NFL 2014

Cleveland finally has their quarterback. Just like Ty Detmer, Tim Couch, Kelly Holcomb, Spergon Wynn, Ken Dorsey, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy, Seneca Wallace, Jake Delhomme, Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer.....

Manziel said he was going to make the teams that didn't draft him regret it. The Browns passed on him at #8, does that mean Manziel is going to make the Browns regret it?

Cleveland finally has their quarterback. Just like Ty Detmer, Tim Couch, Kelly Holcomb, Spergon Wynn, Ken Dorsey, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy, Seneca Wallace, Jake Delhomme, Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer.....
To be fair, they never thought they had their quarterback with the likes of Detmer, Wynn, Dilfer, Wallace and others of their ilk. They knew that they were simply filling a hole temporarily.

As we get closer to the draft, I'm pretty much just out of opinions or caring anymore. I just hope the Browns don't draft Johnny Football. Anything else seems to be as good a guess as any at this point.
Ok, I have to say that this statement was in reference to them taking him with the #4 overall pick, which I think would have been a colossal mistake. However, they traded down from 4 to 9 and picked up a first and fourth round pick next year from Buffalo, then traded back up one spot to 8 to get the best cornerback in the draft, which they desperately needed. They then just chilled out and waited for Johnny to fall all the way to 22. They highly suspected that Kansas City was going to take Johnny at 23 if he was still there, so they traded a third rounder to move up 4 spots to get the QB they wanted in Manziel.

I can't tell you the last time I was this impressed and happy with what the Browns did on draft day, but if course it is only the first round. They still have to address the Wide Receiver position (fortunately that is probably the deepest position in this draft), Inside Linebacker, and another offensive lineman or two and other things. So, we'll see how it goes. They still have quite a few picks left and I'm excited to see what our new GM, Ray Farmer does with them after seeing what he did with what he had last night!

I'm a little baffled by the Titans pick. I know Taylor Lewan is a good player, but they have much greater needs than offensive line. I assume they'll go RB in Round 2, and they don't have a 3rd rounder.

Well I am happy so far. Clowney and Watt together will be beast mode ever game. I wish Bridgewater would have been there at 33 tonight, but I guess he wasn't in the Texans plans, because I am sure they could have made a better deal with Seattle than minnesota. I really hope they go Nix at 33.

F*** You Josh Gordon. One step forward, 3 steps back. Our starting WR's? Nate Burelson and Greg Little. FML.

Three rounds in and the Texans haven't taken a QB. I guess they're gonna pin their hopes on Ryan Fitzpatrick this season.

As a Jacksonville fan, I hate to see what Houston's got going. As a Jacksonville fan who loathes and detests the Colts, nothing will make me happier than seeing the look of fear in Andrew's eyes when he has to face Watt, Clowney and Nix.

As a Jacksonville fan, I hate to see what Houston's got going. As a Jacksonville fan who loathes and detests the Colts, nothing will make me happier than seeing the look of fear in Andrew's eyes when he has to face Watt, Clowney and Nix.
As a Titans fan, I think we might be in trouble. The Colts are the Colts, and Houston and Jacksonville have gotten a lot better over the past couple days. I'm glad we got Sankey, that kid looks like he's the real deal. But to me, taking Lewan in the first round made no sense, as O-Line was not a huge need. Would have much rather seen them go LB or corner.

F*** You Josh Gordon. One step forward, 3 steps back. Our starting WR's? Nate Burelson and Greg Little. FML.
Yeah, this is not good news at all. It also came out that Nate Burleson refractured his arm in the last team practices they had. He will be fine by camp, though. Gordon is likely suspended for the season and his future with the team is now in doubt. They were reportedly in talks with his agent on a big money extension for him after the great season he had last year, leading the league in receiving yards. This kind of stuff was the biggest thing keeping them from making a big money commitment. They got him in the supplemental draft using a second round pick. He was available there almost exclusively because of his drug problems. Many teams passed on him in the supplemental draft just because of the risk of him failing future tests and, lo and behold, he has failed at least two since he has been in the NFL. What a moron. :angry:

The strangest thing though is that the team knew about this yesterday and yet still hasn't drafted even one wide receiver this year. There was talk even before this, that they needed another wide receiver so badly that they should take WR Sammy Watkins out of Clemson with the #4 overall pick to team him up with John Gordon. They didn't and now they don't have either one and nobody else either, really. This just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. For as great of a job as they did in the first round, the rest has been kind of curious.

Now they can't say the NFL hates gays.Sam to the Rams.

I just can't watch sportscenter anymore. It is less about stats, highlights, and results and has turned into the tmz of the sports world. I could care less about a players sexual orientation, and espn will play the story to death.

After watching Tre Boston attempt to play safety for four seasons at UNC, I made the joke to several friends that whichever team drafts him would be wasting a draft pick. Imagine my dismay when I got off work yesterday, turned on my phone, and saw some of those friends had all texted me some variation of "Tre Boston is a Carolina Panther. This is not a joke."

I just can't watch sportscenter anymore. It is less about stats, highlights, and results and has turned into the tmz of the sports world. I could care less about a players sexual orientation, and espn will play the story to death.
I feel ya there. I watched about 2 minutes of Sportscenter last night and it was just long enough to see Sam making out with his boyfriend celebrating being drafted. I have no problem with how they want to celebrate his accomplishments, or the Rams drafting him for PR reasons whichever the case may be, but I don't really need to see it.

I feel ya there. I watched about 2 minutes of Sportscenter last night and it was just long enough to see Sam making out with his boyfriend celebrating being drafted. I have no problem with how they want to celebrate his accomplishments, or the Rams drafting him for PR reasons whichever the case may be, but I don't really need to see it.
I wonder if some of these teams picking late in the 7th were feeling pressure to draft this guy. Sam was the 249th player selected out of 256. Can you imagine the backlash had he not been drafted at all?

All morning on Sportscenter and the news....tired of turning the channel so my boys don't have to see two men kiss.

If two men want to kiss I don't care. If it is on my TV then fine. I just don't see the story there. So what? He is gay, big deal. Tired of it.

Back
Top Bottom