NCAA football 2014

Alabama is the top seed and will play No. 4 Ohio State in one semifinal at the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. Oregon is the second seed and will play third-seeded Florida State in the other semifinal at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. Both games will be played New Year's Day.

The winners will advance to the national championship game to be played Jan. 12 at the home of the Dallas Cowboys in Arlington, Texas.

good tv promo.
saban vs myer in sugar.
2 heisman qb's in rose.

Yep. Time for the annual Buckeye Bowl Game Beatdown.
Kinda like the annual Wolverine meltdown vs. the Buckeyes? ;)

FWIW, I think Alabama would crush Baylor or TCU as well had they gone. Oregon's the only team I see that might pose a threat to the Tide.

10857796_10152860197384799_7699144787799867369_n.jpg

Last time Meyer and Saban met in a big postseason game, Urbie had a heart attack and Tebow and I cried. Just sayin'.

If tickets aren't too bad I might go to that one. Interesting matchup.
cool.....it should be a good game....wish they would have made a bowl in January...guess they should have played better.

I was thinking the same thing about the Music City Bowl. Notre Dame vs. LSU might be pretty entertaining.
That's probably the best matchup, at least in terms of prestige, that bowl has ever gotten.

I'll be looking to go to the Outback too. Auburn is pretty exciting to watch and Melvin Gordon will be a Heisman finalist.

Lane has about as much to do with the success of that team as I do. Zero.....
I think Lane is actually a great OC. His numbers at USC and Alabama say as much. Some people aren't meant to run a whole operation though. Muschamp may never be a great HC but he's definitely one of the best DCs in the country.

Plus, those plays where he sees something in the coverage and celebrates a TD before the ball is even thrown are just dirty.

I think Lane is actually a great OC. His numbers at USC and Alabama say as much. Some people aren't meant to run a whole operation though. Muschamp may never be a great HC but he's definitely one of the best DCs in the country.

Plus, those plays where he sees something in the coverage and celebrates a TD before the ball is even thrown are just dirty.

I was the last person to think his hire was a good one at Bama, but he's been an awesome addition to the staff. I don't think he'll ever make a head coach again, but he's a great OC, as you said.

I do have a feeling Coach Saban is "molding" him to take over after he leave though....

The only hope I have as an OSU fan is that Alabama has crapped the bed a couple times before in bowl games under Saban. They lost pretty handily to Oklahoma (a team that's choked as much as OSU in big bowl games) in the Sugar Bowl last year, and lost to a pre-Pac 12 Utah team a few years back. Alabama will most likely crush Ohio St., but anything is possible.

The decision was made by the committee. Guess we'll just have to live with it..whether any certain team deserved it or not.

Here ya go.

2015 COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (1/12/15)
TeamOdds --------- In English
Alabama13/10 ------ 1.30 to 1
Oregon8/5 ----------- 1.60 to 1
Ohio State11/2 ----- 5.50 to 1
Florida State7/1-------7.00 to 1

Last edited:
Well that stinks. I didn't know about all of that.
What else is interesting is that he did not recruit that well here. He left us without O lineman, a reasonable QB and without safetys. Some of the same positions Michigan was also missing.

Most Aztec fans were hoping TCU and Baylor would not make the playoffs, because it may cause the Big 12 (10) to bring in two more teams. Our only chance of having football as a real sport at SDSU are if we get into a B5 conference.

The only hope I have as an OSU fan is that Alabama has crapped the bed a couple times before in bowl games under Saban. They lost pretty handily to Oklahoma (a team that's choked as much as OSU in big bowl games) in the Sugar Bowl last year, and lost to a pre-Pac 12 Utah team a few years back. Alabama will most likely crush Ohio St., but anything is possible.
It may help that Alabama will have pretty much no tape of Cardale Jones to break down.

Most Aztec fans were hoping TCU and Baylor would not make the playoffs, because it may cause the Big 12 (10) to bring in two more teams. Our only chance of having football as a real sport at SDSU are if we get into a B5 conference.
SDSU has had a pretty solid program for the last five or so years though.

It's going to suck for me when UCF is invited into the Big 12.

The committee basically admitted that they only care about money, and that they've had no clue what they are doing. How the hell can they justify dropping TCU from #3 to #6 after winning by 50+ points? Makes zero sense.
Actually, it makes perfect sense. Firstly, they should have never had TCU ranked third, particularly ahead of a Baylor team that beat them head to head. Secondly, before Saturday, none of those three teams were conference champions, but after Ohio State blew out the #4 defense in the entire country by 59-0, they were Big Ten Champions. It's not Baylor or TCU's fault, individually, that they don't have a conference championship game, but the fact is that they don't, and the committee clearly stated long ago that winning your conference championship would strongly impact your ranking in the playoff system.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. Firstly, they should have never had TCU ranked third, particularly ahead of a Baylor team that beat them head to head. Secondly, before Saturday, none of those three teams were conference champions, but after Ohio State blew out the #4 defense in the entire country by 59-0, they were Big Ten Champions. It's not Baylor or TCU's fault, individually, that they don't have a conference championship game, but the fact is that they don't, and the committee clearly stated long ago that winning your conference championship would strongly impact your ranking in the playoff system.
Zero sense in a team moving up 3 spots and jumping you when you also destroyed your opponent by 50+ points. Conference championship or not.

I'm not sure why they don't just call the Heisman Trophy the Best QB Award. Since 2000, only twice has it gone to a non-QB (Reggie Bush in '05 and Mark Ingram in '09).

The McConaughey voice-over makes more sense in this video than it does in the Lincoln commercials.

Back
Top Bottom