly but let's say that Martin didn't lose those points, & Dale Sr didn't hit that debris on the final lap of the Daytona 500. They'd have tied & Dale Sr would've won because he had the most wins...

Back
Top Bottom