NCAA football 2014

I don't think we'll have to worry about FSU after Saturday night. They've been pretty poor against the run this year and the triple option is tough to prepare for in just one week, and if they go down early as they usually do they'll have to come back against the team that's 3rd in the country in time of possession right now (and had the ball for almost 37 minutes against UGA yesterday).

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/30/us/ohio-state-player-dead/index.html

(CNN) -- A missing Ohio State University football player has been found dead, authorities said Sunday.

Kosta Karageorge, a fifth-year senior, had missed practice Wednesday and hadn't been seen since.

Sgt. Richard Weiner, with Columbus police, said that Karageorge died from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

His body was found inside a Dumpster and identified at the scene through tattoos, Weiner said.

A handgun was also recovered at the scene.

It was not immediately clear how long the body had been in the Dumpster, Weiner said. An investigation is ongoing.

"The Ohio State University Department of Athletics was shocked and saddened to learn today of the death of student-athlete Kosta Karageorge, a senior from Columbus.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Karageorge family, and those who knew him, during this most difficult time," the department said in a statement.

Last week, Karageorge's parents told police that their son had complained about concussion symptoms before he disappeared.

In a copy of the missing persons report obtained by CNN, Susan Karageorge told police she received a text from her son about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday that said, "I am sorry if I am an embarrassment but these concussions have my head all f***ed up."

She added that her son has had several concussions and confusion "spells."

Karageorge's sister, Sophia, told Cleveland.com that he was upset about something Tuesday night and that his roommates said he went for a walk.

His cell phone was last pinged about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, the sister said.

CNN's Joshua Berlinger contributed to this report.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/30/us/ohio-state-player-dead/index.html

(CNN) -- A missing Ohio State University football player has been found dead, authorities said Sunday.

Kosta Karageorge, a fifth-year senior, had missed practice Wednesday and hadn't been seen since.

Sgt. Richard Weiner, with Columbus police, said that Karageorge died from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

His body was found inside a Dumpster and identified at the scene through tattoos, Weiner said.

A handgun was also recovered at the scene.

It was not immediately clear how long the body had been in the Dumpster, Weiner said. An investigation is ongoing.

"The Ohio State University Department of Athletics was shocked and saddened to learn today of the death of student-athlete Kosta Karageorge, a senior from Columbus.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Karageorge family, and those who knew him, during this most difficult time," the department said in a statement.

Last week, Karageorge's parents told police that their son had complained about concussion symptoms before he disappeared.

In a copy of the missing persons report obtained by CNN, Susan Karageorge told police she received a text from her son about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday that said, "I am sorry if I am an embarrassment but these concussions have my head all f***ed up."

She added that her son has had several concussions and confusion "spells."

Karageorge's sister, Sophia, told Cleveland.com that he was upset about something Tuesday night and that his roommates said he went for a walk.

His cell phone was last pinged about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, the sister said.

CNN's Joshua Berlinger contributed to this report.

I was afraid of this conclusion...Prayers to the family and his teammates.

How many others are here? Are there any here who have changed their names? Finally, sorry about the loss of the OSU QB.
I think most everyone has come over...nothing really big as far as name changes....most of us now are going with our names...
As far as OSU..thanks. .yeah, it's a tough week. Jones should be alright at QB ..it's not like he's been a stranger to the system..it's his chance to prove himself. I just hope they're not too upset with the loss of a teammate to the point of distraction...it would be understandable...but it just might fire them up too.

Too bad about Brady Hoke. I was hoping they'd keep him. He's one of the good guys.
He lit the fire here in SD. He also did not leave without burning just a few bridges. Just before UM hired him, he was given a new, extended contract, and he made noises like he wold stay. THe new contract had a buyout for him, of 1 million. (If he left early, he owed the 1 Mill). He left, we asked for the dough, and he said that he never signed the contract, and we would get nothing. Looking at the timeline, it was clear that he was already talking contract with UM. We got nothing, he got 17 million and the UM didn't have to pay us. He also said adios to his players by a text message.:(

This committee needs to pound sand. Jeff Long comes off as bad as most politicians in his interviews. As soon as he started justifying Mississippi State staying in the top four a week or two ago by saying they beat teams that used to be ranked I knew this whole bunch is full of ****.

He lit the fire here in SD. He also did not leave without burning just a few bridges. Just before UM hired him, he was given a new, extended contract, and he made noises like he wold stay. THe new contract had a buyout for him, of 1 million. (If he left early, he owed the 1 Mill). He left, we asked for the dough, and he said that he never signed the contract, and we would get nothing. Looking at the timeline, it was clear that he was already talking contract with UM. We got nothing, he got 17 million and the UM didn't have to pay us. He also said adios to his players by a text message.:(
Well that stinks. I didn't know about all of that.

University of Vermont looking good for the playoffs

Read the entire letter in the link.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/12/3/7328021/devin-gardner-letter-ohio-state-tj-barrett

Michigan QB's respectful move earns rival Ohio State's thanks
By James Dator@James_Dator on Dec 3 2014, 3:40p

School rivalries are heated and fun, but some things transcend their importance. Michigan quarterback Devin Gardner received a letter from Ohio State thanking him for consoling quarterback T.J. Barrett when the Buckeyes QB was injured on Saturday in the teams' rivalry game.

It was a wonderful moment during a horrible injury, and a great move by Ohio State.

Your 2014 Heisman Trophy winner:

1yXlwpb.jpg

You're kidding me. Both teams played like a bunch of little girls last night. Oregon won because they were the least inept. They kept the ball and wore down Arizona's defense. Any other top ten team would have slaughtered either one of them the way they played last night. They better find an A game and bring it to the playoff's or they're toast.

You're kidding me. Both teams played like a bunch of little girls last night. Oregon won because they were the least inept. They kept the ball and wore down Arizona's defense. Any other top ten team would have slaughtered either one of them the way they played last night. They better find an A game and bring it to the playoff's or they're toast.
Melvin Gordon is the only player that has even a chance of coming close to Mariota in the vote.

Melvin Gordon is the only player that has even a chance of coming close to Mariota in the vote.
Heisman votes are opinions and are influenced by all sorts of things. Most years the Heisman trophy winner goes on to mediocrity in the NFL if they make it in at all but others of the same year go to the NFL and kick butt.

Heisman votes are opinions and are influenced by all sorts of things. Most years the Heisman trophy winner goes on to mediocrity in the NFL if they make it in at all but others of the same year go to the NFL and kick butt.
I don't really care how they do in the NFL though. Tebow being a **** NFL QB didn't make his time at UF any less amazing or enjoyable.

He's doing the Heisman pose in that picture anyways. How can you not give it to him. ;)

Bama made that look easy

GA Tech yet to throw a pass 10:00 in 2nd quarter

I'm not watching this game believing FSU will lose. I think that's where they draw all their evil power from

Back
Top Bottom