Nationwide Race Thread -Road America

Interesting:
While Villeneuve did get off course -- the dust cloud behind his car doesn't dispute that -- it is interesting to note that while under braking after he got back on the track fully, the interval between his car and Patrick's was fairly constant until Patrick was in the corner. That's when it closed rapidly. (It's also worth noting that in eight Nationwide Series races, Villeneuve has become widely known for his propensity to make contact with others.)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nasca...leneuve-final-lap-road-225819206--nascar.html

Look for the video on YouTube, you can hear his car accelerate going in to the corner. I normally agree with Nick, but I don't here. JV ran right through her. He divebombed the corner and used her as his brake pedal. It's interesting, the week after people say Eury was wrong to make his remarks about drivers not respecting Danica and she gets spun out of a top-five finish.

"Look for the video on YouTube, you can hear his car accelerate going in to the corner."

Yep. I posted the video earlier, and it clearly shows Jaq had gotten fully under control before letting off the brakes and slamming Danica. I will say that Danica got into that turn too slow, but not enough for that reaction. If Jaq had talent, he would have turned under her, where there was plenty of room.

Interesting:
While Villeneuve did get off course -- the dust cloud behind his car doesn't dispute that -- it is interesting to note that while under braking after he got back on the track fully, the interval between his car and Patrick's was fairly constant until Patrick was in the corner. That's when it closed rapidly. (It's also worth noting that in eight Nationwide Series races, Villeneuve has become widely known for his propensity to make contact with others.)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/danica-patrick-spun-jacques-villeneuve-final-lap-road-225819206--nascar.html[/quote]

AND as soon as he made contact with the 7 car he backed off her bumper to allow her to spin and for him to pass on the inside. I've seen that move hundreds of times it's the way that talentless disrespectful drivers make pass's.

"Look for the video on YouTube, you can hear his car accelerate going in to the corner."

Yep. I posted the video earlier, and it clearly shows Jaq had gotten fully under control before letting off the brakes and slamming Danica. I will say that Danica got into that turn too slow, but not enough for that reaction. If Jaq had talent, he would have turned under her, where there was plenty of room.

She slowed down to enter the corner and he hit the gas, used her car for a brake which ********ed her otherwise flawless run and then basically said "Eff ewe" in his interview. Remember, it's not his problem so he doesn't care. :rolleyes:

Richard Cranium is a perfect name for him.

Yeah, he dumped her - plain and simple. She's not the first driver to ever get turned and she wont be the last. Welcome to the big time, Patrick.

And when she puts big boy pants on and races aggressively, everyone will whine about it. Her eye roll at the end of the interview was classic though, you could tell it's something she just put in her memory bank. I mean, look at the way McDowell repaid one of Richard's favors from last year.

And when she puts big boy pants on and races aggressively, everyone will whine about it. Her eye roll at the end of the interview was classic though, you could tell it's something she just put in her memory bank. I mean, look at the way McDowell repaid one of Richard's favors from last year.

There's now law against whining or we'd all be doing time, would we not?

I don't know if Allgaier had break or talent issues. From past incidents I'm gonna lean towards talent.:D

Allgaier's won races at Springfield, Talladega, Bristol, Pocono, Toledo and the New Jersey road course (which many road course regulars have said is one of the most difficult and technical courses in America). I'd hardly say he doesn't have talent. :rolleyes:

Allgaier's won races at Springfield, Talladega, Bristol, Pocono, Toledo and the New Jersey road course (which many road course regulars have said is one of the most difficult and technical courses in America). I'd hardly say he doesn't have talent. :rolleyes:

I never said he didn't have talent. Although I'd say this year he's been a little off his game. He had no issues with the brakes the rest of the day and I don't think a trip to the gravel trap would've fixed them which leads me to think he got in a little over his head.

Basically Tony Stewart said the same thing . Any driver can spin out the driver ahead of him by dive bombing into the corner . But doing that shows a lack of class and a lack of ability . It'll be interesting to see who does it in today's race.

I never said he didn't have talent. Although I'd say this year he's been a little off his game. He had no issues with the brakes the rest of the day and I don't think a trip to the gravel trap would've fixed them which leads me to think he got in a little over his head.

A lot of drivers had issues in turn five. Unlike Cranium speeding up going in to the corner to wreck Danica, I don't think Allgaier intended to wreck Kurt. He got in hot but you could see he was trying to slow down. I know Fender will not agree with me but it's not in Allgaier's nature to wreck a guy.

The only incident that looked intentional was JV dumping Danica and that's because you can clearly tell he was accelerating in a brake zone.

Did anyone else notice that Allgaier tends to burn up his equiptment? He was racing too hard too early, then he got way out of the racing groove and tried to brake extra hard on bare pavement.

Basically Tony Stewart said the same thing . Any driver can spin out the driver ahead of him by dive bombing into the corner . But doing that shows a lack of class and a lack of ability . It'll be interesting to see who does it in today's race.

Boris Said.

By the end of todays race, people will have all but forgotten about Jack Newtown.

A lot of drivers had issues in turn five. Unlike Cranium speeding up going in to the corner to wreck Danica, I don't think Allgaier intended to wreck Kurt. He got in hot but you could see he was trying to slow down. I know Fender will not agree with me but it's not in Allgaier's nature to wreck a guy.

The only incident that looked intentional was JV dumping Danica and that's because you can clearly tell he was accelerating in a brake zone.

I don't think he was trying to wreck Kurt, one he has no reason cause that incident at Dover was what we call racing and second you don't take shots like that at guys unless you're mentally on stable. There's just been a couple incidents this year where Justin hasn't been himself. Now, as far as the incident JV didn't leave much question about that. He squared her up pretty good for someone "wheel hopping"

Apparently there is some speculation whether Hack Villeneuve intentionally dumped Danica or not. However after the camera and mic was put in his face there is absolutely no speculation or doubt that he is a complete tool.

Apparently there is some speculation whether Hack Villeneuve intentionally dumped Danica or not. However after the camera and mic was put in his face there is absolutely no speculation or doubt that he is a complete tool.
"Pappis put me in the grass and I couldn't slow down because of that." Really Jaques? Sure, you were in the grass for a sec, but waaaaay before you dumped Danica.

I don't think he was trying to wreck Kurt, one he has no reason cause that incident at Dover was what we call racing and second you don't take shots like that at guys unless you're mentally on stable. There's just been a couple incidents this year where Justin hasn't been himself. Now, as far as the incident JV didn't leave much question about that. He squared her up pretty good for someone "wheel hopping"

When Brad came to Penske and started winning races, Justin started racing him like a dick and cost him a shot at a couple of wins. His jealousy got so bad, he started running all over Brad while he was on that 'protect the golden boy' probation. He went out of his way to block Brad while waving others through.

When Justin lost his sponsor, he moved to Turner. When Trevor Bayne started to beat him, he started running into him to the point that Trevor called him out publicly.
Last year, Sorenson was showing him up and had a shot at the title. Justin ran into him twice and put him in the wall and took Reed out of contention.

Now, Nelson Piquet jumps into a Turner car and wins a race. When Justin was interviewed, he started to say they need to make the cars better, then caught himself because his teammate won in the same equiptment. I think Justin has reached his talent ceiling and won't go much further unless he rethinks what he's doing.

It's only the beginning of the day and not only have I forgotten about Jack Newtown, I don't even know who the hell he is.

I'm glad you said that, Iwas scratching my head.

"Pappis put me in the grass and I couldn't slow down because of that." Really Jaques? Sure, you were in the grass for a sec, but waaaaay before you dumped Danica.

Yeah, total BS. He brakes enough to leave a nice gap between him and Danica, and then nails her just as she gets on the gas. It says volumns about Jac that Papis held back because he knew exactly what Jac would do, and that would give him both spots.

Why he keeps getting in that #22 car is beyond me. He's about the last driver I'd want in my car.

When Brad came to Penske and started winning races, Justin started racing him like a dick and cost him a shot at a couple of wins. His jealousy got so bad, he started running all over Brad while he was on that 'protect the golden boy' probation. He went out of his way to block Brad while waving others through.

When Justin lost his sponsor, he moved to Turner. When Trevor Bayne started to beat him, he started running into him to the point that Trevor called him out publicly.
Last year, Sorenson was showing him up and had a shot at the title. Justin ran into him twice and put him in the wall and took Reed out of contention.

Now, Nelson Piquet jumps into a Turner car and wins a race. When Justin was interviewed, he started to say they need to make the cars better, then caught himself because his teammate won in the same equiptment. I think Justin has reached his talent ceiling and won't go much further unless he rethinks what he's doing.

Justin is one of the other guys I was talking about earlier in the thread when I said the Nationwide series has very few likeable drivers.

Just take the top 10 in the standings...

1 - Elliot Sadler - guy is a whiner on the radio who thinks he is still a cup level talent when the fact is he is barely a nationwide level talent

2 - Austin Dillion - looks like a twat with those stupid cowboy hats that he has been wearing all the time and is just another spoiled kid

3 - Ricky Stenhouse Jr. - can't stand listening to him speak or having to look at his stupid mug but thankfully those awful Ricky vs. Trevor promos aren't here this year.

4 - Sam Hornish Jr - needs to go back to Indycar so he can win another championship

5 - Cole Whitt - He's pretty good but he has shown 0 personality so far

6 - Justin Allgaier - reminds of Will Power aka looks like a whining *****

7 - Michael Annet - who? exactly.

8 - Mike Bliss - Has 0 tops 10s this year yet is still 8th in the standings. Just retire.

9 - Brian Scott- Captain douchebag. Can't wait for Gibbs to get rid of him

10 - Danica Patrick - DANICA DANICA DANICA

71 - Michael McDowell - His points don't count but he just told me to tell Jesus thanks

Justin is one of the other guys I was talking about earlier in the thread when I said the Nationwide series has very few likeable drivers.

1 - Elliot Sadler - guy is a whiner on the radio who thinks he is still a cup level talent when the fact is he is barely a nationwide level talent

2 - Austin Dillion - looks like a twat with those stupid cowboy hats that he has been wearing all the time and is just another spoiled kid

3 - Ricky Stenhouse Jr. - can't stand listening to him speak or having to look at his stupid mug but thankfully those awful Ricky vs. Trevor promos aren't here this year.

4 - Sam Hornish Jr - needs to go back to Indycar so he can win another championship

8 - Mike Bliss - Has 0 tops 10s this year yet is still 8th in the standings. Just retire.

71 - Michael McDowell - His points don't count but he just told me to tell Jesus thanks

I wonder what you think of Christmas ?

UHHHH OKAY, YA ALMOST GOT A " BURP " BUT WAS DISQUALIFIED.

You sure are hard to please, Stewy.

Lets make believe you care what I think. ;)

1 - Elliot Sadler - Elliot seems to be a classy guy who rarely throws anyone under the bus.

2 - Austin Dillion - He's very talented, and WORKED his way up to where he is. Yes, the dumb self promoting hat has to go.

3 - Ricky Stenhouse Jr. - My favorite NNS driver by far, because he's so friggin talented and humble. He also enjoys racing a little rough and doesn't roll over for the Cup drivers.

4 - Sam Hornish Jr - needs to go back to Indycar so he can win another championship (longshot). Sam has proven to me that he'll never be good at stock car racing.

5 - Cole Whitt - He's pretty good but he has shown 0 personality so far, because he never gets the chance with Danica as his teammate. Cole has impressed the hell out of me, because Pops is one tough guy for drivers who try to get their car adjusted to their liking.

6 - Justin Allgaier - Really nice guy who is starting to realize he doesn't have the talent just yet.

10 - Danica Patrick - DANICA DANICA DANICA isn't her fault. She just wants to race. I would like to see her race like she REALLY believes she belongs on the track with everyone else. She did good this week, but she still gives these other drivers too much track, and it costs her.

71 - Michael McDowell - His points don't count but he just told me to tell Jesus thanks. Annoying, but I like how he took Jac out. Too bad he didn't do a better job.

Those Dillon boys didn't have to do anything to earn those rides they got from Grandpa.

Aww contraire mon frere. Racing and winning their whole damn life. A leg up yes, but they do produce or they would not still be there.

You sure are hard to please, Stewy.

Lets make believe you care what I think. ;)

1 - Elliot Sadler - Elliot seems to be a classy guy who rarely throws anyone under the bus.

2 - Austin Dillion - He's very talented, and WORKED his way up to where he is. Yes, the dumb self promoting hat has to go.

3 - Ricky Stenhouse Jr. - My favorite NNS driver by far, because he's so friggin talented and humble. He also enjoys racing a little rough and doesn't roll over for the Cup drivers.

4 - Sam Hornish Jr - needs to go back to Indycar so he can win another championship (longshot). Sam has proven to me that he'll never be good at stock car racing.

5 - Cole Whitt - He's pretty good but he has shown 0 personality so far, because he never gets the chance with Danica as his teammate. Cole has impressed the hell out of me, because Pops is one tough guy for drivers who try to get their car adjusted to their liking.

6 - Justin Allgaier - Really nice guy who is starting to realize he doesn't have the talent just yet.

10 - Danica Patrick - DANICA DANICA DANICA isn't her fault. She just wants to race. I would like to see her race like she REALLY believes she belongs on the track with everyone else. She did good this week, but she still gives these other drivers too much track, and it costs her.

71 - Michael McDowell - His points don't count but he just told me to tell Jesus thanks. Annoying, but I like how he took Jac out. Too bad he didn't do a better job.

haha I fully admit I am hard to please FB but I do enjoy debating this stuff. Some of these guys just worry me because they are "the future" and so far I'm not happy about seeing a lot of these guys/gal in the Cup series.

I do agree with you about Ricky, Austin and Whitt. All 3 of them definitely have shown they have what it takes to drive these cars and they can be fun to watch and I do think all 3 will do well enough in the Cup series. I like Cole Whitt the most out of those 3 but I'm hoping the others win me over at some point.

I agree with you about Sam, he just doesn't have it at this level. I just miss him in Indycars cause he was one of my favorites over there.

Justin Allgaier seems like he wants you to think he's a really nice guy but he just seems like the type that would stab you in the back in heartbeat if he had the chance

Danica hasn't won me over since 2005 so she's a lost cause for me so that's why I didn't say anything about her.

I agree with you about Sam, he just doesn't have it at this level. I just miss him in Indycars cause he was one of my favorites over there.

He seems to be a genuine nice guy. I still feel that open wheel drivers have a very hard time getting used to man handeling a car around the track, because that's a huge no-no in open wheel. Slipping and sliding all day long has to freak them out a bit.

Justin Allgaier seems like he wants you to think he's a really nice guy but he just seems like the type that would stab you in the back in heartbeat if he had the chance.

I thought I was the only one who saw that in him. Lets see if PK gets more rides with Turner and watch how Allgaier races him.

Danica hasn't won me over since 2005 so she's a lost cause for me so that's why I didn't say anything about her.

Early on, Danica impressed me with her patience. I guess it's easier to be patient when you have a guaranteed ride, but she hasn't used her popularity to gain an advantage on the track. I think her next step is to show a willingness to make a few mistakes while pushing it to find the very edge of what she can do. I can see her having a 4 to 8 win Cup career, but she needs to be a bit more demanding for racing room.

Back
Top Bottom