Nascar Trivia

what is the total number of auto manufacturers to have one of their car models compete in a cup race since 1949?

18 Manufacturers' (30 If you count each brand as a manufacturer)
61 Name Plates

Most successful- Chevrolet
Most Successful Nameplate- Monte Carlo

I guess I didn't explain this well enough. There were more than 18 manufacturer nameplates.

Example: GM had many manufacturer nameplates in nascar, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, etc, but never entered a 'GM' nameplate. Ford had Mercury, Lincoln, etc, and the Ford nameplate entered in nascar races. They are listed in nascar's stats, and they all count.

I guess I didn't explain this well enough. There were more than 18 manufacturer nameplates.

Example: GM had many manufacturer nameplates in nascar, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, etc, but never entered a 'GM' nameplate. Ford had Mercury, Lincoln, etc, and the Ford nameplate entered in nascar races. They are listed in nascar's stats, and they all count.

So does it help if I just reword my above post to say 30 manufacturers under 61 Nameplates?

So does it help if I just reword my above post to say 30 manufacturers under 61 Nameplates?

lol I'll get back to you on that. 30 may be right, but I'm not quite done yet. :D

Ok, you win and ask the next question.

Some confusing stuff happens in the car industry, like Rover ordering Acura legend parts from Honda, building Sterlings and selling them under that manufacturer name. I'll post a list of what I have and you can compare it to your list.

I have 33 manufacturers or makes, or brands. You win.

Which of these did you have? Austin Healey, MG, Triumph, Edsel, DeSoto, Renault, Goliath and Citreon.

I do not have Renault, Goliath or Citroen. We all know there's only been truely 1 worthy of mention though;)

At the exit of the garage before going on to the track (sometimes on pit road during practice) a Sprint Cup car passes through two black boxes that are on the ground. What is the purpose of these boxes? (Hint: Other series including ARCA uses these also.)

At the exit of the garage before going on to the track (sometimes on pit road during practice) a Sprint Cup car passes through two black boxes that are on the ground. What is the purpose of these boxes? (Hint: Other series including ARCA uses these also.)
Do the boxes contain hoses or lasers or some thingy? Or are they just boxes?

To test the transponders for proper function?

They scan the tires to make sure they are event tires and record the information on the tire.
I had never heard of that. I don't want to hijack this thread with an explanation of how that works but if you could post a link or an pollination of how it works into the random thread that would be cool. A chip or something?

I had never heard of that. I don't want to hijack this thread with an explanation of how that works but if you could post a link or an pollination of how it works into the random thread that would be cool. A chip or something?

They use a the barcode and under that barcode is an RFID chip or what they refer to as "the other barcode". Here's an older article on them.

http://www.racingwest.com/news/articles/12554-goodyears-2006-nascar-tire-lease-program.html

The boxes I referred to can be seen during practices on SPEED. I could not find a picture. They replaced the handheld scanners that Goodyear officials use in 2012.

uploadfromtaptalk1354889756049.jpg

ding ding ding..we have a winner. Teams went back to the bubbletop. They showed up with the "mock" convertible looking hardtop and it was slower. Chevy was still producing the bubbletop, so they changed roofs.
chevrolet-impala-1962-2.jpg
p168630_large+1962_Chevrolet_Impala+Rear_Passenger_Side.jpg

Back
Top Bottom