Nascar Trivia

This track had a right hand dog leg in the backstretch that made the radius for turns 3&4 bigger than the radius of turns 1&2. What track was this, and who won the last race held there?

This track had a right hand dog leg in the backstretch that made the radius for turns 3&4 bigger than the radius of turns 1&2. What track was this, and who won the last race held there?

Trenton Speedway / Bobby Allison

t1.jpg

Name the driver who, after the green flag flies on Sunday, will have the most Cup starts at Watkins Glen.

No because I had internet issues -- I tried to post the answer and lo and behold my computer froze. When I came back to the thread, I saw someone already posted the answer.

And the answer is Mikey Waltrip.

I take it you mean active driver molo?

Martin, T-Labonte and M-Waltrip have 22 starts apiece and neither of those guys are in the race. The next closest to them are Gordon, Labonte and Schrader with 20 starts and only Gordon is currently active in the sport.

So after Sunday's race Gordon will have 21 starts makig him the driver with the most starts whose currently actively running.

oops, my mistake

For some reason, I was under the impression that Martin was in the 55 this weekend and that he would break the 3-way tie with Mike Waltrip and Terry Labonte.

Sooooooooooooooo, after the green flag flies Sunday there will still be a 3-way tie among Martin, Waltrip & Labonte.

To keep the game moving, I'm going with Captain Coyfish as the having the correct answer to the question.

Fire away, Captain.

Hahaha okay I wasnt aware of Martin and Labonte tieing him but thanks for giving it to me.

Anyways...

Kurt Busch was the first person to flip over in the G6 car, after his wreck at Talledega. Who was the first person to flip in the COT?

Kurt Busch was the first person to flip over in the G6 car, after his wreck at Talledega. Who was the first person to flip in the COT?

Does qualifying count ?

Michael McDowell while qualifying at Texas in 2008.

Nope! Heres a hint (meant to give it before)

The wreck was in 2007, and it was done by a driver who wasnt full time that year.

Hahaha okay I wasnt aware of Martin and Labonte tieing him but thanks for giving it to me.

Anyways...

They demolished the track to build a housing development, a planned community, like riverside raceway in SoCal

Oh and Clint Bowyer? Daytona crossing the finish line?

I think I answered correctly... Clint bowyer, car no. 07, 07 Daytona 500.. Right?

Here's a hint that may give it away -- this was the first wreck of any kind with the COT. Think about where the first wreck of any kind was with the G6...

And it isn't Casey Mears at CA huh?
The first G6 wreck was during Daytona testing this yr..

Fish you have to be more specific with your questions bro. lol

Preseason doesn't really count in the grand scheme of things.

I'll let Dun24 offically answer that question since he started it so have at it. :D

Fish you have to be more specific with your questions bro. lol

Preseason doesn't really count in the grand scheme of things.

I'll let Dun24 offically answer that question since he started it so have at it. :D
I'm at a loss. I have no idea who flipped, testing, in 2007. Take it haha

Last edited:
I'm at a loss. I have no idea who flipped, testing, in 2007. Take it haha

2007? Ok now I'm confused. lol

The G6 car is the current one, not the original COT.

I was reffering to the big wreck at testing at daytona this year that involved Brad, Logano, Gordon and a few others.

2007? Ok now I'm confused. lol

The G6 car is the current one, not the original COT.

I was reffering to the big wreck at testing at daytona this year that involved Brad, Logano, Gordon and a few others.

I thought the question was first COT flip.

I thought the question was first COT flip.

That's the one.

Near as I can figure, based on the "hints" that the Captain has given so far, this month's research project can be re-phrased as this:

Name the driver who didn't drive full time in the Cup series in 2007 but managed to roll a COT during testing at Daytona that same year.

Considering that the COT was all about driver safety, I'm surprised that there was virtually zero media coverage of the incident, assuming it actually happened . . .

Back
Top Bottom