NFL 2021-22

I'm not defending it. I'm so pissed that it made me lose all interest in whatever else happens this offseason. But yeah, I am sure there are several fans who will do mental gymnastics to try and convince themselves he's not that bad, but a lot of Browns fans are extremely upset right now. WHen I heard the news, I felt sick to my stomach.

I'll continue to root for the Browns but I'll never like Watson, I'll never make excuses for Watson, I'll never support Watson, and I'll celebrate the day he is no longer our QB no matter how many games he helps us win. Unfortunately, being only 26 years old, it seems like he's going to be our QB for a long time.

I'll just leave this here........

Heck, many teams wanted him. Many teams needed his talent. There are going to be a lot of NFL fans that will trash the Browns for their decision to pursue and aquire him and his baggage but the simple truth is that many of those that will speak out would have been glad to have him under center. Screw the haters and those that profess their 'Holier than thou' spiel. Their words mean nothing. You'll enjoy those wins on Sunday's all the same as well you should. You don't have control over their hiring decisions. Hold your head high. You may now get to see some long overdue successes for your organization.

That being said..... Go Steelers! F the Browns! Yeah, I'm still going to hate your team each and every Sunday. That's my job as a Steelers fan and who you have under center doesn't make difference.

Heck, many teams wanted him. Many teams needed his talent. There are going to be a lot of NFL fans that will trash the Browns for their decision to pursue and aquire him and his baggage but the simple truth is that many of those that will speak out would have been glad to have him under center. Screw the haters and those that profess their 'Holier than thou' spiel. Their words mean nothing. You'll enjoy those wins on Sunday's all the same as well you should. You don't have control over their hiring decisions. Hold your head high. You may now get to see some long overdue successes for your organization.

That being said..... Go Steelers! F the Browns! Yeah, I'm still going to hate your team each and every Sunday. That's my job as a Steelers fan and who you have under center doesn't make difference.
I don't know if it's holier than thou to be against rape, but I'm speaking to a steelers fan so it makes sense this needs to be explained.

I don't know if it's holier than thou to be against rape, but I'm speaking to a steelers fan so it makes sense this needs to be explained.
Every fan base accepts winning but you read into it what you like. You can't tell me anything I haven't heard before.

Unfortunately, being only 26 years old, it seems like he's going to be our QB for a long time.

It's the Browns, they never keep a QB for a long time 😜

Seriously though, I'm sorry for you guys. I thought Baker was going to be their competent answer at QB for the long term.

Tony Buzbee is a figure with an, uh, colorful history, and it's funny what everyone seems certain that they "know" based on trial by social media and 22 anonymous accusations all organized and represented by him.

I'm not surprised that the NFL has no interest in dealing with him.

Last edited:
Fortunately Deshaun Watson didn't do anything really bad like smoke a joint or kneel during the National Anthem.

The kneeling wasn't the main problem for Kaep imo. His play straight-up fell off a cliff. 31st in QBR during his last two seasons when there's only 32 starters in the league would get anyone benched, cut, or relegated to backup somewhere.

I believe if he had kept playing at the same level he played at during his breakout seasons he would've never been out of the league, kneeling or not. Teams will overlook any controversy if the skills are there. But he had dropped to below average, and you pair that with wanting All-Pro QB money and the controversies, I think teams just thought it wasn't worth it.

EM0LSa7WwAAw2xg.jpg

Teams will overlook any controversy if the skills are there.

It was a complicated situation and the NFL's hands aren't clean, but ultimately agree with this. As the Watson case shows, teams in dire need of a franchise QB will line up for one with baggage if they think it makes their team better. Teams did not believe that with Kaepernick.

The kneeling wasn't the main problem for Kaep imo. His play straight-up fell off a cliff. 31st in QBR during his last two seasons when there's only 32 starters in the league would get anyone benched, cut, or relegated to backup somewhere.

I believe if he had kept playing at the same level he played at during his breakout seasons he would've never been out of the league, kneeling or not. Teams will overlook any controversy if the skills are there. But he had dropped to below average, and you pair that with wanting All-Pro QB money and the controversies, I think teams just thought it wasn't worth it.

Kaepernick got benched because he sucked, and his wannabe social activist girlfriend convinced him to start kneeling if he wanted to remain relevant.

Kaep is a clown. This is the same guy who wore a Dolphins hat in the offseason when he was still starting for the 49ers, wore the pig/cop socks to practice when he knew the cameras were on him, worshipped Che Guevara, compared himself to Malcolm X, wore a Fidel Castro t-shirt to a speaking appearance about tolerance (seriously, think about that for a minute), sabotaged his shot with the Ravens when his GF tweeted a picture depicting their team owner as a slave owner the same day they offered him a contract, said he wouldn't consider the XFL for AAF for anything less than $20 million a year, shifted the location of his public tryout at the last minute as a middle finger to the NFL (while wearing a Kunta Kinte shirt, which shows just how seriously he was taking it) and so on, and so on.

Once Kaep was released from the 49ers, he had ZERO INTENTION of ever playing football again. He just wanted people to think he still wanted to play and think that he was being blackballed by the league, so he could win a lawsuit and make a documentary about how much he struggled growing up with a loving white family in a nice neighborhood and going to a good school.

The fact of the matter is that no NFL team wants their backup QB to be a story, good or bad. No NFL team wants their backup QB to be in the news, getting any attention whatsoever. When it became clear that he was no longer good enough to start, of course there weren't many teams interested. But had it not been for his girlfriend dictating his purpose in life, he would have received another shot somewhere as a starter or at the very least, several years as a backup.

Yeah, I think his girlfriend was the driving force behind all of this. Kaepernick isn't smart enough to pull this off, but they got what they wanted because of her.

One of my best friends is a hardcore Steelers fan. For the past decade, I have constantly given him grief for his team's QB being a trash human being. "I don't root for the player, I root for the team" he always said. Yet he admitted last month that when Rapistberger retired, he felt an overwhelming sense of relief. He says he can finally feel "good" about rooting for his team again. Let's face it: in football, the QB is usually the face of the franchise.

I don't want to wait a decade to feel good about rooting for the Browns again. I wish I could separate the off-field stuff from what I watch on Sundays, but it's not easy, ESPECIALLY when the POS is your QB. It's so much easier and more fun to pull for a team of players you generally like, especially the best players on your team.

I always felt proud to be a Browns fan, even after decades of losing and dysfunction. I understand that the ultimate goal is to win, but I don't like doing it this way. My buddy the Steelers fan says I'll get used to it eventually. Hopefully he's right, because this trade for Watson really took the wind out of my sails. Now I don't care about the draft, I don't care about the rest of free agency.....I really just don't care.

EM0LSa7WwAAw2xg.jpg
Yeah, when you get benched for Blaine Gabbert you know you’re not playing well.

Kaep’s supporters like to point out that he had a 16-4 TD to INT ratio in his last year (2016). But they fail to mention he went 1-10 as a starter that year.

EM0LSa7WwAAw2xg.jpg

Might want to read up on the lawsuits, which led to a settlement. The facts were absolutely there to prove that the NFL colluded with team owners (and even, reportedly, The White House) to blackball him from the league.

Also, weren't Kaepernick's struggles taking place when Trent Baalke was running the show in San Francisco? You know, the same guy who is ruining Trevor Lawrence's career?

Yeah, when you get benched for Blaine Gabbert you know you’re not playing well.

Kaep’s supporters like to point out that he had a 16-4 TD to INT ratio in his last year (2016). But they fail to mention he went 1-10 as a starter that year.

49ers fans will point out that the organization was dysfunctional until Trent Baalke was shown the door. And again, we're seeing the same ****show in Jacksonville right now.

Between the NFL handing out harsher penalties for smoking weed than for beating/raping women and the men winning championships and setting records in women's sports, I'll just say it: Professional (and college) sports have an anti-woman shtick going on right now.

Might want to read up on the lawsuits, which led to a settlement. The facts were absolutely there to prove that the NFL colluded with team owners (and even, reportedly, The White House) to blackball him from the league.

Also, weren't Kaepernick's struggles taking place when Trent Baalke was running the show in San Francisco? You know, the same guy who is ruining Trevor Lawrence's career?

That settlement really proved nothing except that the league just wanted it to go away. Kaep could have rejected it and taken the opportunity to present any arguments and evidence that he had in court, but he took the money and ran. Far less money than what he could have received if they had a winning case.

I don't think Baalke, or any GM really, is directly responsible for breaking quarterbacks. Some coaches on the other hand...Adam Gase or Matt Nagy, for example, I could see the argument. The Jags were just a mess from the get go; Meyer was an absolute mess as far as leadership goes. Lawrence will get a do-over somewhere else when things flame out for him in Jacksonville.

That settlement really proved nothing except that the league just wanted it to go away. Kaep could have rejected it and taken the opportunity to present any arguments and evidence that he had in court, but he took the money and ran. Far less money than what he could have received if they had a winning case.

Yep. Kaep got what he wanted. All part of the plan.

He's a poser and a fraud.

The Colts basically got two third round picks for Wentz, so this could be a steal for them. Of the veteran QBs remaining, Ryan probably still has the most winning potential. Not sure they shouldn't be rebuilding, but they showed flashes of being a much better team last year.

The Colts basically got two third round picks for Wentz, so this could be a steal for them. Of the veteran QBs remaining, Ryan probably still has the most winning potential. Not sure they shouldn't be rebuilding, but they showed flashes of being a much better team last year.
If Carson Wentz wasn't useless they could have been a contender.

It'll come down to the Titans and Colts in the AFC South.

With Taylor in the backfield, this will be a very potent offense. Wentz was ok, at best.

Could realistically be a steal and the Falcons are eating 40 million in dead cap, too... Yikes.

Yep. Kaep got what he wanted. All part of the plan.

He's a poser and a fraud.

You could be right.

I'm not going to judge his heart or his intentions, but I can certainly judge his production. And I know that if he had been the starting QB for my favorite team, I would have been one of the fans calling for him to be replaced based on that criteria. His rankings those last two years were Jamarcus-like :oops:

I hate it

2015 1st and 2nd picks are in the same division. Good luck to them both next year.

The Bucs are the favorite, however the Saints were nit far away from a wildcard. I think the Saints with a healthy Winston/Kamara/Thomas trio could do some work.

2015 1st and 2nd picks are in the same division. Good luck to them both next year.

The Bucs are the favorite, however the Saints were nit far away from a wildcard. I think the Saints with a healthy Winston/Kamara/Thomas trio could do some work.
Saints definitely make the playoffs if Jameis is healthy all of 2021, imo. I think they’ll be respectable again but I’m not sure how Payton going on hiatus will affect Winston. Until proven otherwise they still own the Bucs in the regular season too.

When is the last time Atlanta has been a rebuilding team? I’d probably give Taylor Heinicke the job over Mariota though lol..

Sorry man, I'm sure you will. He's a heckuva player.

Indy got a real steal there for a 3rd. Unlike Cleveland who got robbed to the tune of 6 picks and the most expensive deal ever.
Yeah, Indy really came out ahead here. Didn’t give up much (not even the best 3rd round pick they had either) and got someone who IMO with the right team around him, can still go

Back
Top Bottom