NFL 2014

That didn't take long. Cleveland matches the Jags offer sheet for Mack. Mack stays a Brown.

That didn't take long. Cleveland matches the Jags offer sheet for Mack. Mack stays a Brown.
Yeah, I saw that. I'm not doing cartwheels over it, but it could be worse. There are outs on both sides after 2 and 3 years, so there is some flexibility if the Browns end up needing the cap room elsewhere in a few years.

Jacksonville's receiving corps could use some work and we all have to consider the likelihood that Justin Blackmon will never play again. But I'm not a fan of blowing a number three pick for a wide receiver. There isn't a chance in hell I'd take Manziel with the third overall pick but Bortles or Bridgewayer, maybe. Jacksonville's still several years away from contending for the division title. I guess I'd rather trade down than waste a draft pick "settling" for someone -- especially given Jacksonville's historically atrocious luck with first round picks.

I seem to be in the minority, but I think Bridgewater will be really good. He's not the flashiest athlete, but he has quick release, good footwork, and can read defenses. Manziel is a smaller version of tebow and Bortles is boom or bust. He could be Big Ben or Blaine Gabbert

I seem to be in the minority, but I think Bridgewater will be really good. He's not the flashiest athlete, but he has quick release, good footwork, and can read defenses. Manziel is a smaller version of tebow and Bortles is boom or bust. He could be Big Ben or Blaine Gabbert
I've been thinking that he is probably going to be the best of the bunch, at least right away. The alleged "experts" say that other guys have more "upside" than he does, but that he is a safer pick. Almost all of them point to his poor pro day showing as proof of this. Of course, most of these "experts" told us how much upside JaMarcus Russell had and how his pro day was one of the most impressive things they ever saw. How'd that work out again? The bottom line is, you just never know.

A lot of teams are souring on Bridgewater as of late, some of the mocks I've seen even have him slipping into the second round. I think Bortles and Carr could be decent pro QB's. Manziel is gonna be another Matt Leinart.

Bottles, first round bust? That's got Jacksonville written all over it. In all capital letters. In bold print.

A lot of teams are souring on Bridgewater as of late, some of the mocks I've seen even have him slipping into the second round. I think Bortles and Carr could be decent pro QB's. Manziel is gonna be another Matt Leinart.
That has a certain Aaron Rodgers ring to it. He's talked about as the #1 overall pick and as the draft approaches the alleged experts pick his game apart and find so many things they think are flaws that he falls all the way to the bottom of the first round. How did that work out again?

Two questions are plaguing me: Is the Pack back and will the Lions continue their ability to screw up a season?

That has a certain Aaron Rodgers ring to it. He's talked about as the #1 overall pick and as the draft approaches the alleged experts pick his game apart and find so many things they think are flaws that he falls all the way to the bottom of the first round. How did that work out again?
I think Bridgewater is more likely the next Geno Smith rather than the next Aaron Rodgers, however. The situation is kind of playing out the same: he was the #1 overall pick in just about all the mock drafts until several weeks before the draft, then went on a steady slide and ultimately didn't get picked until the 2nd round.

The 2014 NFL Schedule gets released this week. Tennessee has the Cowgirls coming to town this year, thinking about going to that one, just gotta see when it is.

The 2014 NFL Schedule gets released this week. Tennessee has the Cowgirls coming to town this year, thinking about going to that one, just gotta see when it is.
Any opportunity to jeer the Cowgirls in person has to be taken.

The Giants are headed to Jacksonville this year, hopefully it's a 1 PM Sunday game so I can see them live.

Any opportunity to jeer the Cowgirls in person has to be taken.

The Giants are headed to Jacksonville this year, hopefully it's a 1 PM Sunday game so I can see them live.
I saw Jacksonville live last year, unfortunately they got their first win of the year against us that day. I'm glad they won a few more times after that, made me feel a little better. :)

Well, that's one way to make Romo look good.

uploadfromtaptalk1398206831353.jpg

Bears at Lions on Thanksgiving Day......on CBS???!!! It'll be like the old days when CBS had the NFC package.

Titans got a Monday Night game this year too, a bit of a surprise. At home against the Steelers on Nov. 17th.

This sucks. Browns/Steelers, season opener, which I like, but then play them again in week 6. I hate having both our big rivalry games done by mid season.

I know the Jags aren't the best team in the league but for the third straight year, they only get a nationally televised game on NFL Network in December and for the sixth straight year, they won't be featured on America's Game of the Week.

Jacksonville's season begins with a two game road trip. JFC, how the hell much does the NFL hate the Jaguars?

Pffft. Open at Pitt, week 4 bye week, then only 3 home games out of the last 8. 1 primetime game, which is the mandatory 1 NFL Network Thurs night game per team, then every other game but 1 has a 1:00 start time.

Pffft. Open at Pitt, week 4 bye week, then only 3 home games out of the last 8. 1 primetime game, which is the mandatory 1 NFL Network Thurs night game per team, then every other game but 1 has a 1:00 start time.

The only games that aren't 1pm for the Jags are the mandatory primetime game and the San Diego game.

The only games that aren't 1pm for the Jags are the mandatory primetime game and the San Diego game.

Smh. Our teams suck. Lol.

Although, for the first time in probably 6 or 7 years, I'm being optimistic about the upcoming season. Of course, opening with Steelers, Saints, and Ravens might quickly kill that.

Giants @ Jaguars on Thanksgiving weekend...I have to be there for sure.

lol At the Bucs having nothing but 1 PM games after Week 3.

Jacksonville's season begins with a two game road trip. JFC, how the hell much does the NFL hate the Jaguars?
Early sched not looking too good for the Titans either: 3 of their first 4 games are on the road against playoff teams from last year. At KC Week 1, at Cincy Week 3, at Indy Week 4.

Back
Top Bottom