Nationwide Race Thread -Road America

The broadcast would and some here would as well, not all but some would.
Yeh true, but I have to give credit where credit is due,Danica drove a good race, was even pretty good on restarts, and she hung up there at the front with some elite road racing drivers. It is a shame she didn't get a top 5 and it is also a shame that JV was such a DH in his post race interview...complete moron.

I was more disgusted with the comments of JV than the actual bump. I think it shows the true coward he is not living up to what he did.

"We were racing hard, and I wasn't even fighting with Danica, I was fighting with Max Papis," Villeneuve said in a radio interview. "And just before the braking (zone), I guess he was wanting to cross over and go to the inside of Danica. And he probably didn't know I was there so he pushed me into the grass, and you don't slow down that much in the grass. So by the time I was on the racetrack again, I was going a little bit slower than Danica. That's all."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/racing/06/23/nationwide-road-america.ap/index.html#ixzz1yfsYmdqy

So, he hit Danica because he was going SLOWER? lol The poor guy doesn't even know how this works well enough to get his story straight.

okay, i didn't get to see the race. just listened to eli on mrn. and from what i read on here, and from eli's description, maybe the story should be danica's performance and jv adventure.

but...since i'm a fan....

does anyone have thoughts on allgaier running out of brakes, missing a kamikaze shot at busch and ending up in a sand pit, then finishing 10th?

or maybe his glamour shots on the fender of a cobra weren't really all that great?

before i get beat up, i am definately not a danica hater. as a matter of fact i'm actually a fan. she did have a great run today. and i blame most of the media for her overexposure. which brings tons of messageboard backlash.

so why am i reading through 6 pages here and no mention of allgaier's run back to the top ten?

sorry...i have favorites too!

The problem with Jac is he does this crap all the time. And the wheel hopping is pure BS. The wheel hop was long over and there were 2 feet between the 2 cars. Joc just let off and bumped her, like he's done time and time again.

Exactly, he drove straight in to her. That was as intentional as it gets.

okay, i didn't get to see the race. just listened to eli on mrn. and from what i read on here, and from eli's description, maybe the story should be danica's performance and jv adventure.

but...since i'm a fan....

does anyone have thoughts on allgaier running out of brakes, missing a kamikaze shot at busch and ending up in a sand pit, then finishing 10th?

or maybe his glamour shots on the fender of a cobra weren't really all that great?

before i get beat up, i am definately not a danica hater. as a matter of fact i'm actually a fan. she did have a great run today. and i blame most of the media for her overexposure. which brings tons of messageboard backlash.

so why am i reading through 6 pages here and no mention of allgaier's run back to the top ten?

sorry...i have favorites too!

I don't know if Allgaier had break or talent issues. From past incidents I'm gonna lean towards talent.:D

and that is completely fair! just wondering why his run from the sand pit back to 10th didn't get a mention. even from eli!

He was probably still shocked by JV's post race like the rest of us! He did make a nice run through though.

Congrats to Nelson Piquet Jr for the win.

I will be positive like Danica and just say thanks to Jacques Villeneuve for taking her out of a top 5 finish.

You should have kicked his ass.

Then its payback and something she ment to do. Looks like he drove it in.hard and wheel hopped. It.does not seem.to me he drove it in the turn to dump her.

Its a judgement call, yes if he did that at a short track he would of went to the back. That's fine. I just don't see why everyone is pissed. Just hard racing on.the last lap. I'm no fan or the Guy I know nothing about him. Just calling it like I saw it.

Look again.

I was on the edge of my seat for the entire race pulling for Danica, best race of the day. Just goes to show NA$CAR needs more road courses.

I was just going off today on the last lap. Racing deal. He was on the breaks and off the gas. It wheel hooped. He did not just dump her. I just saw the last four laps. I know what its like to go in.a turn to hot and dump a Guy and not mean to. I was off the gas and on the break but still hit them. Same deal. Its called a racing deal!

Good race for Danica. JVs idiocy did cost her positions but in the big scheme it doesn't matter much.

Given the context she still leaves this one with a successful day or with more pluses than minuses. She drove a good race, and handled herself well. She probably gained respect points in the garage area, and probably some new fans.

3rd or 4th would have been nice, but respectfully as possible it should be noted she isn't in the thick of the points battle, so aside from pride it isn't a great loss.
Or if she had been in the lead or ready to win, it would be more bothersome.

As for JV he has already lost credibility at least when it comes to driving in Nascar, he is almost history, nothing to worry about.

Admittingly: Being philosophical is easier cause I am not a member of Danica nation. No Danica pajamies, no Go Deddy speedo's etc.....

And beings that I even dyed the Danica life sized doll's hair blonde I expects people to recognize my greater objectivity.

I'm an Allgaier fan but his problems started when he couldn't keep track of his own water bottle.
I think , if memory serves , that Allgaier was leading at one point and Danica blew by him like he was tied to a stump.:D

I was just going off today on the last lap. Racing deal. He was on the breaks and off the gas. It wheel hooped. He did not just dump her. I just saw the last four laps. I know what its like to go in.a turn to hot and dump a Guy and not mean to. I was off the gas and on the break but still hit them. Same deal. Its called a racing deal!
I get what you are saying about it being a racing deal. And we will see some of that same tactic in the Cup race today . Someone will drive too hard into a corner and use the cars ahead to get slowed down. Some will call it rough driving , some a racing deal . My point is , it doesn't have to happen , and during the race it hardly ever happens . So when it does happen on the last lap , let's not kid ourselves into thinking it was anything but intentional.

When it comes to Wanker, that's something I have a hard time believing. He seems to have a lot of these "racing deals".

Go back and watch the video, Nick. The wanker's accelerating going in to the corner when everyone else is on the brakes.

How did he ever succeed in F1 with his full contact driving style?

Thanks. The wanker wrecked so many people last year, it's hard to keep up with who owes him one.

Wanker dumps Sadler.

I talked to Max Papis last year about the Road America race, he had nothing nice to say about Wanker.

That's just Villeneuve being the wanker that he is.

Once a wanker, always a wanker.

When it comes to Wanker, that's something I have a hard time believing. He seems to have a lot of these "racing deals".

Go back and watch the video, Nick. The wanker's accelerating going in to the corner when everyone else is on the brakes.

How did he ever succeed in F1 with his full contact driving style?

Did somebody learn a new word? :p

Jacques Villeneuve oh I see! The J is pronounced as a H ( as in spanish ) so it's Hack U Villeneuve, Got it!

jacques villeneuve jr. has never had an ounce of class, unlike his father who i always cheered for. when jr. started racing he refused to even talk about his father saying that he wanted to talk about himself and his racing. he became a very good driver but i can't stand the little jerk. he would have never gotten a ride if it wasn't for his father's name. now he's a has been jerk.

Danica's post race interview was as impressive as her racing today.

And a big congrats to Piquet Jr. I hope he gets a shot at driving the 7 car full time in the NNS next year.

Sports center had Danica's stats. For 35 of the 50 laps she was in the top 5. She was never out of the top ten,,,until the last lap when the richard took her out. She raced smart and clean, her car didn't have a mark on it until that incident.

Sports center had Danica's stats. For 35 of the 50 laps she was in the top 5. She was never out of the top ten,,,until the last lap when the richard took her out. She raced smart and clean, her car didn't have a mark on it until that incident.

She ran an excellent race. Papis gave her a hard time, and she handled it well for the most part. I liked that she leaned her fender on Max to get more room whenever he tried to run her into the grass.

Piquet Jr said something that will probably get him a ride through nascar and one of it's partners. After he won the pole, his Brazillian fans got a TV station to preempt a SOCCER game to cover the race. If it scores good numbers, he'll be on the fast track.

As we say but "not fer nuttin" but if you have your crew draped in the flag of your country if you win,,go race in your country. Just like Fitipaldi (sp?) drinking orange juice in VL after winning Indy.
Ain't American.

But the brain will sell out as visions of tv ratings dance in his head. With all the selling out of na$car he should be arrested for pimpin'.

At what? I've seen it at least 20 times.

You are by no means the only racer or retired racer on here, just the only one so far who see's it that way and you are certainly entitled to your opinion however misguided it may be. :confused:

As we say but "not fer nuttin" but if you have your crew draped in the flag of your country if you win,,go race in your country. Just like Fitipaldi (sp?) drinking orange juice in VL after winning Indy.
Ain't American.

But the brain will sell out as visions of tv ratings dance in his head. With all the selling out of na$car he should be arrested for pimpin'.

I have no problem saying this as I've said in the open wheel forums many times. I always root for the American drivers and I have no interest in ever seeing anyone else win if an American is racing.

I was rooting for McDowell yesterday to catch Piquet and I can't even stand McDowell.

And while I enjoy F1 racing it bothers the hell out of me that there won't be an American driver for a few years, if not more. Connor Daly is the only hope right now.

Indycar at least has American drivers but we have had only 1 American driver win the championship since 2003.

Thankfully in Moto GP we have some good Americans representing us as well.

I have no interest in seeing foreign drivers do well in NASCAR. I don't care if they race but I sure as hell won't be rooting for any of them.

and before anyone starts yapping about how "that's racist" blah blah blah, I don't care. Watch any F1 race or any Indycar race in Brazil or Japan and they are always rooting for their home country drivers over the visitors. I have pride in this country and I want to see our American drivers win over other countries drivers every single time.

I have no problem saying this as I've said in the open wheel forums many times. I always root for the American drivers and I have no interest in ever seeing anyone else win if an American is racing.

I was rooting for McDowell yesterday to catch Piquet and I can't even stand McDowell.

And while I enjoy F1 racing it bothers the hell out of me that there won't be an American driver for a few years, if not more. Connor Daly is the only hope right now.

Indycar at least has American drivers but we have had only 1 American driver win the championship since 2003.

Thankfully in Moto GP we have some good Americans representing us as well.

I have no interest in seeing foreign drivers do well in NASCAR. I don't care if they race but I sure as hell won't be rooting for any of them.

and before anyone starts yapping about how "that's racist" blah blah blah, I don't care. Watch any F1 race or any Indycar race in Brazil or Japan and they are always rooting for their home country drivers over the visitors. I have pride in this country and I want to see our American drivers win over other countries drivers every single time.

Your new avatar keeps throwing me off, I keep thinking for just a second after each post "who the hell is this".

I had a committee meeting yesterday and had to dvr the last 10 laps and watched it at about midnight after a few after dinner adult beverages so to say the least I was pizzed off when I saw the last lap and am still pizzed but today I realise just how professional and classy the entire team CC, Spotter, Driver, everyone connected with Danicas excellent race reacted, but I would still give a thousand bucks to have seen that big ass country fed CC of hers rip into JV. Just Sayin.

Good race for Danica. JVs idiocy did cost her positions but in the big scheme it doesn't matter much.

Given the context she still leaves this one with a successful day or with more pluses than minuses. She drove a good race, and handled herself well. She probably gained respect points in the garage area, and probably some new fans.

3rd or 4th would have been nice, but respectfully as possible it should be noted she isn't in the thick of the points battle, so aside from pride it isn't a great loss.
Or if she had been in the lead or ready to win, it would be more bothersome.

As for JV he has already lost credibility at least when it comes to driving in Nascar, he is almost history, nothing to worry about.

Admittingly: Being philosophical is easier cause I am not a member of Danica nation. No Danica pajamies, no Go Deddy speedo's etc.....

And beings that I even dyed the Danica life sized doll's hair blonde I expects people to recognize my greater objectivity.
:cheers:

Interesting:
While Villeneuve did get off course -- the dust cloud behind his car doesn't dispute that -- it is interesting to note that while under braking after he got back on the track fully, the interval between his car and Patrick's was fairly constant until Patrick was in the corner. That's when it closed rapidly. (It's also worth noting that in eight Nationwide Series races, Villeneuve has become widely known for his propensity to make contact with others.)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nasca...leneuve-final-lap-road-225819206--nascar.html

She ran an excellent race. Papis gave her a hard time, and she handled it well for the most part. I liked that she leaned her fender on Max to get more room whenever he tried to run her into the grass.

Piquet Jr said something that will probably get him a ride through nascar and one of it's partners. After he won the pole, his Brazillian fans got a TV station to preempt a SOCCER game to cover the race. If it scores good numbers, he'll be on the fast track.

Pre-empting soccer for NASCAR in Brazil? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom