Nascar Trivia

Well I guess that's not wrong, but they all have a more specific connection. A hint, part of the answer does have to do with Hendrick, while another part is completely separate.
I think you either should award the correct guess to buckaroo since his answer was correct or give a stronger hint since you seem to be looking for something that only you have in your mind. :)

I think you either should award the correct guess to buckaroo since his answer was correct or give a stronger hint since you seem to be looking for something that only you have in your mind. :)

Well I don't know what you mean by that, but there is a specific and verifiable connection here. The years you'll want to look at are 1996 and 1998.

This thread was Fun when it was about factual NASCAR questions that where entertaining and relevant to the sport. The vague trivia may be interesting to some butt honestly I don't find it so.

Well, I thought it was a plenty valid question, but I guess I'll go ahead and call it off. The answer I was looking for is that Hornaday, Lajoie, and Dallenbach each filled in for Craven after he'd been injured in wrecks. Hornaday got in the Larry Hedrick 41 car at Sears Point in '96, after Cravens infamous Talledega crash (Craven made 2 laps to gain points, thus you won't find Hornaday's name in the record books), and Lajoie/Dallenbach filled in for nearly the entire '98 season when he was dealing with post concussion syndrome from a crash the previous year.

I know buckaroo won't be around for a while, so I'll leave the floor open to whoever has a question.

Well, I thought it was a plenty valid question, but I guess I'll go ahead and call it off. The answer I was looking for is that Hornaday, Lajoie, and Dallenbach each filled in for Craven after he'd been injured in wrecks. Hornaday got in the Larry Hedrick 41 car at Sears Point in '96, after Cravens infamous Talledega crash (Craven made 2 laps to gain points, thus you won't find Hornaday's name in the record books), and Lajoie/Dallenbach filled in for nearly the entire '98 season when he was dealing with post concussion syndrome from a crash the previous year.

I know buckaroo won't be around for a while, so I'll leave the floor open to whoever has a question.

Damn, I don't get stumped on many of these but you had me running all around for that one. I was actually still looking into it. You owe me some coffee

Damn, I don't get stumped on many of these but you had me running all around for that one. I was actually still looking into it. You owe me some coffee
The object of the Topic is to have fun and learn a little about Nascar facts. Jameswnh post was a legitimate question but there were more than one correct answer, so, probably any answer that was correct should have been given the credit. please continue to play the game Jameswnh.

Ok, I will post a question, albeit an easy one, since the topic was left open:

What driver had the most wins in a season without winning the Championship.

The object of the Topic is to have fun and learn a little about Nascar facts. Jameswnh post was a legitimate question but there were more than one correct answer, so, probably any answer that was correct should have been given the credit. please continue to play the game Jameswnh.

Ok, I will post a question, albeit an easy one, since the topic was left open:

What driver had the most wins in a season without winning the Championship.

Richard Petty 18 wins in 1970 Bobby Isaac won with 11

Of Kasey Kahne's 13 career wins how many have been on a Monday, year and track.

Not sure if this one has been posted already but I'll throw it out there anyway.

Name the driver who won a Cup race under caution without having led any green-flag laps.

Bonus points for naming the track and the year it happened.

close but no cigar

it's Bill Murray from Caddyshack

Oh Dang! I knew it was Caddy Shack wrong favorite actor though!

" There's a force in the Universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen and be the ball.
Just be the ball, be the ball, be the ball. You're not being the ball Danny" Chevy Chase.

Not sure if this one has been posted already but I'll throw it out there anyway.

Name the driver who won a Cup race under caution without having led any green-flag laps.

Bonus points for naming the track and the year it happened.

it happened when a fifth place car stayed out under caution and took the lead; before they could go green again a big storm blew in and, viola, the race was called; luckily the winning driver didn't get his wingtip shoes wet

4624085683_21127daeaf_o.jpg

Who was the only Japanese race car driver to make a real effort to make it in cup.

Kyu Sakamoto...no wait, that was Sukiyaki. Sorry, I just had to do that. For you youngsters, google kyu and see what he did. I was in Okinawa at the time and got really tired of him. But it must have been quite different in the states.

Good question.
Hideo Fukuyama??

Right on the money, I collect official authentic autographs that I have collected myself not just bought from someone else and his was the hardest to get. Now its your turn.

Kyu Sakamoto...no wait, that was Sukiyaki. Sorry, I just had to do that. For you youngsters, google kyu and see what he did. I was in Okinawa at the time and got really tired of him. But it must have been quite different in the states.

Yea I remember him, I was training just outside of Teragawa in 64 in the Marines before shipping out to Subic Bay and then into the ****.

When & where was the last race that preceded the Daytona 500 to start the season.

Bonus points - Who won?

When & where was the last race that preceded the Daytona 500 to start the season.

Bonus points - Who won?

Riverside International, I'll say 1981. Bobby Allison was the winner. I'm not sure if that was the one that was delayed and finished just about at dark.

Riverside International, I'll say 1981. Bobby Allison was the winner. I'm not sure if that was the one that was delayed and finished just about at dark.
You are totally correct and it is now your go.

The bonus answer gets you the privilege of buying me a beer. :)

Ok, I don't think this one is as difficult as it may seem.

Junior Johnson owned cars finished 1-2 just three times. Name the four drivers who were part of them.

Haven't answered one of these in while but i'll take a shot in the dark on this one: Darrell Waltrip & Neil Bonnett sometime back in the 80's when they drove the Bud Monte Carlo's & then Jimmy Spencer & Bill Elliott at the Talladega DieHard 500 back in 94...

OK, Ok, ok...I'm getting into this thread late so...(maybe this is too easy...just playing along)

Two primarily Indy Car drivers won the Daytona 500...A.J. Foyt and Mario Andretti.

Who won it first and for what car owner(s) did they win it for?

(no googling :))

P.S. - what other major championship race win did one of them have on his resume?

A.J Foyt won it first driving for Ansted Thompson in 1964. He also has a 24 Hour of Le Man to his credit....67' or 69' I beleive.

Back
Top Bottom