NFL 2018-19

I don't care for the Colts but the guy held them hostage for a month with a general understanding that he'd take over once the Pats' playoff run was over, and then he pulls this.

Despicable, IMO.
Yeh it's not cool, I read tho Kraft sat down with him yesterday and Monday, supposedly laid out a future with the Pats and security for Daniels and his family for aa long as he wants to be with Pats. To me it looks like Bill is going to retire very soon.

Total dick move by McDaniels. Guy is 100% douchebag. Colts probably wind up with some tard like McAdoo now.

It doesn't get much worse then looking someone in the eye and telling them something and then not doing what you said you would do. It would be funny if the Pats struggled next year and fired McD.

It doesn't get much worse then looking someone in the eye and telling them something and then not doing what you said you would do. It would be funny if the Pats struggled next year and fired McD.
Wouldn't matter if they struggled, he's taking over for Bill after he retires, that's why he changed his mind.

Wouldn't matter if they struggled, he's taking over for Bill after he retires, that's why he changed his mind.

I am sure something like that has been worked out but it would still be funny karma made a house call to McD. If Kraft knew he wanted McD to be a coach in waiting he could have prevented the whole thing from happening but chose not to. If McD was honorable he would have kept his commitment to Irsay and the Colts.

I am sure something like that has been worked out but it would still be funny karma made a house call to McD. If Kraft knew he wanted McD to be a coach in waiting he could have prevented the whole thing from happening but chose not to. If McD was honorable he would have kept his commitment to Irsay and the Colts.
Had to do what's best for him and family.

Colts shouldn't have got the sooks over a few tenths of a psi.

Had to do what's best for him and family.

I think it will all work out but that the whole ordeal was not necessary. I hope the Colts get a good coach and things work out for the Pats and I can't wait until the Thursday after Labour Day this year.

McDaniels left his assistants who went to Indianapolis hanging. Dick move.

As much as I hate the Colts, I hope they get a wild card this year and the Patriots miss the playoffs entirely.
Colts are gonna honor the contracts they gave the assistants.

Don't get me wrong here as I think what McD did was BS but I was thinking about all the time us regular people go back on what we have said we would do for others and justify it some way.

I see this just making the situation in New England very messy. Is Belicheck on board with knowing his replacement is on staff or will this just become a mess of a power grab between him Kraft and Brady?

Moves like this are why so many people in America hate the Patriots.

Obviously Kraft made it impossible for him to leave, shiit happened, deal with it.

LOL...its really no skin off my back, i don't have to deal with or not deal with it. I'm not a colts or pats fan, I was just pointing out that dick moves like this is why everyone in the country was pulling for the Eagles over the Pats.

LOL...its really no skin off my back, i don't have to deal with or not deal with it. I'm not a colts or pats fan, I was just pointing out that dick moves like this is why everyone in the country was pulling for the Eagles over the Pats.
Good we like being hated.

As long as Josh McD can stay with the Pats he will be fine but if he ever needs to get another job with an NFL team it could be tricky and the league might have to have a kind of Rooney rule making teams interview him. I hope the Pats live up to what they said they would do for him and don't do to him what he did to the Colts. Seeing McD washed out as a head coach once already he probably has one more shot at it and if that is with the Pats Lord help him if he doesnt win 10 games every year and make the playoffs for his first few years. Following Belichek as coach is a tough act and if he isn't looked on as being as good or better he will be kicked to the curb quickly.

I'm not sure why McDaniels was such a hot coaching candidate anyway. The guy was only 11-17 as the coach of the Broncos, and he left there on bad terms. I mean, he's a good co-ordinator, but that might be about it.

Moves like this are why so many people in America hate the Patriots.
No it' not. It because the Patriots are consistently at the top. 8 trips to the Super Bowl in 16 years. Same reason people hate the Yankees. Or more in tune with this forum Jimmie Johnson or Kyle Busch. When you win alot people resent it.

Some fans hate an opponent that does real good and some fans may not be crazy about it but appreciate the good job that opponent has done. Youve got some rivalries that stick around forever like the Philadelphia Eagles & Dallas Cowboys and others that go to sleep like the Bears-Packers or Browns-Steelers cuz one of the teams stinks. Some rivalries like the Jets and Dolphins goes hot and heavy and dies off and then you got clean old fashioned hate like the Georgia Bulldogs and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets have. All kinds of rivalries around and Im thinking Nascar only has the type where a driver is loved or hated not with what goes on during a race. Could be wrong on that one but I dont see much rivalry in the sport.

No it' not. It because the Patriots are consistently at the top. 8 trips to the Super Bowl in 16 years. Same reason people hate the Yankees. Or more in tune with this forum Jimmie Johnson or Kyle Busch. When you win alot people resent it.
Actually my reason is more so the fans. Some of the most unhumble people I ever met. Of all the Patriots fans I know, most are dicks and act like their team is untouchable. Only a few know that at any moment boom! It can all change.

Actually my reason is more so the fans. Some of the most unhumble people I ever met. Of all the Patriots fans I know, most are dicks and act like their team is untouchable. Only a few know that at any moment boom! It can all change.

Boston sports fans generally. Ever since the Patriots won the Super Bowl, Boston's seemingly become the dominant city in sports in general. Patriots and Red Sox are pretty consistently top-five teams in their respective sports. I think the Red Sox have three World Series pennants since 2004, Patriots five Lombardis since 2001.

Hard to be humble when all you do is win.

Boston sports fans generally. Ever since the Patriots won the Super Bowl, Boston's seemingly become the dominant city in sports in general. Patriots and Red Sox are pretty consistently top-five teams in their respective sports. I think the Red Sox have three World Series pennants since 2004, Patriots five Lombardis since 2001.,

Hard to be humble when all you do is win.

They need to remember where they were before all of that and remember it can happen again. Might be hard but it's possible as I've delt with humble fans before, who are just happy the teams finally started doing good.

Probably more or so the younger ones who aren't humble as they probably hardly remember losing.

They need to remember where they were before all of that and remember it can happen again. Might be hard but it's possible as I've delt with humble fans before, who are just happy the teams finally started doing good.

Probably more or so the younger ones who aren't humble as they probably hardly remember losing.

The Boston Bruins went almost 30 years between champs and are now in year 7 of a new winless streak and the Celts are now in year 7

So?

Well I made it into a friends house in Philly this morning with no major issues.

Jimmy Garoppolo just became the highest payed player in the NFL.
5 years. 137 million.
Wow lol

Read an article this morning where the normally quiet Tony Dungy blasted Josh McD but said he didn't blame the Pats. No new ground but Tony was mad that McD screwed up things for the assistants and was not a person that keeps his word. I would never say never but it sounds like McD blackballed himself for any future employment with anyone other than the Pats.

Jimmy Garoppolo just became the highest payed player in the NFL.
5 years. 137 million.
Wow lol

VERY premature. Jimmy G's gonna be great I think, but they may have just put too much stock in wins against three bad teams and two good teams who didn't show up because there was nothing to play for.

This could end up going the same way the whole Brock Osweiller experiment went.

Read an article this morning where the normally quiet Tony Dungy blasted Josh McD but said he didn't blame the Pats. No new ground but Tony was mad that McD screwed up things for the assistants and was not a person that keeps his word. I would never say never but it sounds like McD blackballed himself for any future employment with anyone other than the Pats.

I could see New England hiring someone else if Bellichick retires. McDaniels isn't good honestly.

Back
Top Bottom