NFL 2021-22

If you are running a touchdown play with 45 seconds to go fall down at the one yard line if you have downs and time outs to spare. Then run the clock down to 15 or 20 seconds to go before trying to get the TD.

It wouldn't have helped against the Cheifs with Mahomes but it could in many cases.

If you are running a touchdown play with 45 seconds to go fall down at the one yard line if you have downs and time outs to spare. Then run the clock down to 15 or 20 seconds to go before trying to get the TD.

It wouldn't have helped against the Cheifs with Mahomes but it could in many cases.

I fear we're going to start seeing more of this, because there are too many high profile instances of scoring quickly backfiring.

It's still a dicey move if you need a TD and not a FG, because goal line offense is not a gimme TD in this league.

This result is going to get enough high profile people clamoring for change that the competition committee may do something. What they're most likely to do is not what I'd like - a full OT period of a given length - but to expand the guaranteed possession concept to cover a TD as well. If the Chiefs score a TD on their opening possession, the Bills have a chance to score a TD and tie it up again, then it becomes sudden death.

I predict that will happen at some point.

Back
Top Bottom