NFL 2014

Is that a question or statement?

I couldn't careless if the man likes humping chickens, its ridiculous when the story is shown over and over.

I guess it was rhetorical and just giving you an option to constantly changing the channel.

Him being drafted is a significant moment. Him making out with his boyfriend is not a significant moment, it is propaganda.
I applaud Sam for having the courage to come out, but it looks like it may have actually hurt his draft status, quite contrary to what many thought would happen. Before coming out, Sam was projected to go in the 4th or 5th round. The fact that he fell all the way to the 7th and was just 8 picks away from being undrafted tells me that there were a lot of teams that were not ready to take this on.

Amazing how this works. Homophobes spend years and years trying to ban gay marriage and force their beliefs on the rest of the population. Now that a gay player is drafted in to the NFL, "he's gay, no big deal".

I applaud Sam for having the courage to come out, but it looks like it may have actually hurt his draft status, quite contrary to what many thought would happen. Before coming out, Sam was projected to go in the 4th or 5th round. The fact that he fell all the way to the 7th and was just 8 picks away from being undrafted tells me that there were a lot of teams that were not ready to take this on.
That's not necessarily true. Originally, Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Manziel were both talked about as potential #1 overall picks, but as the pre-draft process goes these guys just get picked apart in every way imaginable. Bridgewater ended up being the last pick in the first round, based mostly on a poor showing at his pro day. It was reported that Michael Sam did very poorly in workouts in terms of ability to turn his hips and keep his balance to ward off blockers and/or to get into pass coverage if needed. He just fared very poorly in agility drills because of this issue.

Amazing how this works. Homophobes spend years and years trying to ban gay marriage and force their beliefs on the rest of the population. Now that a gay player is drafted in to the NFL, "he's gay, no big deal".

That's nice. What is funny is that it doesn't matter to people like you why someone disagrees with something. It just doesn't matter. None of it matters. Nothing is acceptable but complete and total adherence to the prevailing cultural dogma. You are only allowed to think a certain way about these kinds of things. Any thought, or statement, or phrase, or utterance that deviates from the zeitgeist by even the slightest degree will earn you the label of homophobic bigot, and that’s just all there is to it. It's a beautiful thing, really.

That's nice. What is funny is that it doesn't matter to people like you why someone disagrees with something. It just doesn't matter. None of it matters. Nothing is acceptable but complete and total adherence to the prevailing cultural dogma. You are only allowed to think a certain way about these kinds of things. Any thought, or statement, or phrase, or utterance that deviates from the zeitgeist by even the slightest degree will earn you the label of homophobic bigot, and that’s just all there is to it. It's a beautiful thing, really.

My point, really, is that people spent two decades trying to outlaw something they didn't like, winning elections and stuff on that platform, and then when the prevailing sentiment in the country shifts against them and something becomes accepted, many of the very same people don't want the media to cover it because "it's no big deal really" but it was when they wanted new laws put on the books.

Moral of the story is, if you don't want something to be a big deal, don't make it one.

My point, really, is that people spent two decades trying to outlaw something they didn't like, winning elections and stuff on that platform, and then when the prevailing sentiment in the country shifts against them and something becomes accepted, many of the very same people don't want the media to cover it because "it's no big deal really" but it was when they wanted new laws put on the books.

Moral of the story is, if you don't want something to be a big deal, don't make it one.
And they spent decades (and still do so when it suits their needs) telling us that one's sexuality is their own business and that what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes is nobody's business but theirs. But then when it fits their needs, they shout his orientation and proclivities from the mountain tops. They shout down Tim Tebow for using sports as a platform for sharing his religious views and people like former NFL player Jake Plumber say on NFL Network that Tebow needs to "just shut up" about God. Plumber faces no sanctions from the network or even any media backlash from this. Many current players such as Terrell Suggs bash him for his beliefs and statements as well. And, again, the NFL does nothing about this. Then a player from the Dolphins tweets a two word negative comment about seeing Sam and his boyfriend making out on TV and he is fined and suspended from the team until he can undergo brainwashing, er "educational training", about the issue and why it is only okay to insult and criticize straight, white, religious people, oh and we will tell you which religions are okay to criticize and it better not be a Muslim if you know what is good for you.

That's not necessarily true. Originally, Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Manziel were both talked about as potential #1 overall picks, but as the pre-draft process goes these guys just get picked apart in every way imaginable. Bridgewater ended up being the last pick in the first round, based mostly on a poor showing at his pro day. It was reported that Michael Sam did very poorly in workouts in terms of ability to turn his hips and keep his balance to ward off blockers and/or to get into pass coverage if needed. He just fared very poorly in agility drills because of this issue.
Probably a combination of the two. I don't think a bad workout alone made him drop three rounds from where he was projected to go. As for the cases of Bridgewater and Manziel, 1st round picks are a lot more expensive and much more heavily scrutinized than Day 3 picks. Bridgewater's bad workout did cause him to tumble to the end of the first round. As for Manziel, I doubt he was ever seriously considered to go #1 overall, I think that was more a media creation than anything.

And they spent decades (and still do so when it suits their needs) telling us that one's sexuality is their own business and that what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes is nobody's business but theirs. But then when it fits their needs, they shout his orientation and proclivities from the mountain tops. They shout down Tim Tebow for using sports as a platform for sharing his religious views and people like former NFL player Jake Plumber say on NFL Network that Tebow needs to "just shut up" about God. Plumber faces no sanctions from the network or even any media backlash from this. Many current players such as Terrell Suggs bash him for his beliefs and statements as well. And, again, the NFL does nothing about this. Then a player from the Dolphins tweets a two word negative comment about seeing Sam and his boyfriend making out on TV and he is fined and suspended from the team until he can undergo brainwashing, er "educational training", about the issue and why it is only okay to insult and criticize straight, white, religious people, oh and we will tell you which religions are okay to criticize and it better not be a Muslim if you know what is good for you.

The thing to remember is, to them, kissing their boyfriends on television is no different than when I kiss a girlfriend although me having a girlfriend is much more rare :p. ESPN sucks but you're also making a much bigger deal of it than it is. ESPN's the same network that swooned over AJ McCarron's girlfriend for months.

Speaking of football players' girlfriends, THIS is coming to Jacksonville:
Bc7poYjCIAA2DLP.jpg

The thing to remember is, to them, kissing their boyfriends on television is no different than when I kiss a girlfriend although me having a girlfriend is much more rare :p. ESPN sucks but you're also making a much bigger deal of it than it is. ESPN's the same network that swooned over AJ McCarron's girlfriend for months.

Speaking of football players' girlfriends, THIS is coming to Jacksonville:
View attachment 13319
Call me crazy, but I've never thought she was all that hot. She's got a great body, but her face just doesn't do it for me at all. Don't get me wrong, she's a lot better looking than Michael Sam's lover though. ;)

Him being drafted is a significant moment. Him making out with his boyfriend is not a significant moment, it is propaganda.

Go back and watch the draft again. Tell me how many of the others you see kiss their significant other too. How dare those bastards push their straight morals onto everyone watching the draft!

He is a small DE, 6'2" 261 lb.

When you are a small DE you only have a chance in the NFL if you are super fast/quick (think Dwight Freeney). He ran a 4.91 40 yard dash, 300+ pound OLinemen are running a 4.91.

He is not strong, only did 17 reps on the bench, many CBs and WRs did that many.

Good DEs are having verticles of 35" and broad jumps (probably most important thing for a DE's explosiveness) of over 10 feet. His verticle was 25" and his broad jump was 9.5 feet.

Good DEs were well under 7.5 in the 3 cone drill (lateral movement kind of important for a pass rusher), he was at 7.8.

Good DEs were under 4.5 for the 20 yard shuttle (first step acceleration, probably most important test along with broad jump for a pass rush DE), he ran a 4.7.

Thats why he fell in the draft from where he was projected. "But, but, but....All American!" Yea, when he was racking up sacks against way below average teams.

Actually I don't remember seeing any one of them kissing anybody to tell you the truth. I'm not saying it didn't happen. I remember seeing most of them hugging all kinds of people, men and women, but I honestly don't remember any kissing and I certainly don't remember any kissing that was that intense. I certainly don't remember seeing replays of anybody else kissing anybody on ESPN since. Have you?

Thats why he fell in the draft from where he was projected. "But, but, but....All American!" Yea, when he was racking up sacks against way below average teams.
Below average teams? He played in the SEC. Isn't that supposed to be the best football conference in the history of Earth?

Below average teams? He played in the SEC. Isn't that supposed to be the best football conference in the history of Earth?

Yes, they played against such football Gods as Murray State, Toledo, Indiana, Florida, Tennessee, and Kentucky. All losing records in 2013. Now, you play who you play, I know. I'm just more tired of how he was this great player that was screwed bc he was gay (no pun intended), when half their schedule was garbage.

Yes, they played against such football Gods as Murray State, Toledo, Indiana, Florida, Tennessee, and Kentucky. All losing records in 2013. Now, you play who you play, I know. I'm just more tired of how he was this great player that was screwed bc he was gay (no pun intended), when half their schedule was garbage.
He was named Co-Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC (along with CJ Mosley), so he couldn't have been too bad. That means he beat out names like Jadevean Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Kony Ealy, etc.

And he got that award before he came out, so that can't be blamed on PC.

I suspect the Browns were planning on taking Blakes Bortles which is why Jacksonville didn't trade down and played this so close to the vest.

Not sure what you are getting at, are you calling me a homophobe? I have never had an issue with gays. Do whatever the hell you want as long as it doesn't affect me negatively. My issue with this is the Tim Tebow affect. Another lower tier talented player going to get months and months worth of coverage for something other than football. So for me it really is "he is gay, no big deal". The story will be played into the ground and I am already tired of it.

I agree with this statement. Everyone should have a right to their own beliefs.

Actually I don't remember seeing any one of them kissing anybody to tell you the truth. I'm not saying it didn't happen. I remember seeing most of them hugging all kinds of people, men and women, but I honestly don't remember any kissing and I certainly don't remember any kissing that was that intense. I certainly don't remember seeing replays of anybody else kissing anybody on ESPN since. Have you?

If he wants to kiss his boyfriend on national TV then so be it. He has the right to, as much as the Miami player has a right to think it is "horrible". As long as Sam isn't forcing his kisses onto others, and if the Miami player isn't forcing his beliefs onto others as well.

I find the Dolphins organization more wrong in this situation.

Sam only got drafted because he is gay.No way he was drafted on his ability to play on the level of the NFL.

Best selling jerseys in the NFL right now? #1 Johnny Manziel, #2 Michael Sam.

Not just that apparently they have the number 52 on them. The number he wore in college, however that is currently Alec Ogletree's number. So all these people bought this jersey when in a few weeks he will have a number change. Well to be fair, in a few months he may be out of the league altogether.

Edit: Well apparently he has already changed his number to 96. I wonder if that was before or after the first run of jerseys that was sold.

Not just that apparently they have the number 52 on them. The number he wore in college, however that is currently Alec Ogletree's number. So all these people bought this jersey when in a few weeks he will have a number change. Well to be fair, in a few months he may be out of the league altogether.

Edit: Well apparently he has already changed his number to 96. I wonder if that was before or after the first run of jerseys that was sold.
Yeah, I don't think either one of them will be bound for Canton.

I could care less if the guy is gay. I'm not sure why that's even a story in 2014. The fact is, it's unlikely he ever even makes it to the field other than pre season.

Back
Top Bottom