NFL 2018-19

I know he looked good last year, but that seems like a lot for a guy who only has 7 career starts.

Charlie Whitehurst, Jason Campbell, Mike Glennon, Matt Flynn, Craig Erickson, Elvis Grbac, Scott Mitchell, Jeff George, Brock Osweiler, Josh McCown and a whole bunch more I have forgot about got paid and didn't do well.

Charlie Whitehurst, Jason Campbell, Mike Glennon, Matt Flynn, Craig Erickson, Elvis Grbac, Scott Mitchell, Jeff George, Brock Osweiler, Josh McCown and a whole bunch more I have forgot about got paid and didn't do well.

Craig Erickson, wow, now there's a name I haven't heard in 20 years :D

Some pictures I took today

Carson Wentz
Screenshot_2018-02-08-17-11-32.png

Doug Pederson
Screenshot_2018-02-08-17-11-54.png

Me and the people I was with arent sure...
Screenshot_2018-02-08-17-14-51.png

New hall of fame Brian Dawkins
Screenshot_2018-02-08-17-18-01.png

Last edited:
I have never been to a parade like that and I liked the picture. Dawk looks like he could still suit up.
One of the radio guys here says he is bigger and stronger now then when he played

With how much quarterbacks are getting paid, how can teams afford to hire other players?
I think at least in San Fran's case they have a ton of cap room, especially in the near future, to work with. Maybe even the most for the 2018 season (before the Jimmy G deal). I assume they'll frontload it.

I think at least in San Fran's case they have a ton of cap room, especially in the near future, to work with. Maybe even the most for the 2018 season (before the Jimmy G deal). I assume they'll frontload it.

Risky move though.

Pretty common for a backup to come in and light the world on fire (because teams have never seen him), then fizzle out after getting paid. Jason Campbell in Washington comes to mind.

Looks like Frank Reich is gonna be the next head coach of the Colts, I think they'll be better off with him than McDaniels to be honest.

Apparently, backing up a HOF QB is a good way to go if you want to be a head coach in the NFL. Gary Kubiak was John Elway's backup, Doug Pederson was Brett Favre's backup, Jason Garrett was Troy Aikman's backup, and Frank Reich was Jim Kelly's backup.

Apparently, backing up a HOF QB is a good way to go if you want to be a head coach in the NFL. Gary Kubiak was John Elway's backup, Doug Pederson was Brett Favre's backup, Jason Garrett was Troy Aikman's backup, and Frank Reich was Jim Kelly's backup.
Lotsa time to sit on the sidelines and learn how to coach. :confused:

Gronk gonna play?

Jimmy Graham is good, however he's not as good as he was in NO.
He got a swelled head in NOLA thinking the Saints couldn't survive without him and demanded double his salary. Peyton said no thanks adios. Which was a good thing. It's a team sport.

Was he the one that got pissed at the NFL because he got a franchise tag and even though he was a TE, he wanted to be tagged as a WR in order to get more money?

Yeah, God forbid someone tries to get paid. I'm sure you guys all take lower offers at your jobs..
Difference being his base salary for a year would take me 635 years to equal based off of what I made last year.

Yeah, God forbid someone tries to get paid. I'm sure you guys all take lower offers at your jobs..

That’s not what I’m saying, the NFL designates how they pay those with franchise tags based on the average of the top 3 or 5 players at each position. So TE and WRs positions are different in pay scales when it comes to the franchise tag. A player has to have a designated position, so a TE can’t say well, because I line up as a WR a lot, then you should give me the WR franchise tag. No, you’re designated a TE, therefore you get the franchise tag a TE gets.

Those were agreed to with the labor contracts between the NFL and NFLPA.

That’s not what I’m saying, the NFL designates how they pay those with franchise tags based on the average of the top 3 or 5 players at each position. So TE and WRs positions are different in pay scales when it comes to the franchise tag. A player has to have a designated position, so a TE can’t say well, because I line up as a WR a lot, then you should give me the WR franchise tag. No, you’re designated a TE, therefore you get the franchise tag a TE gets.

I could see why he would dispute it. He's literally not a TE.

I could see why he would dispute it. He's literally not a TE.
But he's literally a TE. That's what he listed at. So therefore he's literally a TE.

The fight should be that he play another position next year.

Yep.
But he's literally a TE. That's what he listed at. So therefore he's literally a TE.

Yep.

He's listed as one, but he doesn't play the position of TE. He lines up outside 70% of the time. Fridge Perry lined up in the backfield sometimes. If the Bears decided to label him a RB would you buy it?

He's listed as one, but he doesn't play the position of TE. He lines up outside 70% of the time. Fridge Perry lined up in the backfield sometimes. If the Bears decided to label him a RB would you buy it?
It’s how they are listed on the roster and reported to the nfl. The nfl and the players union agreed to the rules.

Brady has five more years in him. Honestly, at age 40, he's playing better than ever. He just engineered another improbable comeback victory against the best defense in the NFL a couple weeks ago. Brady might still be winning Super Bowls when he's 46.

There's plenty of time for New England to groom his replacement.
I think Brady is the GOAT.
But all are human and time is short.
I would be surprised, make that stunned if he makes it to 45.

I just hope he doesnt hang around to long, and gets some life altering injury or destroys his legacy.

It’s how they are listed on the roster and reported to the nfl. The nfl and the players union agreed to the rules.
He was glad to sign the contract then he wanted to break it. He started all of the crap in the middle of the season. That kind of distraction is not needed on any team much less an NFL team. I was glad they got rid of him. Salary caps are the main reason they have to stick to their listing and contract.

Gronk gonna play?

Jimmy Graham is good, however he's not as good as he was in NO.
He got a swelled head in NOLA thinking the Saints couldn't survive without him and demanded double his salary. Peyton said no thanks adios. Which was a good thing. It's a team sport.[/QUOTE]
No news on Gronk, very quiet.

Hearing that the Jets are willing to give Kirk Cousins $60M guaranteed his first season, that's just insane. Cousins is OK, but I don't think he's THAT great of a QB. The Redskins only have one first-round playoff exit to show for his time as a starter there, I doubt he'd do much better with the Jets.

Hearing that the Jets are willing to give Kirk Cousins $60M guaranteed his first season, that's just insane. Cousins is OK, but I don't think he's THAT great of a QB. The Redskins only have one first-round playoff exit to show for his time as a starter there, I doubt he'd do much better with the Jets.
Ideas like that are why the Jets haven't won a Super Bowl in 50 years

Back
Top Bottom