Nationwide Race Thread -Road America

Just finished watching my DVR'd version of the race..........So this Jacques Villeneuve guy is supposed to be a Great Road Racer?

As a drive I am on JV side. It was a racing deal. That's all.
Interesting, tracks here send you to the rear for 'rough riding'. The buttheads in the booth were calling it before it happened. His attitude after the race on pit road just amplified what a a-hole he is.

Where are all the Danica haters hiding at today?

Sorry Andy, I was watching the race on delay on my dvr and I just finished it...

220px-Jacques_Villeneuve_at_Mont-Tremblant_2010_01.jpg

So... When Danica does the same thing to JV the next time, you will say the same thing.

Cool!

Then its payback and something she ment to do. Looks like he drove it in.hard and wheel hopped. It.does not seem.to me he drove it in the turn to dump her.

Its a judgement call, yes if he did that at a short track he would of went to the back. That's fine. I just don't see why everyone is pissed. Just hard racing on.the last lap. I'm no fan or the Guy I know nothing about him. Just calling it like I saw it.

We all know he's never drove it in way over his head and wrecked somebody on the last lap...... oh, except for that time at Martinsville.
WTF ? I don't like Newman , but what did he do ? Sounds like somebody wants to deflect the heat from the Mad Canadian.

Interesting, tracks here send you to the rear for 'rough riding'. The buttheads in the booth were calling it before it happened. His attitude after the race on pit road just amplified what a a-hole he is.

He wanted the spot and he took the spot. I'd rather see that happen over these guys using "strategy" to pit on the 2nd and 3rd laps to get away from the pack. What a joke that was.

I'd also rather see guys show real emotion and be assholes then have to seeMax Papis pull a Carl Edwards in his post race interview and make sure to tell me that I need to switch to Nationwide insurance if I hadn't already.

WTF ? I don't like Newman , but what did he do ? Sounds like somebody wants to deflect the heat from the Mad Canadian.

He's just saying that Newman is a hypocrite cause he's done the same stuff that Jacques has done.

and for the record I also like Newman but it's true.

The problem with Jac is he does this crap all the time. And the wheel hopping is pure BS. The wheel hop was long over and there were 2 feet between the 2 cars. Joc just let off and bumped her, like he's done time and time again.

He wanted the spot and he took the spot. I'd rather see that happen over these guys using "strategy" to pit on the 2nd and 3rd laps to get away from the pack. What a joke that was.

I'd also rather see guys show real emotion and be assholes then have to seeMax Papis pull a Carl Edwards in his post race interview and make sure to tell me that I need to switch to Nationwide insurance if I hadn't already.

So that means you wont say anything bad the next time Kurt dumps somebody?

Did you see the quote above my post??? Not deflecting nothing, my other posts on the thread sums it up. He dumped her plain and simple, IMO. I also peed a little in his post race interveiw.

You'd rather see guys just take each other out before even TRYING to make a clean pass?
I think he would like to pin a medal on anybody who prevented Danica from getting a third place finish in that field of drivers.

You'd rather see guys just take each other out before even TRYING to make a clean pass?

on the last lap? Yes. He wanted to get as many spots as possible.

Let's not kid ourselves. If Danica had dumped someone on the final lap to gain some positions everyone on the broadcast and a lot of people here would have said "she's finally racing like the big boys" "she's not letting anyone push her around" etc etc etc

I was pissed when JV punted Danica because I really was wanting to see her finish in the top 5. When she got the lead she lost in turn 5 and probably flat spotted her right front tire. If she hadn't had the slip up she would have had plenty of grip in turn 5 and could have had a top 3. I loved the fact she raced hard and great among all the ringers. I think she gained some respect out there today not only from the fans but the other drivers as well. I think all the years in Indy driving road courses paid off today.

What I saw JV do was set her up for that punt and it may have been pay back in his eyes because she was along side him when he got spun, which she had nothing to do with, but the green number 7 was the last thing he saw before he spun.

on the last lap? Yes. He wanted to get as many spots as possible.

Let's not kid ourselves. If Danica had dumped someone on the final lap to gain some positions everyone on the broadcast and a lot of people here would have said "she's finally racing like the big boys" "she's not letting anyone push her around" etc etc etc
No...we would be calling her out just like we call out any other driver for punting another driver in such an obvious manner.

Back
Top Bottom