Nascar Trivia

OOpps, I havent been paying attention :oops:

Who holds the Closed Course Speed Record?
Bonus cookies for:
How Fast?
Where?
In what vehicle?

Bonus cookies for:
How Fast?
Where?
In what vehicle?

AJ Foyt, although I'm not sure if he's the officially recognized record holder.

Can't give you exactly how fast without looking it up. 250-something. Did it at a test track in Ft. Stockton, TX. in a Quad 4 Olds Aerotech,

Don't want to squash anything here, but the title of the thread is NASCAR Trivia. If what ol' AJ was testing was for NASCAR, then okay. Just sayin'.

AJ Foyt, although I'm not sure if he's the officially recognized record holder.

Can't give you exactly how fast without looking it up. 250-something. Did it at a test track in Ft. Stockton, TX. in a Quad 4 Olds Aerotech,

It's the one I recognize anyway! 1989 Super Tex ran 257.123 MPH thats haulin the Coyote! The car was a streamlined Foyt Coyote with a Killer Oldsmobile Turbocharged Intercooled and Steroided 4cyl.
Your Up James!

Alright, I'll bring it back into the NASCAR world.

Who was the last Cup Series winner to lap the field in victory (as in only car on the lead lap at the finish)?

Bonus cookies for:
How Fast?
Where?
In what vehicle?

Rusty Wallace had a closed course practice at Talledega without a restrictor plate. He ran an average lap of 216+. The vehicle was a 2000 Taurus.

Who was the last Cup Series winner to lap the field in victory (as in only car on the lead lap at the finish)?

Geoff Bodine, 1994 North Wilksboro? I know it's been done but I believe this was the last time.

Hey don't forget AJ has 8 NASCAR Wins including the Daytona 500 in 72? along with 4 Indy 500 Wins, a 24hr of Lemans Win 2 IROC Championships and a pile of other Championships.
i brought the closed course thing into it because many believe it's held by Bill Elliot and it's not.

Hey don't forget AJ has 8 NASCAR Wins including the Daytona 500 in 72? along with 4 Indy 500 Wins, a 24hr of Lemans Win 2 IROC Championships and a pile of other Championships.
i brought the closed course thing into it because many believe it's held by Bill Elliot and it's not.

Andretti I think was better.

TGP99, your turn.

Okay.....Under the left front headlight on a Sprint Cup there are 2 black unpainted boxes.(Looks like 2 pieces of tape) What is the 2 black lines?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332188504.440700.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332188504.440700.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 184
they're the two horizontal lines to the left of the Wix decal, go figure
43labontecar.jpg

they're the two horizontal lines to the left of the Wix decal, go figure
43labontecar.jpg

They declare the manufacturer and part # and cannot be covered. There's only certain part #'s NASCAR approves. Robby Gordon was busted for this some time ago. Go figure......

Dodge's return to Winston Cup racing in 2001 after a 15 year abscence netted them how many wins their first season back?
Bonus: What finishing position in the season standings was their top driver that year?

A reminder, the person that gets the correct answer has the privilege of asking the next question. You only get to ask a question if you correctly answered the previous question AND the answer was confirmed by the person asking the question. :)

You are correct, your go.

4 Total (Sterling Marlin = 2 wins, Ward Burton & Bill Elliott 1 win each)

Sterling Marlin - 3rd in Winston Cup Points

It's the one I recognize anyway! 1989 Super Tex ran 257.123 MPH thats haulin the Coyote! The car was a streamlined Foyt Coyote with a Killer Oldsmobile Turbocharged Intercooled and Steroided 4cyl.
Your Up James!

Not to.high Jack. But I have a set of rods GM made for that run. I was told they made 2 sets. One was put in.the motor, other sit on.a shelf in a box till 2008 when we got them and put em.in my race car.

I have to admit, I'm lost as to what to ask next, so someone else is welcome to post the next question.

I have to admit, I'm lost as to what to ask next, so someone else is welcome to post the next question.
ok, i'll bite

when Chicagoland Speedway opened just outside of Joliet, Illinois in 2001, it became (at a minimum) the third venue in the state of Illinois to host a NASCAR Cup race

name one of the other two Illinois venues, besides Chicagoland, that has hosted a Cup race

bonus points for getting both of them

extra bonus points for telling us the race winners

Bill Elliott made his first Cup start way back on Feb. 29th, 1976. What car number did he run, what color was the car and where did he finish?

Bill Elliott made his first Cup start way back on Feb. 29th, 1976. What car number did he run, what color was the car and where did he finish?

The car was his famous number 9, I think the color was powder blue, and he finished 33rd.

Good enough. I think the color was white however, but maybe it was a really faded powder blue. Yer up.

Upon further review, both cars existed. I would guess the car from the first start was probably white.

Alright, this one may be a little tricky. What is the connection between Ricky Craven, Ron Hornaday, Randy Lajoie and Wally Dallenbach?

I can tell you that they all drove for Hendrick at one time or another. ???

Well I guess that's not wrong, but they all have a more specific connection. A hint, part of the answer does have to do with Hendrick, while another part is completely separate.

Back
Top Bottom