Nascar Trivia

Alright I think I may have it. Aric Almirolla fliped in testing at daytona as a sub driver for Gibbs in 07. But it wasn't in the cot. They had a a new rollbar for those cars that year but it wasn't the car of tommorow.

That's the one.

Near as I can figure, based on the "hints" that the Captain has given so far, this month's research project can be re-phrased as this:

Name the driver who didn't drive full time in the Cup series in 2007 but managed to roll a COT during testing at Daytona that same year.

Considering that the COT was all about driver safety, I'm surprised that there was virtually zero media coverage of the incident, assuming it actually happened . . .
Yeah, mindf***ed.

That's the one.

Near as I can figure, based on the "hints" that the Captain has given so far, this month's research project can be re-phrased as this:

Name the driver who didn't drive full time in the Cup series in 2007 but managed to roll a COT during testing at Daytona that same year.

Considering that the COT was all about driver safety, I'm surprised that there was virtually zero media coverage of the incident, assuming it actually happened . . .

Molo with the tough love approach. :D

captain - give some sort of reply.

If no reply by Friday, someone else post a question.

Alright I think I may have it. Aric Almirolla fliped in testing at daytona as a sub driver for Gibbs in 07. But it wasn't in the cot. They had a a new rollbar for those cars that year but it wasn't the car of tommorow.
ITS ARIC!!!!! YOU GOT IT!!!! lol ;)

Sorry about the late answer, for some reason an alert didnt tell me people had replied to this thread so I didnt check it :p
Plus as you guys can tell I have been busy lately.

For those who dont know what I am talking about look up Aric Almirola Daytona 2007 flip.

Anyways your turn to ask a question.

And I am pretty damn sure that was COT ;)

ITS ARIC!!!!! YOU GOT IT!!!! lol ;)

Sorry about the late answer, for some reason an alert didnt tell me people had replied to this thread so I didnt check it :p
Plus as you guys can tell I have been busy lately.

For those who dont know what I am talking about look up Aric Almirola Daytona 2007 flip.

Anyways your turn to ask a question.

And I am pretty damn sure that was COT ;)

Umm is this what you are referring to?

That doesn't look like the Car of Tomorrow as it doesn't have a wing on the rear deck.

I'm pretty damn sure that the roll-over by Almirola in the video happened during Nationwide
testing.

Magoo, you've done it again . . .

Last edited:
That doesn't look like the Car of Tomorrow as it doesn't have a wing on the rear deck.

I'm pretty damn sure that the roll-over by Almirola in the video happened during Nationwide
testing.

Magoo, you've done it again . . .

Yes, Molo is correcto.

This isn''t the COT, not even close. lol

This is a testing session for the NW series. It even says Busch series on that video's description. :D

So it was Casey mears right? I remember the crash like it was yesterday...

I guess it was NW. Shiz I saw somewhere it was COT but I guess I was wrong...
So it was Casey mears right? I remember the crash like it was yesterday...
I reckon it was. That was a very odd race...

In an attempt to resurrect this thread following the confusion over the correct answer to the previous question, I'm throwing out a new question.

The first race at what was then called Atlanta International Raceway was held in 1960 and won by Fireball Roberts.

Since that time, the track was totally reconfigured, with the front stretch becoming the back stretch and the track shape changing from an oval to a quad-oval.

Name the driver that won the first race to be held at the reconfigured Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Not sure if the first race to be held at the reconfigured track was the last race of the 1997 season or the first race of the 1998 season but either way, as he won both races, the correct answer is definitely Bobby Labonte.

Fire away DUN24 . . .

I think Dale Sr won the last race on the old style in November 95 & the first race on the new style track in spring 1996.

Who is the only driver to start from the pole, lead every lap, and win at Bristol in a NWCS race?

Who was the driver of this car? (The 46, not the 24 obviously)...

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 184
Correct! Too easy I guess, lol.

You're up!
Nothing wrong in being too easy. Many of us did not know that bit of info. also, remember the Nascar Trivia is only for "Cup" racing, not Trucks or Nationwide.

Ok, back in 1990 the first 2 races of the year played a major role in the eventual outcome of the championship. So here it is: let's say Earnhardt won Daytona & a certain other driver didn't get fined at Richmond, how would the 1990 Winston Cup season have turned out?

Ok, back in 1990 the first 2 races of the year played a major role in the eventual outcome of the championship. So here it is: let's say Earnhardt won Daytona & a certain other driver didn't get fined at Richmond, how would the 1990 Winston Cup season have turned out?
Mark Martin would have won the championship. He got screwed over that year, big time.

What was the story with Martin? Didn't he win at Rockingham but they took away a bunch of points for an illegal carburetor?

Martin wouldn't have won it, remember I said let's imagine Dale Sr won Daytona. Had that happened & Martin had not been fined at Richmond, Earnhardt & Martin would've tied for the title & Sr would've won based on he had 9 wins to Martins 3. I guess I should've explained the question better so i'll post an easy followup question:
When was the last time Krispy Kreme was on a Cup car as an associate sponsor, year & driver?

Gray Gaulding isn't a WInston Cup driver & Krispy Kreme is his primary sponsor not his associate...

Grey Gaulding was like.. 8 or 9 years old in 2006.

Grey Gaulding was like.. 8 or 9 years old in 2006.

Coyfish, known for his Google prowess, musta pumped in "NASCAR Krispy Kreme" and didn't bother to look at the details of his search results.

And yeah, the kid will turn 16 next February.

Last edited:
Coyfish, known for his Google prowess, musta pumped in "NASCAR Krispy Kreme" and didn't bother to look at the details of his search results.

And yeah, the kid will turn 16 next February.
Hahahaha I laughed out loud because that's exactly what happened. I searched nascar Krispy Kreme, and I saw his car come up. It looked like a NW car from 2006ish, so that's what i said. Of course it ended up being a regional series car :p

I wanna say Ricky Craven but I'm not sure.

I'm thinking its a b list driver.

Google search? Weak. That takes the fun out of trivia.

As far as the question, any hints? What year? I'm going to say it was sometime in the 90s

Google search? Weak. That takes the fun out of trivia.

As far as the question, any hints? What year? I'm going to say it was sometime in the 90s

That is why I always try to ask obscure questions that only someone who pays attention to the sport would know. 90s trivia is my specialty. :D

Back
Top Bottom