Nascar Trivia

At one time a team changed an engine during a race in 12 Minutes who was it?

Sure, I'll throw a question out there.....

This unique track was a mile in length and featured no straightaways. What track was it?

Langhorne Speedway Pennsylvania.

What is the name of the sprint car owner who gave Kasey Kahne his first break, also what other drivers did he have?

What is the name of the sprint car owner who gave Kasey Kahne his first break, also what other drivers did he have?
If you are talking Cup, it was Ray Evernham who wooed Kasey away from Ford and Kasey took over for Bill Elliott. Jeremy Mayfield was one of Rays drivers and so was Elliott Sadler after that.

If you are talking Cup, it was Ray Evernham who wooed Kasey away from Ford and Kasey took over for Bill Elliott. Jeremy Mayfield was one of Rays drivers and so was Elliott Sadler after that.

Nope I meant sprint cars not Sprint Cup, sorry if that wasn't clear.

You

Your question will be considered legitimate as FIFlash has not responded and posted a question. Please confirm or deny the answer by MOEJOE. Anyone interested in getting this thread moving again?

Sorry I lost interest because questions where becomeing less and less related to NASCAR Cup/NW/Truck racing and being dug up from who knows where, No Fun and doing internet searchs is BOREING.

Nope I meant sprint cars not Sprint Cup, sorry if that wasn't clear.
Many newcomers here to the Trivia thread, so a few guidelines from the past. Questions are supposed to be related to Nascar "Cup" racing, not Nationwide, Trucks, INDY, etc. (and yes there is a reason) Also, one question. If multi-part questions are asked it should be one main question and the other parts would be considered a bonus "only" for getting them correct but the correct answer to the main question would get the person the right to post the next question.

Many newcomers here to the Trivia thread, so a few guidelines from the past. Questions are supposed to be related to Nascar "Cup" racing, not Nationwide, Trucks, INDY, etc. (and yes there is a reason) Also, one question. If multi-part questions are asked it should be one main question and the other parts would be considered a bonus "only" for getting them correct but the correct answer to the main question would get the person the right to post the next question.
It is related to NASCAR. That seems like an unnecessary restriction anyway because when you call it NASCAR it should mean all NASCAR not just Cup if so the title should be Sprint Cup Trivia.

It is related to NASCAR. That seems like an unnecessary restriction anyway because when you call it NASCAR it should mean all NASCAR not just Cup if so the title should be Sprint Cup Trivia.
kkfan - These are the rules from 2004 when the Trivia was first started.......Rules: Questions can only be on Nascar Cup racing. The person that lists the question must confirm the answer of the person quessing correctly before that person lists his question.

FIFlash - It is your go.

kkfan - These are the rules from 2004 when the Trivia was first started.......Rules: Questions can only be on Nascar Cup racing. The person that lists the question must confirm the answer of the person quessing correctly before that person lists his question.

FIFlash - It is your go.

After 8 years shouldn't the rules be refreshed to avoid the same general stuf again and again?

After 8 years shouldn't the rules be refreshed to avoid the same general stuf again and again?
KK - if you can't think of a question, then don't play the Trivia. It has endured 8 years because of it being restricted to Nascar Cup. This is not a "RACING TRIVIA" that covers all racing. Stop complaining and play the game or let others play.

FIFlash has declined to post a question, so anyone can now make the post.

Buckaroo, you should be able to come up with a good question.

Name that driver.....

During the creation of the Daytona Speedway, Lake Loyd was the result of the massive amount of earth needed in the construction of Daytona's high banks. This 29-acre lake running along the backstretch produced fear in many drivers minds as several cars had gone into the water since the track opened in 1959. One driver, fearful of the possibility of wrecking and being trapped upside down in the water had a scuba diving mask and oxygen tank installed behind the seat of his race car prior to his running of the Daytona 500. Who was he?

I'll take one more guess then let some others try their luck.

Cotton Owens?

btw, good question.

KK - if you can't think of a question, then don't play the Trivia. It has endured 8 years because of it being restricted to Nascar Cup. This is not a "RACING TRIVIA" that covers all racing. Stop complaining and play the game or let others play.

FIFlash has declined to post a question, so anyone can now make the post.

Buckaroo, you should be able to come up with a good question.

Your right its NASCAR trivia which gives no indication that it can not be anything related to NASCAR.

Correct..... you're up anyway.

OOOkay,
At the Charlotte fall race in 1983 Richard Petty was credited with Win #198 after failing post race tech for an OVERSIZE engine he was and still is credited with the Win. He was fined $35,000 and 104 points.
How BIG WAS the Engine?
Bonus points for who SHOULD have Won?

OOOkay,
At the Charlotte fall race in 1983 Richard Petty was credited with Win #198 after failing post race tech for an OVERSIZE engine he was and still is credited with the Win. He was fined $35,000 and 104 points.
How BIG WAS the Engine?
Bonus points for who SHOULD have Won?

It was a 383, and Maurice soaked the tires.

Who should have won, I do not know. YouTube here I come.

It was a 383, and Maurice soaked the tires.

Who should have won, I do not know. YouTube here I come.

You got it 382 383 384 Whatever it takes ;) on the last stop Petty's crew mounted left side tires on the right side pretty much the same thing as soaked tires.
Waltrip finished second but had some questionable issue's also ( damn dat Jr. Johnson :D )
Good old Benny Parson's finished an honest 3rd and in MY OPINION should have been declared the Winner or at least got 1st place money!

Your Up!!!

I've been ignoring this for a while. Here we go....

Bill France convened a meeting of thirty-five of automobile racing's most influential people on ____________
at the __________ Hotel in Daytona Beach Florida.

Name the date and hotel to win. NO winner if both are not answered correctly.

But then I can't give you the prize. It's a new corvette zr1. You will have to cut it in half to split with the party that comes up with the name of said hotel.

But then I can't give you the prize. It's a new corvette zr1. You will have to cut it in half to split with the party that comes up with the name of said hotel.
That's cool. Whoever gets the hotel can buy the gas. I'll drive. :)

Heck, I'll even let them wash it.

Back
Top Bottom