NFL 2014

I don't know about that stuff but I doubt it will be long before he gets picked up.
I agree. I'm sure if he was hanging out with the wrong people and he refused to change any of his behavior, this might be a wake up call and something that will probably be addressed by whoever he signs with. He will probably get similar money to the $10 mil a year he was making with the Eagles, but you never know. A lot of teams that had big money for free agents this year have already spent most of it.

First four game dates/times have been released. Who's ready for football at 9:30 in the morning? :confused:

Week 1 on Sept. 4: TBA at Seattle

Week 4 on Sept. 28: Dolphins at Raiders in London, 1 p.m. ET

Week 8 on Oct. 26: Lions at Falcons in London, 9:30 a.m. ET

Week 10 on Nov. 9: Cowboys at Jaguars in London, 1 p.m. ET

The Week 8 game between the Falcons and Lions will be the earliest Eastern Time Zone kickoff time in NFL history.

I heard that the Redskins got DeSean Jackson. At least he can schedule some nice vacation time during the Playoff's:D

Chris Johnson's agent says he will be out of Tennessee soon.
And now it's official, the Titans released him today. I'm kind of wondering who our feature back will be now, Shonn Greene and Jackie Battle are 3rd down backs at best. Maybe they'll take one in the draft.

I heard Washington signed Colt McCoy....

Who goes, RGIII or Cousins?
Neither one of those guys is going anywhere, unless they get a good trade offer for Cousins. I am happy for Colt McCoy that he signed somewhere though. He is a great guy and he gives his all on and off the field.

Alex Mack in talks with the Jags. Lol. Please take him off our hands Jax. Dude is a b*tch. "I wanna play for a winng team, wahhhhhh". So he starts talking with Jacksonville? Lmao. I love that no winning team wanted anything to do with him, hell, the Ratbirds even turned him down. Nobodys gonna pay that whine ass $10 mil a year though. Sigh.

I don't see the Titans taking an RB at No. 11, but it looks like there will be a lot of good RB's still available in the 2nd round. Tre Mason from Auburn, Carlos Hyde from Ohio State, or Andre Williams from Boston College would be all be good ways to go.

I don't see the Titans taking an RB at No. 11, but it looks like there will be a lot of good RB's still available in the 2nd round. Tre Mason from Auburn, Carlos Hyde from Ohio State, or Andre Williams from Boston College would be all be good ways to go.
Carlos Hyde is going to be a pretty good NFL player. He is big and tough and fast enough and shifty enough for his size to be really effective.

I have to say, I really hope the Browns don't match the Jags offer if it is the reported $41 million over 5 years or so. He is a good center, but I've never thought he was a great center. If he was a great center, our line would be a whole lot better than it has been over the past few years. The Browns have a lot of cap room left at this point, but guys like Joe Haden, Josh Gordon, and Jordan Cameron are more important to the future of the team and they all have contracts that are coming to an end soon. Another huge thing, too, is that Alex Mack has flat out said that he doesn't want to play for Cleveland any more. First he indicated that he wanted out of Cleveland because he was tired of all the losing and wanted to play for a winner, but then he signs an offer sheet with the freaking Jacksonville Jaguars? :idunno:

I have to say, I really hope the Browns don't match the Jags offer if it is the reported $41 million over 5 years or so. He is a good center, but I've never thought he was a great center. If he was a great center, our line would be a whole lot better than it has been over the past few years. The Browns have a lot of cap room left at this point, but guys like Joe Haden, Josh Gordon, and Jordan Cameron are more important to the future of the team and they all have contracts that are coming to an end soon. Another huge thing, too, is that Alex Mack has flat out said that he doesn't want to play for Cleveland any more. First he indicated that he wanted out of Cleveland because he was tired of all the losing and wanted to play for a winner, but then he signs an offer sheet with the freaking Jacksonville Jaguars? :idunno:

The contract has an out after year 2. The overall numbers are not very bad at all. I agreed with you until I saw the numbers. Match it, which it appears Cleveland is going to do.

We've got the cap room. If his play suffers, the guaranteed money is almost all front loaded, so we can dump him with minimal cap hit.

1503335_10203478841591184_2992445253081959546_n.jpg

As for the draft, it looks like Houston's going to take Clowney at #1 and St. Louis will take Kahlil Mack at #2. I hope they don't take Sammy Watkins. A wide receiver with the third pick (again) would be dumb when Chad Henne is starting quarterback.

As for the draft, it looks like Houston's going to take Clowney at #1 and St. Louis will take Kahlil Mack at #2. I hope they don't take Sammy Watkins. A wide receiver with the third pick (again) would be dumb when Chad Henne is starting quarterback.
That's kind of where I've been with the rumors that the Browns are reportedly very interested in taking Watkins at #4. We still have Brian Hoyer as our starting quarterback. The Browns won two or three games that he started last year, but I'm certainly not ready to try to build up the offense around him. If they are convinced that Derek Carr is their guy and he can be had later in the first round, either with the 26th pick (although I don't think there is any way he lasts that long) or via a trade up from the #26 spot, then it makes sense. I'd also rather have Watkins rather than Johnny Football, but if they can get Bridgewater or Bortles at #4 and don't have a solid plan to get Carr then I would be pretty pissed if they went for Watkins in that spot.

That's kind of where I've been with the rumors that the Browns are reportedly very interested in taking Watkins at #4. We still have Brian Hoyer as our starting quarterback. The Browns won two or three games that he started last year, but I'm certainly not ready to try to build up the offense around him. If they are convinced that Derek Carr is their guy and he can be had later in the first round, either with the 26th pick (although I don't think there is any way he lasts that long) or via a trade up from the #26 spot, then it makes sense. I'd also rather have Watkins rather than Johnny Football, but if they can get Bridgewater or Bortles at #4 and don't have a solid plan to get Carr then I would be pretty pissed if they went for Watkins in that spot.

Jacksonville's receiving corps could use some work and we all have to consider the likelihood that Justin Blackmon will never play again. But I'm not a fan of blowing a number three pick for a wide receiver. There isn't a chance in hell I'd take Manziel with the third overall pick but Bortles or Bridgewayer, maybe. Jacksonville's still several years away from contending for the division title. I guess I'd rather trade down than waste a draft pick "settling" for someone -- especially given Jacksonville's historically atrocious luck with first round picks.

Back
Top Bottom